• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

froliq

I bailing out on Viridian Woods #2 that is on East Coast 1 server. I can't get anything to work on that server...

If everyone wants I'm starting a new one on the West Coast 2 server.

Also... WTF at achievements being server specific... They seriously have some issue, or my achievements from the East Coast 1 server just aren't being acknowledged since I think that server has been pushed off a cliff.

I'm still in aswell. Fresh start will do us good, hopefully that server holds up.

Pyrogeek

I still would like to play. I will message you tonight when I get on West 2. If the servers let me.

I would as well.

I didn't intentionally abandon my city in Vir Woods #2 but must've misclicked when trying to abandon 5 copies of a private region I had attempted (and failed) to claim a city on.

I'd love to join if the server issues are resolved tonight.

Anyone know how to "coerce" the development of Commuters? I'm trying to set up a Residential Town, and I want them to commute to Industrial town for work. I've set up bus terminals in both towns but my people tab show no one is commuting in or out. Thanks!

It should happen on its own. Server stability should go a long way towards fixing these kinds of issues.

Note that I said should. lol

If only we could declare war on other cities :p

Or enact town plan B from the Simpsons when things get dirty, move the entire town down the road!

They are rolling out server updates throughout the day. Hopefullg it fixes things.

https://help.ea.com/article/why-cant-i-connect-to-simcity

Update - Wednesday 03.06.2013 (07:00 EST/06:00 CST/04:00 PST)

Over the next few hours, we'll be deploying a server update which should help to improve game performance and resolve the following issues:
Trading not working consistently
Unable to load/claim city errors
Getting stuck in a loop in the tutorial
While this update is being applied, you may experience intermittent performance issues, which we apologize for. We'll provide more information on the update process as it becomes available. We also recommend keeping an eye on this Answer HQ thread for further developments.

Mobius 1

Here is the original Viridian Woods #2 GAF/Origin list.

I'm restarting the region on the North America West 2. The original North America East 1 server is all messed up, since you can't join regions, cities won't load, etc.

If you are not planning to switch over or have decided not to play please let me know. I have others interested in starting in a new GAF region on North America West 2.

Send out the invites... Im in.

StUnNeR H2K

I'm still in aswell. Fresh start will do us good, hopefully that server holds up.
I would as well.

I didn't intentionally abandon my city in Vir Woods #2 but must've misclicked when trying to abandon 5 copies of a private region I had attempted (and failed) to claim a city on.

I'd love to join if the server issues are resolved tonight.

Awesome. I should be on most of the rest of the day and this week. Just message me in-game when you need a Region invite.

I wished I didn't have to do the tutorial when I changed servers

Me and my wife started a2 city region, which she ruined her city pretty quickly with poor planning. Gonna start a new one with probably 4 spots where we each will take 2

a lot of fun though

I wished I didn't have to do the tutorial when I changed servers

Me and my wife started a2 city region, which she ruined her city pretty quickly with poor planning. Gonna start a new one with probably 4 spots where we each will take 2

a lot of fun though

You don't have to do the tutorial. Just press escape, and quit to menu, then you can start a city.

Rad-

Is it just me or is making money a bit too easy? I didn't even try to make money, just played and suddenly realized I had almost a billion bucks. Went to a spending spree, bought maximum amount of culture attractions even though I didn't plan to focus on culture. Bought other shit too like an airport just because.

Here is the original Viridian Woods #2 GAF/Origin list.

I'm restarting the region on the North America West 2. The original North America East 1 server is all messed up, since you can't join regions, cities won't load, etc.

If you are not planning to switch over or have decided not to play please let me know. I have others interested in starting in a new GAF region on North America West 2.

I'm still in for in for Viridian Woods #2, just waiting for Friday when the game launches in Europe and is hopefully a bit more stable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is it just me or is making money a bit too easy? I didn't even try to make money, just played and suddenly realized I had almost a billion bucks. Went to a spending spree, bought maximum amount of culture attractions even though I didn't plan to focus on culture. Bought other shit too like an airport just because.

At what population?

Once I started to try to get more population and build things like universities and upgrade hospitals that's when my money started going down the drain. MY smaller city is using 15k an hour expenses .

somewhere someone in your town is causing trouble and will bring your city to ruins.

SaberVulcan

What.

I feel that getting money is actually slow. My citizens are constantly sad cause my taxes are apparently too high cause I need more money all the time ><

Smiley90

Not that much, I think around 30k I think?

That's why :p I've experienced that you start running into problems (of all kinds) once you hit 70k+, with utilities starting to max out, as well as space and then money. There you'll see if you planned well :p

RoKKeR

...no? Jesus, how?

Edit: Got it, low population counts. Yeah, my city of about 150k just has a lot of shit to pay for, so making money begins to depend heavily on your specialization.

Rad-

That's why :p I've experienced that you start running into problems (of all kinds) once you hit 70k+, with utilities starting to max out, as well as space and then money. There you'll see if you planned well :p

So then I better just stop developing the city and swim in cash. :p But yeah I bought so much stuff that doesn't fit my city style that I probably fucked it up in the long run.

Yea, once you get other cities in the region visiting you plus your population increases, that's when you start having issues if you haven't planned well.

......or a disaster strikes.

Once my main avenue backed up plus the highway leading in to it and my buildings caught on fire, I knew I was fucked.

Smiley90

So then I better just stop developing the city and swim in cash. :p But yeah I bought so much stuff that doesn't fit my city style that I probably fucked it up in the long run.

Yeah, I usually rush my city too early (go for high population, high wealth), which screws it up :p it's probably a smart idea to wait with expanding to a medium/high pop city until
Everything is set with low pop and you save up some money and plan it all out better

gamma

So they said the want to deploy the server fixes in time for the EU launch in a a few hours. I'll start playing again then, hopefully NA Gaf is back home then so we can fill up VW1.

Smiley90

So they said the want to deploy the server fixed in time for the EU launch in a a few hours. I'll start playing again then, hopefully NA Gaf is back home then so we can fill up VW1.

I'll resend all my invites again tonight, just in case. Stasis, Murphy, saunderez you three (and DTKT, whose spot we can probably give up for grabs) are the only ones I haven't seen yet. (On NA east 1, at least, since you need to have been there at least once for me to invite you, i think)

A bunch of us have not received invite to TITAN GORGE01 for us all to connect. Who is the leader to send out the invites? is it burgess? if so, where is he?

The leader is listed on the website, and yes, it is Burgess. The origin ID is also on the website, you can communicate better through there.

gamma

I'll resend all my invites again tonight, just in case. Stasis, Murphy, saunderez you three (and DTKT, whose spot we can probably give up for grabs) are the only ones I haven't seen yet. (On NA east 1, at least, since you need to have been there at least once for me to invite you, i think)

Great. Fix deployment should start now.

UPDATE: 1130am: We are still working on Oceanic 1 server and are about to apply the same server patch to NA East 1 and NA East 2. This will be starting around 11.40am PST. At this time all players will not be able to access this server. We thank you for your patience while we do this update. We will let you know when NA East 1 and NA East 2 are back up. In the meantime you can chose any other available server to play on.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9337881.page

I kept building and building, the most cash on hand I've had is maybe 100,000 simoleans, population is over 110k now and my hourly cashflow is drying up

I have the worst luck, I build the Empire State building and instantly an earthquake arrives and tears it down. 575,000 simoleons down the drain.

Also if you really have that much then start an arcology. Its 1,000,000 to start.

Top Bottom