• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Mordeccai

I would like to know this as well. Hopefully you don't need a custom rom for it, although I'm rooted and whatnot.

Download Nova Launcher from the Play Store, go to Nova Settings, subcategory Look and Feel, navigate to the Folders heading and the options are there to make it how you want it.

Just a quick reminder for all the Android users: I've made some iconsets to use on your device of choice. The first ones work real well with "Desktop Visualizer" but also work on docks.

Framed:
http://rjnavarrete.deviantart.com/art/F-ramed-iconset-191124320

_f_ramed_iconset_by_rjnavarrete-d35sggw.png

Skwared:
http://rjnavarrete.deviantart.com/art/skwared-iconset-191053914

skwared__iconset__by_rjnavarrete-d35qy56.png

Pt. 2

http://rjnavarrete.deviantart.com/art/SKWARED-Vol-2-266494142

skwared_vol__2_by_rjnavarrete-d4enw72.png

Enjoy and share if you like them :)

Download Nova Launcher from the Play Store, go to Nova Settings, subcategory Look and Feel, navigate to the Folders heading and the options are there to make it how you want it.

Ah, it's a launcher. I don't have experience with any of them outside of Launcher Pro and that one Windows Phone look-a-like. I thought launcher was great, so is it better than that?

gutshot

Ok, here's my first set up after flashing with Cyanogenmod 7.2 on HTC EVO 4G:

yLMGd.png
aIm6I.png

• Cyanbread theme
  • MetroStation icons
  • Circle battery widget
  • gTab Simi Clock
  • Brilliant Quote of the Day

Everything i've got is off the Play store

This looks really nice. Swiping my idea of putting the icons on the left side was perfect. It looks even better on your setup!

barrin87

So I have a Galaxy S3 and just downloaded Nova Launcher on my phone. How can I get a custom picture I found on the internet to scale to the phone? I can get it to work as a wallpaper but I get black on the sides when I go to anything other than the home screen. Any ideas?

Mordeccai

Ah, it's a launcher. I don't have experience with any of them outside of Launcher Pro and that one Windows Phone look-a-like. I thought launcher was great, so is it better than that?

I used Launcher Pro on my original Droid and I haven't had that phone for half a year now so I really can't comment based off of that, but as far as launchers go for ICS / JB Nova is definitely the best I have used with Apex coming in a very close second. I believe you can do the same folder set up with Apex as well.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I have a Galaxy S3 and just downloaded Nova Launcher on my phone. How can I get a custom picture I found on the internet to scale to the phone? I can get it to work as a wallpaper but I get black on the sides when I go to anything other than the home screen. Any ideas?

Try getting Quickpic and setting as wallpaper through there.

barrin87

Try getting Quickpic and setting as wallpaper through there.

Hm, tried that but it still did the same thing when I went to my other screens.

Another question if anyone knows. Does anyone know the icon pack that WascallyWabbit is using in his pick? I tried the Elegant icon pack which looked good other than it doesn't have a messaging icon so it really stands out and looks bad.

I used Launcher Pro on my original Droid and I haven't had that phone for half a year now so I really can't comment based off of that, but as far as launchers go for ICS / JB Nova is definitely the best I have used with Apex coming in a very close second. I believe you can do the same folder set up with Apex as well.

Cool. I'll give it a go and see how it works out once I get back home and have time to tinker with it. Thanks for the info.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I find it so hard to customize the tablet, so much space I don't know what to do with it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Mine. Pretty simple.

jbdGsffFXRPOMJ.jpg

Is there any way to get a % on the standard battery icon in the Notification bar?

kehs

Banned
The full screen toggle app does a framework hack(since I'm on a stock rom). I did it anyways, lol.

Is there anyway to get the gestures to activate from the bottom instead of the sides? I set the gravity to the bottom but it cuts off the bottom of the ring.

Kinda don't like that there's no way to see when there's a menu oveflow. =/

e: rotation bug is killing me. Will give it another shot in a couple of days since author says he's fixed it.

And just like that, LMT has a new version that fixed the rotation bug.

Hello full screen! The phone looks top heavy now, haha.

e: getting out of the camera requires switching to a picture preview. heh.

LadyRiven

Is there a version of MetroStation icon pack for GO Launcher, or alternatively a place to download PNGs of the icons? I downloaded these from deviantart, but they don't have the same look.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I keep meaning to buy the app for those little toggle widgets, which one is it again? Also which launcher are you using?
The toggles are SwitchPro - using Apex Launcher.

Thanks for the responses about the battery icon - think I need to root this thing, then.

-PXG-

Custom made wallpaper and icons

c41Fm.jpg

NSFW version ;)

I have a rooted (of course) Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, on Sky ICS 4.2F, with a modded UCLF5 kernel. I use Apex Launcher with the Minimal MIUI icon pack for my apps (apps in the app drawer, which aren't present). My background and home screen icons are custom made and embedded within the wallpaper. Blank .PNGs were used for the home screen icons so that my assets could be displayed. I set the grid size to maximum settings (10 x10). The white bar at the bottom is my battery, thanks to Charge Bar.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey Android peeps what are some good websites to go to to get Wallpaper that fit the newer phones with 720p screens like the Nexus, GS3, and One X?

Also any good sites to visit for Android customization other than MyColorScreen?

Hey Android peeps what are some good websites to go to to get Wallpaper that fit the newer phones with 720p screens like the Nexus, GS3, and One X?

Also any good sites to visit for Android customization other than MyColorScreen?
DeviantArt for wallpapers

XDA-Developers for customization know-how

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Get the wallbase app. Its got an absolutely enormous library.

Dommo

Mine. Pretty simple.

jbdGsffFXRPOMJ.jpg

Is there any way to get a % on the standard battery icon in the Notification bar?

Good god where are you getting those toggle widgets? I've been searching for something nice and consistent for ages that comes with a data on/off toggle.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Galaxy Note

Icons from left to right

Phone, Contacts, BeWeather Pro, App Drawer, S-Voice, Messages, and Google Chrome.

Live Wallpaper: Pixel Rain

Rom: Team Perfection ICS Objection RC1

1xGPI.png

r1chard

Does anyone know of a good widget switcher *like* widgetsoid that I can supply my own icons to, but still get an on/off indicator?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thanks to everyone here. I bought Nova Prime and finally updated my home screen from the original ICS stock. It's nothing inspiring but it'll do.

jblepKvmOMdFuc.jpg

I use gestures to get to things. Icons get notification badges. Swipe down for notification bar. Swipe up for app drawer. Double tap home for voice search. App drawer has frequently used apps as the first tab so things are quick to get to.

Fireblend

Banned
This is mine right now; I switched from GoLauncher (got bloated as hell in the past few months) to Apex 3 days ago and thought I'd celebrate the occasion with a new look:

wId9D.png

Top Bottom