• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Salsa

Supposed to get my phone back (as in, bought it again after i lost it last friday -_-) tomorrow, hope all goes well.

Gonna take this opportunity to see more options with ROMs after rooting.

Can anyone direct me towards the latest stable Cyanogen build? as in, with camera working and all (I think the version of ICS Cyanogenmod I saw still had some issues). Might not be the right thread to ask I guess..

Well started work on the lockscreen today and made pretty good progress. While it isn't done yet I think the basic layout is pretty much down. I still want to add some indicator icons under the emblem (call, messages, email, rss, battery) that light up in different colors depending on circumstances (amount of unread messages / battery level) but I'm sure how to do that yet. Probably need to start looking into Zoom.

ibiQCUnik17jgn.png

The unlock-slider is that yellow bar at the bottom that you need to pull down.

Apps used: WidgetLocker and UCCW

Oh, wow - that's impressive!

You know, I wish I could root my Xperia Play...

EDIT: Well, moreso upload a custom ROM, but.

Salsa

dark_chris

I wanted to let you know too, the pictures for the contacts widget changes (showing how you setup the photo in that app) and gets that black bar on the bottom when you have HD Caller ID, in case you were wondering why the setup might look different for you.

reKon

Banned
So I never understood how addicting this customization stuff could be. I've never really tried to do much with it but I ended up spending a lot of time just messing around and seeing what I can come up with that I like.
I hate the way Google music looks though but overall I like this.

Edit: didn't realize the screenshots would appear that big from imgur so I removed them

Chopper

Is it just me, or is Go Launcher playing up a bit since the last update? I had to move a Switchpro widget and it took alot of fiddling and resize it just to move it to the far left of my 9x9 homescreen. The resize option wouldn't appear unless it I moved the widget to the right side of the screen first. Most annoying.

Maybe I'm due for a redesign. The problem is I'm not very creative myself, so rely on inspiration from here and MyColorScreen.

Also, we should totally have a rule in place here that states that every time you show off your homescreen, you need to post a list of launchers, widgets etc. Just for prosperity's sake!

Mikeside

My new baby - have changed over to ParanoidAndroid ROM which I'm pretty happy with as it lets me choose on an app-by-app basis if I want to use the tablet or phone layout for that app - really handy on this phone :)

mik

mik is unbeatable
UCCW seems incredibly flexible. I really want to dig in to it. Is there any way to display the temp in Fahrenheit? I don't see the option anywhere.

iU9kz.png

ScOULaris

Kinda OT, but how do you guys take screens with android phones if they aren't rooted? Or do they have to be?

If you're running a pre-ICS version of Android without root, there aren't many convenient ways to take screenshots outside of downloading some software onto your computer and then connecting with a USB cable. If you're on ICS, however, hold Volume Down + power button for a second and it will snap a shot.

Xun

I just got given a free Samsung Galaxy Mini, and I'm wondering if there are any ways I could stop it from saying "T-Mobile" when booting and shutting it off? If not it isn't that big of an issue.

I got the phone unlocked today since I'm not with T-Mobile.

abunai

I just got given a free Samsung Galaxy Mini, and I'm wondering if there are any ways I could stop it from saying "T-Mobile" when booting and shutting it off? If not it isn't that big of an issue.

I got the phone unlocked today since I'm not with T-Mobile.

It'll be a custom boot animation loaded into the T-Mobile ROM. You'll need a new rom or root and patch in your own custom boot animation. Unless there's some new method I'm unaware of.

I decided to play a bit more with ICS, kind of gave up after a while though:
Screenshot_2012-06-03-19-23-43.png
Screenshot_2012-06-03-20-35-09.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SC20120620-191227.png

my current homescreen, shamelessly stole ideas from this thread specially threi's awesome minimalistic text ideas. I really like the solid black minimal background you can't tell that well where the screen ends.

After playing persona 3 I really like the light blue themed look in UIs which was later incorporated into WP7, and I really really WP7's UI...

...So much that end up stealing it for SMS

SC20120620-005724.png

my lock screen is the default one, the custom ones didn't run as smoothly as I would like.

I wish I could change the status bar icons to blue like in ICS (sadly t-mobile still don't offer the upgrade), oh well.

Top Bottom