• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

RoKKeR

Unless someone has some proof, I'm going to say it's complete bullshit that radiation dissipates over time. Zona was nice enough to provide me with power, and I've been going without a power plant for over an hour at high speed, and it hasn't dropped the radiation levels at all. Such fucking bullshit because now my city is basically worthless.
Did you plop a Nuclear plant right in the middle? Mine is on the edge and it's been fairing pretty well ok terms of radiation levels.

I'm fairly sure you can't but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Smiley said to abandon the city then go back to it, but that only let me reclaim the same disaster I had left there.

I was playing Monday night and abandoning a city does reset it. It is not working now because of the servers.

You can either abandon the region and start a new one or let the city go bankrupt and choose the start new city option (which did nothing for me last night, but I assume that's because of the servers).

Remember you can have up to 10 regions you participate in at a time. (I assume that's 10 per server)

Heysoos

Two of my friends bought Sim City, and neither of their games are showing up on their My Games tab on Origin. :| What is going on with EA/this game?

Two of my friends bought Sim City, and neither of their games are showing up on their My Games tab on Origin. :| What is going on with EA/this game?

server congestion. i'm sure it won't do much when EU tries to get on origin to redeem unless they are different servers for that.

Thank goodness I'm separated from you guys by a mountain :D

misery-thefaceofhorror.jpg

Oppo

Wow, the SimCity web page just crashed Chrome.

Yeah. I'd say they have some issues.

(also: using Drupal, EA? odd choice)

Did you plop a Nuclear plant right in the middle? Mine is on the edge and it's been fairing pretty well ok terms of radiation levels.

I mentioned a few pages back about how I had a meltdown. So it effectively fucked about 40% of my land. Somehow out of the middle of nowhere my skilled workers level started plummeting, and I couldn't do anything to combat it quick enough, and a meltdown occured.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Remember you can have up to 10 regions you participate in at a time. (I assume that's 10 per server)

Something just occurred to me: does that include private regions? For example, say I bought the game, and I started one private region for all of the regions included in the game to play solo by myself. That is eight regions, correct? Does that mean that I only have two slots available to play multiplayer games?

And when Maxis patches in new regions, or I buy new DLC regions, will I have to delete / abandon one of my "single player" regions in order to do so?

That never occurred to me until now. I have something like two dozen or more SC4 regions, lol.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Something just occurred to me: does that include private regions? For example, say I bought the game, and I started one private region for all of the regions included in the game to play solo by myself. That is eight regions, correct? Does that mean that I only have two slots available to play multiplayer games?

And when Maxis patches in new regions, or I buy new DLC regions, will I have to delete / abandon one of my "single player" regions in order to do so?

That never occurred to me until now. I have something like two dozen or more SC4 regions, lol.

Yes but.... Why would you play about 60 cities by yourself at the same time? :lol

But if it is server specific, like everything seems to be. You could have 10 on one server and use another server for another 10.

MajorPain

I am thinking about buying this game but can't get past the always connected DRM. I already went through this with Diablo 3 but I may buy it later once the price drops.

KaYotiX

Banned
I am thinking about buying this game but can't get past the always connected DRM. I already went through this with Diablo 3 but I may buy it later once the price drops.

Wont drop for awhile knowing EA. The game is amazing when the servers aren't messed up, I really hope they fix it soon.

I mentioned a few pages back about how I had a meltdown. So it effectively fucked about 40% of my land. Somehow out of the middle of nowhere my skilled workers level started plummeting, and I couldn't do anything to combat it quick enough, and a meltdown occured.

The same thing happened to me with my meltdown. Most of the city is uninhabitable.

Veritas_

Random disasters suck. I had a mid-sized city of about 50,000, budget was tight but profitable with all three bonds taken out. Then the game decides to epicenter an earthquake under my only fire station. I could literally do nothing but watch as fire burned down half the city. My neighbors didn't bother to volunteer their fire services either.

That said, watching all the ambulances and firetrucks kick into action when something does go down is pretty awesome.

Random disasters suck. I had a mid-sized city of about 50,000, budget was tight but profitable with all three bonds taken out. Then the game decides to epicenter an earthquake under my only fire station. I could literally do nothing but watch as fire burned down half the city. My neighbors didn't bother to volunteer their fire services either.

That said, watching all the ambulances and firetrucks kick into action when something does go down is pretty awesome.

Maybe your neighbors don't know how to do that? I still cant figure out how to set how many firetrucks can go to other cities. You can sell back power,water and sewage automatically but things like fire and police have to have amount of trucks volunteered but I can't figure out how to do that .

Maybe your neighbors don't know how to do that? I still cant figure out how to set how many firetrucks can go to other cities. You can sell back power,water and sewage automatically but things like fire and police have to have amount of trucks volunteered but I can't figure out how to do that .

Go to region view. Click on a service that you have, now click on another city, set how many vehicles you want to volunteer.

NJBorn

Banned
A bunch of us have not received invite to TITAN GORGE01 for us all to connect. Who is the leader to send out the invites? is it burgess? if so, where is he?

StUnNeR H2K

I bailing out on Viridian Woods #2 that is on East Coast 1 server. I can't get anything to work on that server...

If everyone wants I'm starting a new one on the West Coast 2 server.

Also... WTF at achievements being server specific... They seriously have some issue, or my achievements from the East Coast 1 server just aren't being acknowledged since I think that server has been pushed off a cliff.

pahamrick

I love the game, I do. I've probably built five cities across the different servers. However, the constant server issues is really killing my enjoyment. I've yet to be able to do any kind of multiplayer with it. One because my brother's copy didn't even unlock until after 4pm yesterday. Then, even when we could get on the same server no invites could be sent because it wouldn't show anyone as online. Might have to step away for awhile until the server mess gets straightened out, because when I actually get to play it's a joy.

And as far as the Nuclear Meltdowns, that is quite annoying and seemingly random. I had a built up university in my city, the education level and tech level meters were maxed out but then suddenly I got a meltdown due to unskilled works when it had been fine up until that point.

RoKKeR

I bailing out on Viridian Woods #2 that is on East Coast 1 server. I can't get anything to work on that server...

Also... WTF at achievements being server specific... They seriously have some issue, or my achievements from the East Coast 1 server just aren't being acknowledged since I think that server has been pushed off a cliff.
I'm up for that. Oceanic is down right now and I want to get into a Region with some fellow GAFers.

Except I was watching my brother play and he had firefighters from my city help him out even though I hadn't volunteered them.

The way I said is how it is supposed to work but with the server doing all kinds of weird shit, who knows.

I had vehicles that would show up from another city sometimes and then I had a major fire started by a big lizard, no one showed up to help.

pahamrick

Except I was watching my brother play and he had firefighters from my city help him out even though I hadn't volunteered them.

I've noticed that even if you don't volunteer units, I think if you have active spares they will help out connected cities. When I started my second city in a region, I was getting notifications about how garbage trucks were volunteering to pick up trash, ect, when I never assigned them.

Smiley90

I've had the same thing happen. What I think it is:

Normally, your utilities will help out your neighbours even if you don't volunteer them, but only if there is nothing happening in your city.

If you volunteer them, they are dedicated to the other city, and will only help you out if there is nothing happenin in the OTHER city. E.g. Volunteering sets the priority for which city they mainly help out, but they'll still help other cities if there's nothing going on.

All the above is just my speculation from personal experience.

Branson

So how do I get past the tutorial? Once I hit get started or whatever it just dumps me into a pre built city and doesnt do anything

I've had the same thing happen. What I think it is:

Normally, your utilities will help out your neighbours even if you don't volunteer them, but only if there is nothing happening in your city.

If you volunteer them, they are dedicated to the other city, and will only help you out if there is nothing happenin in the OTHER city. E.g. Volunteering sets the priority for which city they mainly help out, but they'll still help other cities if there's nothing going on.

All the above is just my speculation from personal experience.

It just sucks that all we can do is speculate since there's no telling what is being caused by the server/sync issues and what isn't.

evilhomer

Just got kicked from servers. Oh btw whoever has Seatton in discovery delta 2 all your murderers keep coming over lol. BTW, is here a way to just start your city over?

Haha sorry about that :p

Unfortunately I'm going to be gone for a few days so won't really be able to fix anything until I get back.

My low-wealth, not well educated mining town kinda hit a population boom and I guess they decided to party at your place :D

Smiley90

It just sucks that all we can do is speculate since there's no telling what is being caused by the server/sync issues and what isn't.

True, I think the worst is when it comes to necessary utilities like water and power. Fear was buying water from me but he could never buy as much as I was offering (probably because of the server) and the number would sometimes just randomly drop, leaving him without water.

Same for students, I had more than enough classrooms, but his people wouldn't come to my city to study. :/

RedWaltz79

Neo Member

I still would like to play. I will message you tonight when I get on West 2. If the servers let me.

StUnNeR H2K

Here is the original Viridian Woods #2 GAF/Origin list.

I'm restarting the region on the North America West 2. The original North America East 1 server is all messed up, since you can't join regions, cities won't load, etc.

If you are not planning to switch over or have decided not to play please let me know. I have others interested in starting in a new GAF region on North America West 2.

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) steviep_to
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) Moki-asa
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Reluctant-Hero
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) DeadPixelOrigin
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) JordanKZ (Origin) J0rdan_KZ
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) Norantus
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) SpazoQC
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) sdornan (Origin) sdornan
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) Tabzor

Sinistral

Anyone know how to "coerce" the development of Commuters? I'm trying to set up a Residential Town, and I want them to commute to Industrial town for work. I've set up bus terminals in both towns but my people tab show no one is commuting in or out. Thanks!

Top Bottom