• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

kehs

Banned
Just started using Launcher 7 and I really like the status bar, but on my lockscreen, if I open the browser, open messaging it switches back to the original Android status bar.

Anyway to get the Launcher 7 status bar all the time?

Nope, not without rooting and using a custom status bar. Status bar is system stuff that can't be changed by apps.

Threi

notag
well there is a statusbar replacement on the android market, but its more of a permanent overlay and kinda crappy.

bolbronx

Wallpaper please?

I'd like to know this too! Great image.

I've uploaded it on imgur.
If you want the original package, visit
http://www.androtransfer.com/?developer=nordpolcamper&folder=Requested Wallpaper Packs
It's in the Sense 4 walls reworked package

9P27O.jpg

My HTC Incredible's homescreen. I am so tired of this phone, can't wait till my upgrade comes in August. Want either the new iPhone or the Galaxy Nexus 2.

pmcme.png

AndyD

aka andydumi
Woohoo, just rooted. So now I can participate.

pP7Ku.png

I have to brighten up the background on this one, give it a little more green.

Chopper

Nice to see a little revival in this thread. These all look great!

Now I have ICS, is there anything I can take advantage of for customising? For example, are there any launchers that require ICS? Also, how do people get such a minimalistic Google widget? The stock one is hideous and I can't find any way to modify it...

ink4n3

Nice to see a little revival in this thread. These all look great!

Now I have ICS, is there anything I can take advantage of for customising? For example, are there any launchers that require ICS? Also, how do people get such a minimalistic Google widget? The stock one is hideous and I can't find any way to modify it...

Nova Launcher is built for ICS. I use it on my Galaxy Nexus and Transformer Prime. I think the ability to get rid of the annoying search bar on every page and actually use the extra space is its greatest feature, but it does all sorts of other things. There is also a paid version for it, but I haven't had the need to even check it out yet.

MNC

What's that clock/calendar/weather widget?

Guys, please mention what you're using when posting here, it's becoming more of a drop and dash thread than an actual toolbox.

I want to know as well. Hope the weather widget is seperate.

FillerB

Yes!

Be sure to share :p

Well started work on the lockscreen today and made pretty good progress. While it isn't done yet I think the basic layout is pretty much down. I still want to add some indicator icons under the emblem (call, messages, email, rss, battery) that light up in different colors depending on circumstances (amount of unread messages / battery level) but I'm sure how to do that yet. Probably need to start looking into Zoom.

ibiQCUnik17jgn.png

The unlock-slider is that yellow bar at the bottom that you need to pull down.

Apps used: WidgetLocker and UCCW

Chopper

Can anyone recommend a good Contacts/Dialer app? I don't know if I'm going crazy, but since updating to ICS the dialpad isn't available from the Contacts list, and full contact details aren't available from the Phone.

thetechkid

Can anyone recommend a good Contacts/Dialer app? I don't know if I'm going crazy, but since updating to ICS the dialpad isn't available from the Contacts list, and full contact details aren't available from the Phone.

exDialer works pretty well.

Here's mine, now that I have ICS and can finally take screenshots. Nothing too fancy, no custom icons or anything. I use Apex Launcher with three homescreens and two sets of my most frequently used apps on the dock that I can scroll between. Everything I could ever need is one swipe or tap away.

Main Screen:

y3iI5.png

Would you know where you got the wallpaper?

dark_chris

Woohoo, just rooted. So now I can participate.

pP7Ku.png

I have to brighten up the background on this one, give it a little more green.

Whoa whoa whoa!
I wanna do my phone like this. How? =] I like!
(if its explained earlier in the thread, sorry, I just jumped in the thread)

Altazor

haven't changed mine since last year... and I don't think I'll change it until I change the phone itself (a Samsung Galaxy S) later this year.

anyway, here it goes again:

5sA59.png

dark_chris

ya know.. Since I've had the Galaxy S2 for quite sometime, I've always told myself that I will customize it one day.
so after lurking around this thread and other threads around the net, I decided that it was time to sit down, customize it with what I only need and use, and basically have fun with it.

SC20120523-220344.png

And these two screens are basically all I needed.
I've never done minimal stuff on a home screen but I actually like it! Now I really enjoy using my phone and Im glad to participate.
SC20120523-220350.png
SC20120523-220355.png

Top Bottom