• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seeing the city limitations makes me contemplate canceling my preorder.

I most likely will not, but it is sad that the city's are so small and abruptly cut off.

I must not have been paying attention when looking at the streams.

JJD

It's true .... probably not... :<

It's not a deal breaker, I'll still buy the game but building a city with a big river, some small islands and lots of bridges is a Simcity tradition to me... =(

They should have ditched the 32 bit version of the game...

How many gamers are running with 32 bits OS???

LegoDad

The small city was going to be a big problem for me, but I can see it as building a region as one big city and working on each part of the city at one time now.

Just preordered off of Amazon. I'm ready!

Spl1nter

It's not a deal breaker, I'll still buy the game but building a city with a big river, some small islands and lots of bridges is a Simcity tradition to me... =(

They should have ditched the 32 bit version of the game...

How many gamers are running with 32 bits OS???

Its not really just about 32 bit OS usage. Making a 64bit game is useless if the people playing dont have more than 4 gigs of ram. Majority of people dont have more than 4 gigs of ram.

After a 10 year hiatus they have made the minimum requirements as low as possible in order to draw in past user base. For this type of game that is vital, wouldnt of been made otherwise.

Can i still join a city?

How does it work?

Im in europe, my gaf en origin accounts are Omiee

You're now in Titan Gorge (1)

I'd like to be put in one as well.

You are now in Viridian Woods (2), I also need your Origin ID.

Add me as aswell if possible.

Discovery Delta (2), need your origin ID.

Are there going to be any more regions setup? :(

Viridian Woods (2), I also need your Origin ID.

iMax

They just said on the official live stream that Mac version news is coming soon, possibly today or tomorrow.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They just said on the official live stream that Mac version news is coming soon, possibly today or tomorrow.
Please be before the release date. Then I can cancel my Amazon order if necessary. I hope that this single download key will work for both versions.

Shane86

The frame-rate has been terrible in this stream for about two hours now. Wouldn't say it's their software because it was fine the last few days

Shane86

They're trying too hard to be funny, it's really painful. The developer probably has a serious migraine from listening to them by now

JJD

Its not really just about 32 bit OS usage. Making a 64bit game is useless if the people playing dont have more than 4 gigs of ram. Majority of people dont have more than 4 gigs of ram.

After a 10 year hiatus they have made the minimum requirements as low as possible in order to draw in past user base. For this type of game that is vital, wouldnt of been made otherwise.

That's news to me!

I'm not that big of a PC gamer...

Thanks for clearing that up!

I don't know, I've seen some plots of land that are a bunch of little islands. Maybe in Discovery Delta?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/simcity/Discovery_Delta

That looks great!!! Thanks friend!!!!

ekim

The TotalBiscuit video is killing me - right now he is arguing with his wife(?) about the high taxes in his city ... :D

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
If there are a bunch of early reviews, would anyone consider cancelling their pre-order at this point if it gets slammed or mediocre scores?

It always seems that exclusive early reviews of games are always good reviews... coincidence, I think not. :)

I've come to terms with the city size because of the ability to start a private region in which you can create multiple cities working together. I do get the frustration and disappointment though.

Burbank_

There's no mandatory multiplayer. Yes, there is leaderboard-multiplayer, but there is also non-leaderboard play (e.g. Sandbox mode), so there will be without-mod leaderboards and no-leaderboard play for modded games if anything. It will definitely be moddable, that was confirmed.

That sounds great, could you link where they confirmed modability?
Sorry for a late reply, I haven't had internet.

All I have seen is the devs saying that A. they recognize the importance that mods have had for the franchise, B. would like to have mods and C. have looked at possibilities for maybe adding mods later. The only concrete thing regarding additional content I have seen is an in game DLC store (that will be present at launch?).

f0rk

The only problem I have with the city size is how dumb the borders look. Having loads of cities in my own region should be the same as 1 big one for me.

About to preorder this from amazon. The $20 credit is only for physical copies? Wanted to do a digital download but I guess i'll go for the disc instead for the credit

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The only problem I have with the city size is how dumb the borders look. Having loads of cities in my own region should be the same as 1 big one for me.
It probablybreaks the illusion of completeness if it was one contiguous region with boundries. It would seem more like you are in control of a neighborhood and not a unique, self contained city.

It's probably jarring to be working on one part of the city and not being able to work on something right next to it because it's out of bounds, and having to exit and load the neighbor city for something 20 feet away.

About to preorder this from amazon. The $20 credit is only for physical copies? Wanted to do a digital download but I guess i'll go for the disc instead for the credit

Ultimately, there will be no difference other than you will have the option to install from the disc. I'm sure it won't require the disc to launch the game and if you really wanted to, I'm sure you could just register the CD Key in Origin and never use the disc.

This is likely the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know when GreenManGaming usually send their keys out? I've bought a number of games from them but this is my first pre-order and I'd rather not miss out on some sneaky VPN activation action and be stuck waiting until the 8th.

Ultimately, there will be no difference other than you will have the option to install from the disc. I'm sure it won't require the disc to launch the game and if you really wanted to, I'm sure you could just register the CD Key in Origin and never use the disc.

Yeah that's what I was going to do anyway. Just wanted the digital download to be able to play earlier without paying for the faster shipping

Megasoum

Banned
This is likely the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know when GreenManGaming usually send their keys out? I've bought a number of games from them but this is my first pre-order and I'd rather not miss out on some sneaky VPN activation action and be stuck waiting until the 8th.

It's really on a game to game basis. Sometime they will only send keys on the day of release but most of the time I get mine a day before at least.

Now that's there's rumors that some people already got theirs I'm sure we'll get them tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. I have Prime so I take release day shipping for granted. I remember when it was like a $1 for release day shipping, you have to play for 2 day shipping now, right?

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. I have Prime so I take release day shipping for granted. I remember when it was like a $1 for release day shipping, you have to play for 2 day shipping now, right?

Yeah, it's like $8 for 2-day and $19 for 1-day. Standard 3-5 day is $5

Should have preordered it when I was on a Prime trial last month

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's really on a game to game basis. Sometime they will only send keys on the day of release but most of the time I get mine a day before at least.

Now that's there's rumors that some people already got theirs I'm sure we'll get them tomorrow.

I got my GMG SimCity key when I bought it on March 1st. It showed up instantly on my Games and/or Keys section of the website. I never got any email warning me about it. (was hoping EA would fix my account issue on Origin so I could buy directly from them, but it's been one month since I opened my ticked and they didn't give a fuck).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ok, these are the only people who's Origin IDs are missing.

StevieP
TurboButt NO GAF ACCOUNT FOUND
Spazo
Quick
sl4yor
spadge
EvB
King_Moc
MrCompletely
klobrille NO GAF ACCOUNT FOUND
thelegendary
Stasis
DTKT
KPJZKC
8bit

Also unless I hear anything about klobrille and TurboButt I'll be removing them, opening 2 new slots.

Stasis posted his Origin nick a couple pages ago...

Ceebs

It probablybreaks the illusion of completeness if it was one contiguous region with boundries. It would seem more like you are in control of a neighborhood and not a unique, self contained city.

It's probably jarring to be working on one part of the city and not being able to work on something right next to it because it's out of bounds, and having to exit and load the neighbor city for something 20 feet away.

The other cities plots are further away than that it seems. More like the next exit or so up a highway.

The size does not really bother me. It just means you have to specialize or think ahead in terms of expansion.

Top Bottom