• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

SRTtoZ

PelegrinuX and Woodenlung have invites for Discovery Delta 3 on NA EAST Coast 1.

Soon I'm going to be opening up the other spots from people who never claimed and I never heard from since launch. Other than that, we have a pretty kickass region (when the server works).

f0rk

Why does my recycling center not work? Everything is there. It says No recyclables. Production Stopped.

I think it takes a while to start up as the trucks have to get out there and pick stuff up.

I am wondering what I should be doing with all this plastic.

f0rk

Export it or use it for making processors.

Can I make the processors somewhere else? The plastic is in my main city with a university and only a little bit of high tech industry, I started a industrial oil city that didn't seem to want to take jobs from the main one and education doesn't look to have come over either. I can't tell if it's the region stuff not working or if it's just bad. My City Hall upgrades don't appear in other cities either.

SRTtoZ

When the game actually works, its easily my favorite SimCity game to date, but like I said, the servers are holding it back. NA EAST 1 is actually working right now so I have nothing bad to say at the moment. Hopefully the servers become super stable and we get our free games and everything turns around.

Can I make the processors somewhere else? The plastic is in my main city with a university and only a little bit of high tech industry, I started a industrial oil city that didn't seem to want to take jobs from the main one and education doesn't look to have come over either. I can't tell if it's the region stuff not working or if it's just bad. My City Hall upgrades don't appear in other cities either.

I think you can just gift the plastic to your other city.

Sinistral

Does land value correspond to the Wealth of the citizens or just the size of the buildings that will build in that area?

Dumb question but... I'm trying to get High Density Low Wealth workers.

I scrap parks to push the land value to white hoping to attract low wealth workers, thinking, if there's enough, they'll fill up the Density and build bigger buildings. But that doesn't seem to happen.

Is it ultimately the best route to get the whole city to High Land Value and let it sort itself out?

Edit: High Density roads are laid down already.

Quoting from 2nd last post on the last page. Don't kill the junior! Experimenting with just going all high land value now and watching the population differences. You definitely get more, but hard to say what wealth workers they are.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The Global Market isn't working properly yet right? You can import and export from your trade depots, but the prices are the same. I've also seen screenshots of SimCity World which shows a graph of resource prices, but afaik that chart isn't accessible.

468px-SimCity_Global_Market.jpg

There you go. If you find a solution, tell me, because I'm losing it too :lol. All my depots are constantly full and I can't export :( SOMEONE in the region GAFtopia PLEASE build a Petrolium HQ... DEAR GOD PLEASE. I'd be eternally thankful. I need those trade port oil exports :'(

I took out a loan, bought what I needed to start using rails for trading. I had to focus on metal from my recycling to get enough daily trade profit so I could upgrade and trade petroleum (another $400,000) on rails. At that point I was able to unclog trading completely and saved my city. I'm good now and I was able to destroy my trading depots and reclaim that land.

I'm getting super high number of visitors compared to my population. My population is 144,000 and I'm getting like 350,000 visitors. I'm not sure what that's all about. I'm definitely not a tourist town.

Wes

venison crêpe
My beautifully planned city was wiped out by Gozilla appearing and burning down my nuclear power plant causing a meltdown and everybody leaving.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Got the traffic issues are such a problem for me.. my city was an export city (I exported metals and alloys) but the traffic killed my deliveries and I ended up having to abandon the city. I was mostly industrial and had TONS of commuters (around 50,000 at any given time, 300,000 + in a month). I had trains, tons of buses, streetcars, and a ferry.

Still, so many cars :(

My recycling center is full up on recyclables, what do I do with them? I'm also trying to reclaim plastic, metal and alloys (partly to make processors) but those aren't going up.

Do you have a trade depot that handles plastic/metal/alloys? You can export the materials from there or I believe you can use them in manufacturing.

SaberVulcan

Hrm. So, I have an Oil city and it seems.. very difficult to sell the 160k worth of Oil in order to upgrade the Petroleum HQ. I really need to start making Fuel so I can make some real money, selling Oil isnt making me nearly enough.... but I cant do that until I sell 160k worth in a day. Ugh.

RoKKeR

Hrm. So, I have an Oil city and it seems.. very difficult to sell the 160k worth of Oil in order to upgrade the Petroleum HQ. I really need to start making Fuel so I can make some real money, selling Oil isnt making me nearly enough.... but I cant do that until I sell 160k worth in a day. Ugh.
Having this problem with my plastic/alloy exports. I peak at about 110k a day and can't get above it.

munroe

Why exports don't count towards your hourly income I do not know. I've got -5k on my city, and I'm raking money in, just because all of it is from exporting.

Set it to local use I would have thought.

It doesn't count towards your hourly income because it is not based per hour. Like others have said and the same thing is happening to me, you only get money for the export when the truck arrives at the trade depot, so if that truck happens to be stuck behind miles of traffic, it will take a while to actually receive that money.

I'm currently making massive changes to my city, so many problems, traffic is the main one. Fire trucks can't get to the fires in time, so they burn down, police can't capture criminals quick enough and same goes with the ambulances.

I had an earthquake smack bang in the middle and none of my emergency services could help due to the traffic!! So currently in the process of replacing most major roads with avenues, granted it means the destruction of any connected building, hopefully it will help in the long run.

Got another city in the region which is starting to provide most of the utility services for my main one and I've also learnt to not stick buildings such as the recycling centre on main road....

sangreal

The biggest problem is you have to do it fast because your oil production drops over time

Jrmint

My sims are complaining about germs like crazy.

I have a garbage dump with the incinerator and 3 garages. What else am I supposed to do about it?

So I have been waiting for the servers and stuff to get fixed. Is the game in a state yet where I could feel good about buying it?? Been playing sim city 4 for a while today to get back in the swing if things!

SRTtoZ

So I have been waiting for the servers and stuff to get fixed. Is the game in a state yet where I could feel good about buying it?? Been playing sim city 4 for a while today to get back in the swing if things!

Most of the newer servers run fine. The problem was mostly with the starting servers that got overwhelmed (all of the #1 servers).

munroe

Been playing for the last 3 hours, not a single server problem (Europe West 3)

SaberVulcan

It seems that there is still some features disabled though, such as Cheetah speed and sharing resources.

Jedi2016

My sims are complaining about germs like crazy.

I have a garbage dump with the incinerator and 3 garages. What else am I supposed to do about it?
I found it was because the industrial was blowing all of it's pollution toward the city. I moved it all downwind and the problem went away.

The traffic changes, on the one city I played tonight, appear to be for the worse. Traffic is a lot more backed up than it was before, although the street layout hasn't changed at all. It used to have a kind of "flow" to it, but now it seems they all bunch up on a couple of central avenues.

They also changed something in graphics.. my GPU is running hotter than it was, and I'm down from 60fps to 50fps. But I can't see any visible difference. Ironically, I'm now getting better performance in Tomb Raider than I am SimCity.

In gameplay terms, I'm having a hard time building up my cities. I see a lot of folks with these metropolitan skylines, and I'm barely able to get a building or two above Medium density. I'm having a hell of a time finding a balance in jobs versus workers.. first they complain about unemployment, so I add more jobs, then they complain about "need workers", and a lot of my low-wealth areas stay at low density, despite me needing that space for apartment buildings. If I bulldoze them, will it automatically bump up to apartments, or is it best to let it happen naturally?

There isn't a subscription purchase option available for sim city right?

To me this would make a lot more sense given how they implemented it.

dejay

Banned
Do we know what's been disabled in regards to sharing? Or are all sharing issues generally a sign of server load?

I've gifted money that disappears and power doesn't seem to be able to be shared for me, but sewage does.

Dekadez

Neo Member
Yea, that kind of sucks. But as long as I can play the game I think it will be worth it. Thanks!

Sure it's disabled? I think I used it when I was playing 2 hours ago. I didn't check if there was a difference with the second speed level though.

Do we know what's been disabled in regards to sharing? Or are all sharing issues generally a sign of server load?

I've gifted money that disappears and power doesn't seem to be able to be shared for me, but sewage does.

I think a lot of the global market features simply aren't working. What I did notice is that sharing fire trucks or garbage trucks does seem to be functioning properly. I've seen neighboring fire trucks putting out fires on several occasions,

sangreal

Server problems. It will sync eventually and the money will show up but it's not good to rely on another city for emergency services

lingiii

Banned
guys I'm so bad at increasing residential density. tipz? I've been staring at "city needs more workers" messages for basically my entire game.

Town hall stuff isn't working regionally, which means in one of my cities/region every city has basically the same city hall. This in turn really hampers any regional play. Won't work on another city in a public game til they fix that.

Tendo

I'm in the mood for some SimCity. I have only ever played 2k. Is this junk working yet? Is the actual game any good?

I feel like I'm better off just buyin 4 off of Steam.

S0N0S

It seems I just lost my 200k+ pop city to "the cloud." First attempt to open/join, I see the city area and name. Second attempt is a blank loadscreen that loads perpetually until I'm forced to alt+f4 to close. I'm sure this will be the first of potentially several occurrences, but that's at least 8hr+ gone.

I was planning on using it as my ore/industrial city, but regional play is so utterly gimped/broken it probably wouldn't have turned out as planned. I guess it's not a total loss?

JWong

Banned
I don't get crime like I don't get air pollution.

I can't seem to stop it.

I'm reaching level 5 education and criminals still pop up.

I've noticed that the pathing for my police is fucked up. They only patrol alone one road with the max number of cars so you're not alone with having issues with policing.

Top Bottom