• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

BearPawB

Banned
I want an expansion that adds:
02j8c8gi4eqr1j36lpvw4kr.gif

Spl1nter

This can lead to some issues. There is also an issue with some modular buildings like garbage dumps. In this last beta I was only ever able to expand a dump with a second dump site to the left of the existing one, forcing me to make multiple dump sites rather than simply expand the one I had. I'm sure there's a way to fix that, but I did not see it in the beta.

When modifying one of the options is a dirt road, you need to extend the current road to add on more dump locations that way. Its the same for wind power.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When modifying one of the options is a dirt road, you need to extend the current road to add on that way. Its the same for wind power.

Same kind of expansion also applies to wind farms. You need to build some dirt roads from within the expansion menu first, yep.

BearPawB

Banned
Those are already in, in a manner of speaking. A arcology can be built at a great works site in a region. It provides the region with a influx of workers, shoppers, and tourists.

Whattttt I didn't realize that was one of them.
Does it look nearly as cool as any of those?

Smiley90

For curiosity, here are all the Great Works in the game atm:

Arcology:
(produces Workers, Shoppers and Students)

468px-Arcology.png

International Airport:
(produces Tourists, also allows you to sell freight to the Global Market)

468px-International_Airport.png

Solar Farm:
(produces Cheap, Green Power)

Solar_Farm.png

Space Center:
(produces Tourists and Education)

Space_Center1.png

I really hope they tell us the Mac release date shortly after the PC release. I need this... and bootcamp for games never works as good you'd hope.

Was planning on getting this but I'm not entirely sure given the surprise release of the Arma 3 Alpha. What's the best deal on this at the moment, credit aside?

Was planning on getting this but I'm not entirely sure given the surprise release of the Arma 3 Alpha. What's the best deal on this at the moment, credit aside?

$44.99 digital download pre-order on Amazon when you use the promo code CAGROCKS. I believe today is that last day that the code is valid.

munroe

Holy shit that looks like an absolute traffic nightmare :lol

How has he got it on multiple levels, I just assumed that each city would be on flat ground, but it looks like there's multiple elevations for that city. Does each region have different ground elevations?

Smiley90

How has he got it on multiple levels, I just assumed that each city would be on flat ground, but it looks like there's multiple elevations for that city. Does each region have different ground elevations?

Each region will have different cities, some with elevation, some are flat. The city in the video is Norwich Hills, which has a lower level and then an elevated plateau.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
For curiosity, here are all the Great Works in the game atm:

Arcology:
(produces Workers, Shoppers and Students)

468px-Arcology.png

International Airport:
(produces Tourists, also allows you to sell freight to the Global Market)

468px-International_Airport.png

Solar Farm:
(produces Cheap, Green Power)

Solar_Farm.png

Space Center:
(produces Tourists and Education)

Space_Center1.png

those look so much cooler in full res. I really like the Arcology building myself and the Solar Farm.

Ok I'm almost finished, Titan Gorge only needs the area map fixed and correct names so don't register on that region yet.

http://metalmurphy.org/SimCity/register.php

First 2 regions are done, but I'll leave it to the OP when to actually start accepting registrations. Everyone should register in more then one city just in case someone registered in yours first, the page update will be manual cause I didn't manage to get mysql to work.

Once a region is full, I'll move it elsewhere and open another one.

P.S.- I know the tooltip gets in the way somtimes, it would be a pain to fix, deal with it! -.-

Smiley90

Ok I'm almost finished, Titan Gorge only needs the area map fixed and correct names so don't register on that region yet.

First 2 regions are done, but I'll leave it to the OP when to actually start accepting registrations. Everyone should register in more then one city just in case someone registered in yours first, the page update will be manual cause I didn't manage to get mysql to work.

P.S.- I know the tooltip gets in the way somtimes, it would be a pain to fix, deal with it! -.-

Amazing work! I say we wait with registration start until you get all the regions fixed first ;)

AMAZING.

Guys, can I please have Huckleberry Island?
It's named after my favorite book of all time.

is the game persistent? cause i'm not addicted like some or just don't have the time to play, just like to play when i can but don't want the game to really go without me lol.

AMAZING.

Guys, can I please have Huckleberry Island?
It's named after my favorite book of all time.

Did you actually register on that one? I have you registered on Sawyers Crossing? First bug already? -.-

is the game persistent? cause i'm not addicted like some or just don't have the time to play, just like to play when i can but don't want the game to really go without me lol.

It is, but I don't think any changes actually happen to your city while your away, I might be wrong on this one.

Did you actually register on that one? I have you registered on Sawyers Crossing? First bug already? -.-

Yeah I registered on both XD You said to do a second one just in case so I did Huckleberry Island and then Sawyer's Crossing as a backup. I'd prefer Huckleberry though.

So awesome. Thanks for doing this. I would have loved to have made something like this for the OT but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

As Smiley said, I say we wait for a while until we start registering. Once it's all sorted and sexy, I'll put it in the OT :)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
$44.99 digital download pre-order on Amazon when you use the promo code CAGROCKS. I believe today is that last day that the code is valid.
I want to do this but I have no idea if I will be able to get the mac version. It's annoying that EA is sending mixed messages. I wont be able to get the discount because of that.

Haha, it looks so cool with the avatars.

Yeah I registered on both XD You said to do a second one just in case so I did Huckleberry Island and then Sawyer's Crossing as a backup. I'd prefer Huckleberry though.

Hum, weird, only got the first one.

*goes check whats wrong*

Definity

The simulation only runs in your city while you're playing the game. When you leave the game- simulation stops. Any services you setup or volunteered for other cities in the region still work while you're AFK.

Haha, it looks so cool with the avatars.

Hum, weird, only got the first one.

*goes check whats wrong*

Thanks :) It actually looks like it only took the second one. I did Huckleberry Island first.

Anyway, switch me to Huckleberry Island if you get a chance. That was the one I wanted MOST OF ALL OMG.
Also the avatar on there looks awesome!

Smiley90

while you're not logged in, the game will "go" as far as regional stuff goes (e.g. your utilities will be kept shared), but your city won't actually progress. ;)

Smiley90

I'll actually remove it as per OP orders and go finish region 3 instead.

So wait, should we start signing up now? Or wait? And yeah, I think once we've signed up and assigned, the 4 people in the mini-region should determine an overseer, and the 16 people in a region can pick a "governor"

So wait, should we start signing up now? Or wait? And yeah, I think once we've signed up and assigned, the 4 people in the mini-region should determine an overseer, and the 16 people in a region can pick a "governor"

Wait, what do u mean. I need to do the smaller regions too? :p

I thought we were only gonna do 16 city GAF regions (which are just 3)

Smiley90

Sweet. My region-securing finger is ready.

I just want to be in Viridian Woods. It's too awesome to miss out on. So everyone can secure 2 spots? How do we declare which one's our first choice and which one's our second, will that just be randomly assigned? :p

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Do you have a Bootcamp partition to play on in the mean time?
I can make one. I'm just saying at the end of the day I want to play natively. It would really suck if I have to purchase a whole different copy of the game to play in OSX. I could risk it and then sell my code on gaf or something I guess.

Top Bottom