• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

mil6es

I've claimed a spot but might aswel bow out due to no specific dat for the Mac version, i'm thinking its atleast 1month+ away from being released

BearPawB

Banned
Updating my list of Titan Gorge 2 Names:

Pioneer Plains: Gaf: Oompa Origin: KingOompa
Conestoga crossing: Gaf: Plumpman Origin: Plumpman
Settler's Rest: Gaf: Final Boss
Frontier Fields: Gaf: Mandiller Origin: mandiller_aus
Hickory Ridge: Gaf: Vile Pukema Origin: Wincellios
Mesquite: Gaf: Lonestar Origin: LonestarGA
Ceder Gates: Gaf: Raxious
Pinewood Hills: Gaf: Irobot82
Claim Overlook: Gaf:Eroots Origin: eroots
Placer Vista: Gaf: BearPawB Origin: BearPawB
Nugget Plateau: Gaf: thelegendary
Prospect: Gaf: camelpope Origin: Camelpope

FINALBOSS

Banned
Starting the Master Titan Gorge 2 list because i am Jealous of titan gorge #1's:

Settler's Rest: Gaf: Final Boss Origin: ToyCoffin
Ceder Gates: Gaf: Raxious
Claim Overlook: Gaf:Eroots
Wrangler's Rest: Gaf: Mitheor Origin: Mitheor
Painted Point: Gaf: pachael
Mustang Run: Gaf: Backdrifter
Palomino: Gaf: Storybook77 Origin: Storybook1977

These are gaf Id's i will edit in origin ID's as they are added to the site

Hey guys. I just added my origin ID in bold. Can't wait to join up :D

Remember you can bootcamp it if you're a Mac user. That's what I do on my iMac and it works perfectly.

I'm gonna work on getting this set up, I should have a long time ago, but every time finding a cheap means to get windows (and I dont think upgrades work for this right?) has stopped me, but I may just bite the bullet for this, because I really want to play now, not "Spring 2013".

Soi-Fong

Updated list, because Origin ID list in OP has been updated. Have sent a friend request to ya'll.

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) ???
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) Moki-asa
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Reluctant-H
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) ???
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) Quick (Origin) ???
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) ???
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) ???
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) TurboButt (Origin) ???
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) ???

Added my Origin username.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh man, just tuned into the letsallbemayor stream, they did an all-oil city.. and jesus Christ half their map is brown from the ground pollution LOL, wtf did they do, did anyone watch the whole thing? Does Oil just produce THAT much ground pollution?

Oh man, just tuned into the letsallbemayor stream, they did an all-oil city.. and jesus Christ half their map is brown from the ground pollution LOL, wtf did they do, did anyone watch the whole thing? Does Oil just produce THAT much ground pollution?

It was actually mostly a coal city and i watched from 2-3 mostly. some hilarious stuff, buildings catching on fire, large amounts of death and injury for the population , the moment they built an airport there was a huge excess of sims leaving, etc.

Smiley90

It was actually mostly a coal city and i watched from 2-3 mostly. some hilarious stuff, buildings catching on fire, large amounts of death and injury for the population , the moment they built an airport there was a huge excess of sims leaving, etc.

ah right, coal, not oil. Is mining for coal producing all that ground pollution? I didn't check in the beta, but do Mining AND drilling produce ground pollution? Or what happened in their case? (and where did they get the radiation from oO).

Nero3000

ah right, coal, not oil. Is mining for coal producing all that ground pollution? I didn't check in the beta, but do Mining AND drilling produce ground pollution? Or what happened in their case? (and where did they get the radiation from oO).

Meteor strike on the nuclear power plant... Don't think you can recover from that

Smiley90

Meteor strike on the nuclear power plant... Don't think you can recover from that

... oh man, now I'm scared :lol I'll totally go Nuclear Power in my city though. Just gotta hope for the best. :p

so when do the cheat codes come out?
i couldn't survive without cheat codes in SC4

There's a non-leaderboard sandbox mode, you won't need cheat codes.

Hambone

Signed up for Hohenburg Shores. Away from all you losers :p haha.

I actually called it about 10 minutes before you. ;)

It doesn't see like the site updates right away, so if you registered after me it might have overwritten mine. Maybe MM can comment on how that works.

SRTtoZ

Wow glad I found this thread. Would have just planed normal multi regardless of an actual spot. I chose Viridian Woods 3: Fiago Forest. Should be fun.

... oh man, now I'm scared :lol I'll totally go Nuclear Power in my city though. Just gotta hope for the best. :p

I think they dropped the meteor on the plant. I'm terrified that coal/oil mining is super inefficient at low levels and pollutes everything. Not sure what I'm going to do if that's the case.

Megasoum

Banned

They were doing everything in their power to create as much polution as possible lol. Building a TON of coal powerplants with the maximum number of the worst smoke stacks possible lol. They had close to 1 gigawatt of extra power haha. They also shutdown all the firestations on the map because the buildings on fire were SOOO pretty lol.

Oh yeah and they built a nuke power just to drop a meteor on it 2 min later lol. Was great to see all the buildings on fire for like 1/4th of the map. Oh also, whenre there's a metor coming down you can actually see it from the region view which looks AMAZING.

Raxious

Starting the Master Titan Gorge 2 list because i am Jealous of titan gorge #1's:

Settler's Rest: Gaf: Final Boss
Ceder Gates: Gaf: Raxious Origin: Raxious91
Claim Overlook: Gaf:Eroots
Wrangler's Rest: Gaf: Mitheor Origin: Mitheor
Painted Point: Gaf: pachael
Mustang Run: Gaf: Backdrifter
Palomino: Gaf: Storybook77 Origin: Storybook1977

These are gaf Id's i will edit in origin ID's as they are added to the site

I added my Origin name ;)

swoon

Gaf name | Origin name
darklord - Metal_Mills
Jintor
NJBorn
Chili - ChiliUK
Nlroh
pepboy - Pepboy013
19 & 21
largan - Ryodis
Xane
Burgess_101 - Burgess_101
Nero3000 - Oren3000
ekim - NothingLittle
Ballistik - EC_Ballistik
Ikuu
swoon37 - swoon37
TheQueen'sOwn - BrokenSaintCDN Region Creator

updated

Ceebs

So I was not paying attention when I grabbed my spot. Looks like I have an oil and ore zone. Guessing I will be heavy industry with lots of fire coverage. I want to try and do a small pocket of super high class residential that I can prop up with all my oil and coal money. Should be neat to see how that vibes with the rest of the zone being a total Industrial zone.

I will probably start on a solo city elsewhere for some fooling around since I did not get in any of the betas. Then I will get going on GAFville.

Smiley90

I think they dropped the meteor on the plant. I'm terrified that coal/oil mining is super inefficient at low levels and pollutes everything. Not sure what I'm going to do if that's the case.

Could still happen randomly though! or Tornados, or Earthquakes... or... hrrrng. :p I didn't try mining in the beta so no idea how that will work.

They were doing everything in their power to create as much polution as possible lol. Building a TON of coal powerplants with the maximum number of the worst smoke stacks possible lol. They had close to 1 gigawatt of extra power haha. They also shutdown all the firestations on the map cause the buildings on fire were pretty lol.

:lol, alright :D can't wait for the game to come out. I think I'm going to NOT build ANY industry until I can get my tech level high, to avoid pollution :p

Also, a tip for those that did NOT play the beta: I'm sure if you've watched videos, you've seen the bars for the demands on the bottom, for population, commerce and industry. the BRIGHT bars in the foreground demonstrate demand in your city (so what local citizens want), but there might be a darker, less bright colour in the background that's higher, indiciating a higher demand... that is REGIONAL demand. So if your bright e.g. yellow bar is at the bottom, that means your local citizens are happy with your industrial coverage, but the background darker bar might be high. That means if you build additional industry zones, workers from other cities will come to work in your city! :)

Hambone

Question (I did not play the beta) Is everyone in your region considered a "neighbor", or only the plots of land that sit immediately next to you?

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
Is anyone in Viridian Woods (2) going to have the game immediately at launch, due to an Origin pre-order, that will be able to setup our region?

I have an Amazon pre-order, and since you can't start downloading till midnight, I will most likely be asleep.

Steaks

People on Reddit are reporting that their amazon preorders using the CAGROCKS code are being deleted:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/19jf4d/if_you_used_cagrocks_on_amazoncom_for_25_off/

I used the code and as of right now mine is still up but I would suggest anyone that used this method of preorder should look at your order status.

Yeah, this happened to me. I'm going to deal with Amazon tomorrow, too sleepy right now.

Kind of tight about this. I like this game, but it's not a full price purchase for me at all :(

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
People on Reddit are reporting that their amazon preorders using the CAGROCKS code are being deleted:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/19jf4d/if_you_used_cagrocks_on_amazoncom_for_25_off/

I used the code and as of right now mine is still up but I would suggest anyone that used this method of preorder should look at your order status.

Mine is still there. One of the posters says this about their experience:

"The rep said that the order was cancelled due to the technical issue that did not allow pre-loading on 03/01/13. Since the coupon code I had used was no longer valid, she said she could give me a one-time exception and manually place the 25% discount on my order. However, since the product wasn't available yet she couldn't apply it immediately and will have to wait until the product is available, aka March 5th.

I've got record of the conversation, so if they tell me they can't do it after the order has been charged, well then... we're gonna have a problem.

YMMV"

Rad-

Did some research on my plot. It has high residential desirability. Would the best choice be a tourism heavy city?

Nero3000

Thanks. List so far:

Titan Gorge 1 - Need a region name!
http://sdrv.ms/Ygpjwl

Gaf name | Origin name
darklord - Metal_Mills
Jintor
NJBorn
Chili - ChiliUK
Nlroh
pepboy - Pepboy013
19 & 21 - CynageN