• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

RJM77

Giving MIUI a go and going minimal.

6328349860_e20a090dba_b.jpg

6328350090_6ae74579aa_b.jpg

6328350606_5cb0f7acdc_b.jpg

Hm4Sk.png

I discovered ADW categories and replaced simiFloder with an icon for Launcher Actions to open each category.

And I realized I only really needed the weather/battery on the lock screen, so I changed widgets.

Also found some new icons.

Alternate:
2Hugv.png

Zizbuka

Banned
I have an unrooted HTC Inspire, so I know I'm somewhat limited.

I've been playing with launchers tonight. I'm sticking with Go Launcher, I just think it offers the best options.

But MX Launcher has a really cool feature. If you scroll screens all the way to the left, it changes to a big analog clock, with 4 app icons. Anyone know of a standalone app similar to that screen?

ss-480-1-7

3rdman

I really should post screens of my Galaxy s but I've spent the last few days updating the software of my Nook and tweaking it out...here are the results...

screenshot-1321074314837.png

I really like the look of the Asus weather widget but since I couldn't have that, I used "Make Your Own Clock Widget" app from the marketplace. Switch Pro widget is also there...

I had to abandon LauncherPro to use ADW EX as that has a specific setting to lock the homescreen in landscape mode...it also has really nice settings that help to give it that tablet look and feel. the app button at the bottom is actually part of a dock that can hide...really nice. The font is something I pulled from the marketplace called "Custom Android Font Switcher" I'm also using ICS theme that is being developed for the nook and posted at XDA. There are some minor issues still, but so far so good.

On a side note, one thing I really missed about leaving Launcher Pro was their widgets but I found a great alternative...It's called "Colorize Widget" and comes with everything that LP has and more...give it a shot!

Threi

notag
its beautiful widgets (which is free if you download it through getjar), with the mattedblues skin and the tick weather skin.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Can anyone recommend some minimalist wifi and GPS toggle Widgets? Preferably just white text and nothing else.

Threi

notag
poppabk said:
Can anyone recommend some minimalist wifi and GPS toggle Widgets? Preferably just white text and nothing else.
You can try using beautiful widgets (its currently free through getjar), downloading a text-only toggle skin through the program, and disabling backgrounds.

Also widgetsoid is pretty customizable, you could try that as well.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Does anyone know which icon pack I should get to finish this (below) off? I still need an similar icon for my Video, YouTube, Calculator and Alarm clock apps.

b4vk2o.jpg

Thank you!

Zizbuka

Banned
So, I'd love to find a couple of widgets. Anyone know of any?

1. Like my screenshot above, basically a decent sized clock like in MX Launcher.

2. A way to do cards of open apps, like WebOS. I have an HP Veer, which I sometimes swap my SIM into. It's too small to be an every day phone, but I really like this feature of the OS.

Thanks

I0srA.png

Made even more minimal. Found a new clock widget I love. "Make Your Clock Widget" It can be made to display just about anything, and there's a nice gallery, too.

Threi

notag
lol

like i said its minimalistic text, which is a pain to setup but you can save configs when you're done.

I forget which one it is but its one of these (unzip to sdcard/MinimalisticTextPreferences)

Weather is from SiMiClock, easy to setup.

Picture Frame came with my phone, i assume its a default android widget.

Icons are here: http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://justreveal.blogspot.com/2011/11/matte-iconsv1.html

Wallpapers are here: http://uribaani.deviantart.com/art/Glowen-Wallpaper-pack-147502838
http://fiftyfootshadows.net/2009/07/15/i-write-the-b-sides/

Also tried fiddling around with desktop visualizer for icons and got this, not gunna keep it though since it doesn't support missed call/text badges.

Its amazing what you pick up just browsing deviantart and XDA forums. I am just constantly like "wow...i want that"

That is just glorious. Wow. How does that particular screen look in landscape Threi?
Pretty bad, which is why i lock it to portrait in GO Launcher settings.

Cruzader

Banned
lol

like i said its minimalistic text, which is a pain to setup but you can save configs when you're done.

I forget which one it is but its one of these (unzip to sdcard/MinimalisticTextPreferences)

Weather is from SiMiClock, easy to setup.

Picture Frame came with my phone, i assume its a default android widget.

Icons are here: http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://justreveal.blogspot.com/2011/11/matte-iconsv1.html

Wallpapers are here: http://uribaani.deviantart.com/art/Glowen-Wallpaper-pack-147502838
http://fiftyfootshadows.net/2009/07/15/i-write-the-b-sides/

Also tried fiddling around with desktop visualizer for icons and got this, not gunna keep it though since it doesn't support missed call/text badges.

Its amazing what you pick up just browsing deviantart and XDA forums. I am just constantly like "wow...i want that"

Pretty bad, which is why i lock it to portrait in GO Launcher settings.

Wow, wow, wow!

Thank you for the sweet set up.

Anyone still using AOSP 2.3.x of CM7?? I should update mine phone to a newer ROM. Lol

Wow, wow, wow!

Thank you for the sweet set up.

Anyone still using AOSP 2.3.x of CM7?? I should update mine phone to a newer ROM. Lol

i do. cm.7.1 with a mod to remove some cm-mods and adw launch to stock on my htc desire. generally no complaints except tethering seems a lot slower, volume + brightness
is lower by comparison (possibly require some tweaks).

Zapages

Any advice here. I am starting to customize my Galaxy S2, trying to keep it nice and simple with nice galaxy live wallpaper :)

I am using Go Launcher Ex right now. :)

NBV5o.png

JiIZu.png

Chopper

Where did you get that unlock screen?

I would recommend SwitchPro for your toggle widget needs. It requires paying actual money, but looks much nicer than those big switches on your homescreen.

Zapages

Where did you get that unlock screen?

I would recommend SwitchPro for your toggle widget needs. It requires paying actual money, but looks much nicer than those big switches on your homescreen.

That unlocks screen is Go Launcher unlocker...

The actual buttons look small/normal size on my phone, but the print screen makes them extremely large. lol... :)

Threi

notag
Add a static text (under misc when you add stuff) and just put " | "

*edit* settled on this (lockscreen/picture frame changes depending on my mood though)

(I have icon packs but i prefer stock...for now.)

Kwixotik

What's that Music widget you're using, Threi? Also, my phone is totally jacking your swag right now.

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a classy lock screen? I have a nice wallpaper for it, but the ICS one for GO Locker has a strange font I'm not comfortable with. See what I mean? The color is a bit darker and nicer-looking in person, but I just am not feeling that font or date format.

screenshot1322862142384.png

Also, I have been rooted for approximately 15 hours :D My phone was almost completely stock til then.

Threi

notag
the music player is ubermusic, with the clear widgets skin.

As for lock screens the fourkey one for go locker is a bit nicer, but if you really want to customize your lockscreen you gotta look into using widgetlocker.

I don't like em though, prefer the stock one as its the least amount of trouble (the stock samsung lockscreen is kinda laggy though, go locker is faster)

simtmb

Just got a Galaxy S 2, loving the phone, but man...it came with sooooo much bloatware its just..bad. I'd like to root the phone and pretty much wipe everything on it, so much useless crap, but I'm not sure on the exact process. Would there happen to be a good updated guide for this phone that any GAF users recommend?

Kwixotik

Just got a Galaxy S 2, loving the phone, but man...it came with sooooo much bloatware its just..bad. I'd like to root the phone and pretty much wipe everything on it, so much useless crap, but I'm not sure on the exact process. Would there happen to be a good updated guide for this phone that any GAF users recommend?

I rooted my GS2 yesterday using this guide. That's assuming your phone is on AT&T. If not, you need to find the forum on xda appropriate for your phone. Their AT&T GS2 IRC was also very helpful when I had questions.

Chopper

Just uninstall everything you can, and use a launcher to hide everything else. Much easier and safer than rooting.

simtmb

xD I just went ahead and rooted after looking through the xda site. Nice and simple, just flashed stock firmware and rooted with CF-Root.

abunai

exam tomorrow, so nothing better to do than re-do my phone

4uaim.jpg
5SIgg.jpg

Bulletproof MIUI 1.12.2 w/ extended settings mod
Cloudy weather status bar w/ custom carrier logo
MIUI clock
VA Asteria V4 lockscreen, with quake logo + mac os leopard wallpaper
Some random green wallpaper for homescreen, can upload if wanted
Vexillium icons

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but when I look through this thread I always feel like most people are just making their phones more hideous and wonder if my phone looks just as hideous to others haha =D

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but when I look through this thread I always feel like most people are just making their phones more hideous and wonder if my phone looks just as hideous to others haha =D
I thunk that varies a lot by person and taste. But even considering that, I don't think anyone would find mine uglier than stock.

Chopper

exam tomorrow, so nothing better to do than re-do my phone

4uaim.jpg
5SIgg.jpg

Bulletproof MIUI 1.12.2 w/ extended settings mod
Cloudy weather status bar w/ custom carrier logo
MIUI clock
VA Asteria V4 lockscreen, with quake logo + mac os leopard wallpaper
Some random green wallpaper for homescreen, can upload if wanted
Vexillium icons

Rooted, right?

abunai

Rooted, right?

yes, but the only thing you probably couldn't do without root is change the signal icons to clouds and change the lockscreen. Wallpapers and icons are fine, pretty sure there is an mClock skin to match the MIUI one, and you could use superstatusbar (app) to alter the alignment of status bar information.

Threi

notag

Yours very well could look hideous to others, taste is subjective.

Top Bottom