• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit at Jared's last joke. Nearly choked laughing at that.

A bit sad they wrapped up Carla that way. Is the actress busy or something, or do they just not have a bead on how to write for the character? I guess she is sort of GilFoyle-ish.
Yeah she's pretty much the female version of Gilfoyle.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
getting caught as part of the plan doesn't make sense... why would Danesh whisper to him why he brought those files into work, if he knew it was part of the sabotaging plan

Yeah I don't buy that theory one bit.

Richard done fucked up. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Ashhong

getting caught as part of the plan doesn't make sense... why would Danesh whisper to him why he brought those files into work, if he knew it was part of the sabotaging plan

I'm not saying it was part of the plan but that could easily all be planned. Need to make it look believable after afterall. Could go either way imo

man they always play some dope rap music in this show. most of the good jokes in this episode were at dinesh's expense, jared especially was killing it. cypress halal lmao.

richard is a freaking idiot as usual.

Cohsae

That episode was amazing. This show is on fire, and the music is wicked as always. Poison, ratatat in the montage, too good.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I still like this show.... but the constant roadblocks are starting to get tired.
This is the first episode where I felt it.

I continue to think this sentiment is incredibly weird, and a fundamental misunderstanding of the show's premise. If you think they're supposed to be getting somewhere safe and successful, turn that expectation off right now. That's like waiting for the coyote to catch the roadrunner.

If the crew succeeds, the show's appeal is over.

The drama of the show rests upon the crew struggling in conflict. The comedy of the show is how the absurdity of the tech industry constantly frustrates any attempt at satisfaction.

You don't want the crew to succeed unless it is the last episode. I could maybe see some future seasons where the crew has achieved something, but even then, they will be frustrated by new kinds of failure. That's how this works.

Dereck

xJ5VD9L.gif

Misha

Banned
To be fair, the plan would never be that intricate. It's never "the guy has to be standing right there while the janitor is over here and trips me." No, it's just 'leak the plan.' Doesn't matter how.

And that last Jared joke. holy shit. Richard's reaction was accurate. Exactly what I said when I heard it.

are you sure about that? they made a point to show Ehrlich saying hi to "hiroki-san"

either way between the Ocean's and Meinertzhagen references, I would be surprised if the general theory wasn't true. unless those references are the actual haversack (that would be sorta dumb tho)

turtle553

are you sure about that? they made a point to show Ehrlich saying hi to "hiroki-san"

either way between the Ocean's and Meinertzhagen references, I would be surprised if the general theory wasn't true. unless those references are the actual haversack (that would be sorta dumb tho)

I rewatched and I didn't catch any references to them needing to be caught. Where were they?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If it weren't for that shitty ending this would have been one of my favorite episodes. They really can't catch a break.

Violater

Binged watched the series this weekend, Richard is beyond hope from beginning to end. Its so hard to be in his corner at this point.

Misha

Banned
I rewatched and I didn't catch any references to them needing to be caught. Where were they?

That's how Meinertzhagen's Haversack Ruse worked.
The British were fighting the Ottomans in Palestine. He filled a backpack(haversack) full of things you'd normally expect a wealthy military person to have and a bunch of fake plans claiming that the British would go after Gaza and pretended to lose it so when being chased so the Ottomans would get it. After a few maneuvers to pretend to follow those plans, the British pivoted and took Beersheba without much resistance and the position allowed them to fully take Gaza

And for Ocean's movies, they usually hid information from the audience until the big reveal. I think 12 specifically involved them being "caught" by the bad guys only to reveal that the plan that the bad guys figured out was a trick to allow them to carry out their actual plan

It would be very surprising if they just discussed those things only to happen to accidentally give their plans to the rivals. I guess if they properly address the irony of the situation then maybe. Either way I can't imagine it not being intentional

turtle553

The British were fighting the Ottomans in Palestine. He filled a backpack(haversack) full of things you'd normally expect a wealthy military person to have and a bunch of fake plans claiming that the British would go after Gaza and pretended to lose it so when being chased so the Ottomans would get it. After a few maneuvers to pretend to follow those plans, the British pivoted and took Beersheba without much resistance and the position allowed them to fully take Gaza

And for Ocean's movies, they usually hid information from the audience until the big reveal. I think 12 specifically involved them being "caught" by the bad guys only to reveal that the plan that the bad guys figured out was a trick to allow them to carry out their actual plan

It would be very surprising if they just discussed those things only to happen to accidentally give their plans to the rivals. I guess if they properly address the irony of the situation then maybe. Either way I can't imagine it not being intentional

OK. I thought there was a line item on the board or something that was in the background.

Misha

Banned
OK. I thought there was a line item on the board or something that was in the background.

well there could be but i don't usually read background stuff but reddit would probably have found it like they happened to notice that
definitely all speculation and it definitely could be setting ourselves up for disappointment but it definitely seems to be pointing in that direction. which considering it was part of the montage, makes me wonder if there was more to the carla scene...

Not

Banned
I can't believe they set all that up just to throw it away in the end for a joke

I can't tell if I'm irritated or impressed

Kaiken

Banned
well there could be but i don't usually read background stuff but reddit would probably have found it like they happened to notice that
definitely all speculation and it definitely could be setting ourselves up for disappointment but it definitely seems to be pointing in that direction. which considering it was part of the montage, makes me wonder if there was more to the carla scene...
I want to believe.

ampere

I love that all Erlich did during the entire fast forward montage was sit in one place and smoke pot.

Reminds me of one time in college...

Not proud of that moment. Pretty much any time I can relate to Erlich it's not going to be a proud moment lol

now I think this is a set up and that this was planned.

They did multiple takes when he fell, zero reason to put knee pads on during the initial walking and set up shot when they did quick cuts on the fall itself.

#teamPartOfPlan

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

I am believing this. Will be awesome if it turns out to be real.

iammeiam

The Hooli guys over at Endframe ruins my Hooli+Bighead+Richard theories for the season.

But if getting found out was intentional (which has some evidence in its favor, and would maybe explain why SV only had three episodes to critics before the season started when Veep had four), it still sets up a lot of avenues for triumph followed by gutpunch--If they do pull this off and are as successful as they could be, Jack will be the biggest beneficiary of their success. He'll pad his accomplishments, take the credit, and orchestrate some kind of merger or buyout for maximum profit.

icespide

Banned
watching a show where monitors in the background consistently look like mine at work is surreal.....atom, slack, iTerm with oh my zsh...the attention to detail is appareciated

I just wish I had 6 monitors

SuperPac

But they did pay her off, right?

If that reddit theory is correct then holy crap. :) Would be so good.

jett

D-Member

Or it's just the actor wearing the kneepads for his own protection.

lunchtoast

watching a show where monitors in the background consistently look like mine at work is surreal.....atom, slack, iTerm with oh my zsh...the attention to detail is appareciated

I just wish I had 6 monitors

Then you could never see what's going on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Man i hope this is true and its all part of their plan.

Ledbetter

This episode wasn't as funny, but it was really good for the storyline and of course, Jared's joke.

And put me on the part of the plan team or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom