• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Let this be a lesson to some of you, never work in a NOC too long. That shit makes you go insane.

Glad Silicon Valley is back. What a show.

Effnine

Taken via Redditt, but apparently Richard had kneepads on. Whether that was part of production or part of the plan, I don't know, but I'm kinda leanin toward it being part of the plan ...

Edit: Images huge, sorry: https://imgur.com/a/2xPuk

xenist

Taken via Redditt, but apparently Richard had kneepads on. Whether that was part of production or part of the plan, I don't know, but I'm kinda leanin toward it being part of the plan ...

Edit: Images huge, sorry: https://imgur.com/a/2xPuk

That was part of the production. No way these guys would been that elaborate with a plan that didn't involve massive amounts of handjobs.

Kelsdesu

Homeboy in the beginning looked exactly like my Operating Systems professor 😂! Down to the ponytail and outfit. Is there like a gray beard standard uniform?

Santiako

I thought the references to Ocean's Eleven and Meinertzhagen's Haversack Ruse made it clear that getting caught was part of the plan, but with this show you never know.

Vico

Yeah, I hope it's part of the plan, because this is a cool setup for the next couple of episodes. I was smiling non-stop during the preparation. Show's just something else, I'm so glad it exists.

Just noticed something while rewatching; look at the greybeard's badge...

S9qwxfn.png

Poor guy's been down there for years. And he looked so optimistic about the future.

Effnine

How realistic was that server farm? Are they really that massive and are people really stuck down there for hours like that?

Trouble

Banned
This is ONE OF Google's server farms.

2b63a-article-0-158cae40000005dc-837_964x641.jpg

That's one room. Most data centers that companies like Google run will contain more than one room of that size (up to 8-10 at the really big ones).

I've worked at a datacenter that had, I shit you not, a single straight hallway connecting all the rooms that was just shy of 1/4 mile long.

How realistic was that server farm? Are they really that massive and are people really stuck down there for hours like that?
I've been to my company's data centre and it was slightly smaller but pretty much the same. Really depressing environment in some of the rooms!

Megasoum

Banned
That's one room. Most data centers that companies like Google run will contain more than one room of that size (up to 8-10 at the really big ones).

I've worked at a datacenter that had, I shit you not, a single straight hallway connecting all the rooms that was just shy of 1/4 mile long.

Yeah, this is the exterior view of the same building

paysage_1.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
That server farm was some Raiders of the Lost Ark shit. I was sure it was CG.

Appleman

Surprised that Richard hasen't pushed to try and recruit Big Head as the Pied Piper CEO, he has the credentials and would let the gang do whatever they'd like.

I think the look was accurate but it was definitely CG

Effnine

I figured the final far-away shot was, but knowing this show, I also figured it wasn't that far off from the truth ... at least conveying the feeling of being in one.

Saprol

damn, jared had too many great moments this episode. pouring the shot back into the bottle, django, the end of the episode.

the lighting / perspective was bugging me before the pan out. near the beginning of the tour when they were being shown where the server boxes would go

ampere

I don't think there's a plan. Pretty sure it was supposed to just be an episode of planning that falls to shit in 5 seconds just for a joke.

the best part about Jared's joke is that he doesn't use any foul or really vulgar language. Makes it seem even more disturbing.

This guy fucks!

Saprol

I don't think there's a plan. Pretty sure it was supposed to just be an episode of planning that falls to shit in 5 seconds just for a joke.

maybe the haversack title is a haversack ruse for the viewers

thats kind of underwhelming though if it were

iammeiam

I just rewatched it from #partoftheplan POV, and it holds up from what I can tell. Nothing definitive, but the conversation at the very end re:bringing the documents into the office seems less stilted if you assume it was for the benefit of the two sales guys who would have been standing right next to them off-camera. They over-explain everything so that there's no ambiguity for bystanders about what just happened.

The whole "we need engineers" part also makes more sense if something happened off camera--either Carla agreeing for even more money, or them grabbing another person with the remains of their cash and not being able to hire the multiple engineers they wanted--since from what we see they never actually solved that part of the skunkworks problem.

I'm going to be bummed if there was no larger plan now. It's so perfect!

Alpende

Loved the episode. Everybody shitting on Dinesh and his golden chain was great, Jared was on point this episode. I hope the falling down was part of the plan. Richard could have kept the documents in his bag but chose not too, has to be part of some sort of plan.

The thing that didn't seem realistic was that a server farm that was to provide them with a place to do extremely secure storage would let them wander around unsupervised. Though, I could let that just be up to general apathy which seemed to be the point.

Never laughed this hard at a TV show before.
God damn, Jared is such a good character.

I actually thought the Oceans 11 scene was even funnier than that joke. The explanation, Dinesh's response and finally Jared's concerned look and nervous head nod. I rewound that like 15 times hysterically laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom