• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Pandemic

Two questions, how will it work if some people won't be able to play the game a few days after the US release, for example Americans can play it from the 5th, EU (I'm guessing) and Australia can't play it till the 7th/8th. Will that impede on the development of other peoples (Americans) cities since they'll be 2 days into it?

Hopefully that makes sense.

And second of all, with this map,
Discovery_Delta_Region.png

Does the top corner city have any road at all...?

I'm starting to feel the pressure of others relying on me not to fucking up my city.

Hahaha, so true.

Hey I got my copy from Green Man Gaming awhile back, but it's the first time I've ever used that site, where the hell do you find the Origin code for the download?

gamma

Two questions, how will it work if some people won't be able to play the game a few days after the US release, for example Americans can play it from the 5th, EU (I'm guessing) and Australia can't play it till the 7th/8th. Will that impede on the development of other peoples (Americans) cities since they'll be 2 days into it?

Hahaha, so true.

Of course it does. Every city has a highway guys.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well then that explains why I can't find it any where on the website, thanks for replying to me though. Anyone know when they usually give them out? Release day?

Sadly, that's what it looks like, yes :( Not GMG's choice, but EA's :/

Veritas_

I'm seriously pissed that the English/French/German building set is Digital Deluxe only. I'm sure it'll come out as separate DLC later, but still....

Picking up the Limited Edition. Wasn't too thrilled at first, but I've really warmed up to the game, especially after seeing the "Let's All Be Mayor" videos.

trinest

I'm seriously pissed that the English/French/German building set is Digital Deluxe only. I'm sure it'll come out as separate DLC later, but still....

Picking up the Limited Edition. Wasn't too thrilled at first, but I've really warmed up to the game, especially after seeing the "Let's All Be Mayor" videos.

If you look on EB Games Australian website they are seperate DLC packs if you wish.

RedWaltz79

Neo Member

You can buy the upgrade to the DD version right now for $20.00 on Origin. So, say you bought the Limited Edition on Amazon for $45.00, using the Feb. coupon, you could get the DD upgrade on Origin and basically making the complete DD package only $65.00, instead of $80.00.

Still, it is quite a bit of money for some city skins and a park. :(

Raven77

Hahaha, so true.

I don't understand these maps, where are the cities actually built? Within the yellow lines?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ohhhh, so the yellow is the highway, so each block (4 people per block) isn't connected with road?

No, there's only 4 cities connected with roads (hence the planning of us being done in 4-people-groups, since connections by roads are the initial connections and the most used ones). Trains and Ferries are able to eventually connect ALL the clusters though. E.g. Viridian woods, the bottom cluster is connected to the left cluster by ferry, the left cluster is connected to the top cluster by train, and the top cluster is connected to the right cluster by ferry.

Arcticfox

Samr as me. Lol

Also with school I wnt to warn early on I wont be able to get kn everyday.
Don't worry about it. I am in the same group as you and I will only have an hour or two a day to work on my city during the week. I also prefer to play at a slower game speed. Just try not to pollute too much and help out when possible and we should be fine.

Pandemic

Someone should just have a city of all residential, then they can travel to another city for their shopping and leisure needs. This would probably allow a bigger population I guess?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Someone should just have a city of all residential, then they can travel to another city for their shopping and leisure needs. This would probably allow a bigger population I guess?

Unless you're trying to get on the leaderboards, the "only residential/commercial/industrial" kinds of cities don't seem to be that effective. Having a majority of one type of zone is fine, but having at least a little bit of each tends to smooth things out.

A residential only city would especially start to have traffic issues, I think.

yogloo

I just bought it on a whim because I have been having a lousy week. Registered on Metal's site too. Settler's rest at titan gorge.

Veritas_

You can buy the upgrade to the DD version right now for $20.00 on Origin. So, say you bought the Limited Edition on Amazon for $45.00, using the Feb. coupon, you could get the DD upgrade on Origin and basically making the complete DD package only $65.00, instead of $80.00.

Thanks for the tip.

DD = Digital Deluxe, not Digital Download Deluxe, right? :p I'd love to play the game a night early (I have it arriving on disc on the 5th from Amazon).

Nobody better take my city in the meantime ;) We need to establish governors for each region or something.

But it's more than just that, not even counting the various landmarks, the trailers make it clear that they change the gameplay a bit too - for example adding a whole tourism industry that isn't normally part of the cities. And the fact that every single stage of every single building is an entirely different piece of art, that's a lot more than just a "skin".

I've applied to Gaf map, havent followed the thread too much, but lets hope I did everything right. :D Going to make railroads and fuck shit up in my town. :|

Ballistik

is this game even worth 60 bucks?
Well you're asking in the OT of the thread where a good portion of the people posting and following this thread are hardcore fans and can justify the $60 for this game, like me, so you're more likely to hear yes than no.

Yes it's worth $60

Fumoffu

Neo Member
is this game even worth 60 bucks?

It's all perceived value I guess, some people through down $99 on Origin here, others $45 on Amazon and everyone seems happy to pay. For me totally worth it, just based on the beta alone I know I could easily crank out ten's of hours and with building these great works, even more.

Lol at the DLC-looking stuff that leaked out.. No surprise there.

According to the game manual they'll be a mix of free and paid DLC, here's hoping it's mainly free...oh wait it's EA. One can hope I guess.

DPsygnet

Can't wait...

i randomly chose my spot in excitment of having a GAF region and realised later that i was well placed, with all ressources, railroad and water all around me :)

Am gonna be rich and spread my high rate criminals all of you guys.

hide yo banks, hide yo crops.

pahamrick

Amazon originally said there would be one starting yesterday but they have removed removed the wording. There could still be an Origin preload but I doubt it if Amazon took it away.

No pre-load was basically confirmed on the official SimCity forums. Basically, you're only going to be downloading a basic installer off the Origin servers and then the bulk of the game will be downloaded direct from Maxis, much like how the Beta installs worked. Because of that, there isn't a way to do a pre-load.

Top Bottom