• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

OyZMiXX.gif

Man, episode wasn't that funny, but from a storyline perspective I fucking loved it. Backman is an amazing antagonist. And lol at all that build up going to waste at the end. Wonder where this show will go next.

Man, episode wasn't that funny, but from a storyline perspective I fucking loved it. Backman is an amazing antagonist. And lol at all that build up going to waste at the end. Wonder where this show will go next.

You mean Barker? Erlich Bachman is not an antagonist.

oatmeal

Banned
Typical Silicon Valley.

As they walked in, I thought to myself "this season is so much easier to watch than last years" and then that happened.

Always something super stupid.

knicks

The Jared joke at the end, might be one of the funniest things ever. His delivery every time he talks on this show is brilliant.

The lead up to the Jared joke was masterfully crafted really. The prolonged planning. The badass plan. The badass music. Jared beforehand in the elevator stating he has another chain joke, and then when they turned that corner and it happened it was all too much. #dead

ampere

Yeah the Jared joke was nuts. It's like haha look at that necklace -> fuck your mom in her ass WTF

That escalated quickly

Blastoise

Banned
A bit sloppy with the premise this episode. But I love how nothing on this show is cliche. They always flip it somehow.

Kaizer

Banned
Okay that ending legit pissed me off & had me laughing at the same time. Love this show but goddammit Richard - really, REALLY?!?

We just got hoodwinked. Hence the title of this episode. When Jared talked about it, and explained that they have to act like they usually act and Richard does what we expected him to do. Plus next week it seems they have the upper hand more or less.
Also Bighead next week!! nice pad.

Dares

Saw a theory that in the Haversack thing that was mentioned the first part was to leak a fake plan.

I think them "getting caught" was intentional.

Robot Pants

I still like this show.... but the constant roadblocks are starting to get tired.
This is the first episode where I felt it.

AndrewPL

This show is the best! I had myself so pumped for the skunkworks only to have it torn away, nice gotcha moment!

No other show is so masterful in toying with the audience and crafting characters and story!

AndrewPL

I don't care about the roadblocks so much. It just offers more time for great jokes.

If they were allowed to always win you'd hate them all, its because they are downtrodden that you get upset when they lose and wish that they'd win, dragging you on that journey .

Saw a theory that in the Haversack thing that was mentioned the first part was to leak a fake plan.

A fake plan that they completely planned out, which included discussion about how they'd have to continue to act disgruntled every day?

AndrewPL

Question: is Action Jack a scheming bad guy? He seems too smooth.

Seems like most managers I've worked with, will tell you want you want to hear then shit on you when your back is turned. only really caring about himself....Maybe that's just personal.

YoungFa

A fake plan that they completely planned out, which included discussion about how they'd have to continue to act disgruntled every day?
We dont know wich plan got discovered by barker. It could have been some other made up secret project, which is, as others commented is part of the ruse.

So they planned Richard getting tripped by the hose, expecting the sales guy standing there where the folder would fall, him looking through the papers, and then expect him to rat them out? That doesn't sound like something you can plan out. But that is the title of the episode and the strategy was mentioned during the meeting.

Jared's line was perfect. The way he worded it and how filthy joke was. Then Richard's reaction.

Calvero

Banned
So they planned Richard getting tripped by the hose, expecting the sales guy standing there where the folder would fall, him looking through the papers, and then expect him to rat them out? That doesn't sound like something you can plan out. But that is the title of the episode and the strategy was mentioned during the meeting.

Jared's line was perfect. The way he worded it and how filthy joke was. Then Richard's reaction.

To be fair, the plan would never be that intricate. It's never "the guy has to be standing right there while the janitor is over here and trips me." No, it's just 'leak the plan.' Doesn't matter how.

And that last Jared joke. holy shit. Richard's reaction was accurate. Exactly what I said when I heard it.

reKon

Banned
this episode was fucking amazing. The ending had me in tears and I spit my drink at Jared's joke. I love this show

getting caught as part of the plan doesn't make sense... why would Danesh whisper to him why he brought those files into work, if he knew it was part of the sabotaging plan

Corpekata

Banned
Holy shit at Jared's last joke. Nearly choked laughing at that.

A bit sad they wrapped up Carla that way. Is the actress busy or something, or do they just not have a bead on how to write for the character? I guess she is sort of GilFoyle-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom