• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

DPsygnet

any one know the first country that get the game unlocked through Origin ?
We could use VPN to unlock the game early tomorow... from what i understand it,s actually legal but ''unappreciated'' by EA.

did it for ME3 worked like a charm XD

Weird. I demanded the CAGROCKS discount be applied to my new order and they just gave me $20 worth of promotional credit which I applied when I reordered the game. I just used the email support to they were suprisingly fast and helpful. I'm not in the US either, but meh, money is money to them.

Yeah, ended up calling them through Skype and solved the issue.

They don't care about where you're from at all. He wanted me to verify my billing address, which I haven't kept up to date at all, so I have three, one in Singapore, one in the UK and one very obviously fake in the US, and the verification ended up being a combination of those three... good times :) Love their customer support.

I seriously wish I could join one of the NeoGaf servers but I don't think I will have time to commit to it. This game seriously looks intense though. March 5th can't come fast enough.

LogicStep

So is the Digital Delux version worth it? I rather buy a physical copy of the game but they are offering $20 off your next purchase on Origin so I'm not sure on what to do here.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
So is the Digital Delux version worth it? I rather buy a physical copy of the game but they are offering $20 off your next purchase on Origin so I'm not sure on what to do here.

Well my plan is grabbing the digital version off Amazon ($45 with the discount) and if I want more -- upgrade to the DD here for another $20.

antonz

I caved and bought it since I had a 30 dollar certificate with amazon so get game for like half off and then 20 for another game heh.

ill join a gaf region

StUnNeR H2K

Viridian Woods #2 UPDATE - Anything BOLD/UNDERLINE has been updated/changed. We have a few new players. I'm also PM'ing everyone with details I collected in the original PM I sent to everyone.

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) ???
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) Moki-asa
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Reluctant-Hero
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) DeadPixelOrigin
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) JordanKZ (Origin) J0rdan_KZ
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) Norantus
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) SpazoQC
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) sdornan (Origin) sdornan
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) Tabzor

I'd imagine Cjdamon is going to do it, but if nobody else has created it by then, I'd be happy to create the GAF SimCity region for Discovery Delta 1. I'm getting the physical copy with release date delivery so sometime Tuesday night PST it'd be ready.

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
Viridian Woods #2 UPDATE - Anything BOLD/UNDERLINE has been updated/changed. We have a few new players. I'm also PM'ing everyone with details I collected in the original PM I sent to everyone.

You are the man! I spoke to Palutena and she said that she is going to try to bootcamp her Mac this week so she can play by next weekend.

For those who are non-responsive, we should consider replacements tomorrow.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't understand how the deluxe edition could be worth 20$ more. The landmarks (Eiffel Tower, Berlin Gate and Big Ben) are nice but useless, there's already a bunch of landmarks in the game that serve the exact purpose (and they all take so much place that I'm not sure I want them in my city unless I'm 100% focused on tourism).

The buses and train are the only thing of value imo and even then, it's a minor thing.

If it was a 5$ DLC then sure I'd go for it but I would never pay 20$ for that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't understand how the deluxe edition could be worth 20$ more. The landmarks (Eiffel Tower, Berlin Gate and Big Ben) are nice but useless, there's already a bunch of landmarks in the game that serve the exact purpose (and they all take so much place that I'm not sure I want them in my city unless I'm 100% focused on tourism).

The buses and train are the only thing of value imo and even then, it's a minor thing.

There's also the theme building skins that appear with the culturally appropriate landmark.

I think it's overpriced too, but I still bought it :p

Raven77

This man is on to something here...

Showing a willingness to pay $20, TWENTY dollars for 3 landmarks is setting a bad precedent. How much will the inevitable highway and farm expansions cost, $200 bucks??? Lol...

NJBorn

Banned

agreed

any one know the first country that get the game unlocked through Origin ?
We could use VPN to unlock the game early tomorow... from what i understand it,s actually legal but ''unappreciated'' by EA.

did it for ME3 worked like a charm XD

Game releases first on March 5th in North America first. US based VPN should work as long as you ordered it from Origin.

gamma

This man is on to something here...

Showing a willingness to pay $20, TWENTY dollars for 3 landmarks is setting a bad precedent. How much will the inevitable highway and farm expansions cost, $200 bucks??? Lol...

I think the main feature is that the buildings will change their look based on the landmark.

Sober

Pretty sure all the DD upgrades have gone down in price over time? When they do a price drop on the game it'll also adjust accordingly.

Pretty sure ME3 was also 79.99$/59.99$, now that it's 29.99$/19.99$ the DD upgrade is only 10 bucks rather than 20.

Fixed1979

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm thinking about it, but how often would I have to play, sometimes I have a life. lol

That's the nice thing about the asynchronous multiplayer. You don't necessarily have to play it as much as everyone else. But it can get to a point where it will be detrimental to others, if the time disparity is that severe, and especially if others rely on you for specific cervixes.

That's the nice thing about the asynchronous multiplayer. You don't necessarily have to play it as much as everyone else. But it can get to a point where it will be detrimental to others, if the time disparity is that severe, and especially if others rely on you for specific cervixes.

This game sounds a lot different from what I thought it would be.

Pandemic

How does it work if someone uses cheetah speed compared to someone that uses Llama speed? Hard to describe but won't someone progress a lot faster within the region compared to someone else in the region that is using Llama speed?

Fixed1979

How does it work if someone uses cheetah speed compared to someone that uses Llama speed? Hard to describe but won't someone progress a lot faster within the region compared to someone else in the region that is using Llama speed?

Yup, but there's really no reason for that to matter.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter all that much. Unless you grow too large for other people to provide services to you.

gamma

Yes? The game is asynchronous. Time doesn't matter.

Raven77

Yeah I know its more than JUST the landmarks but it still sets a terrible precident.

People are basically saying "Yes EA, I'm willing to spend 1/3rd the price of the game for 3 landmarks and a few other small, minor things."

The proportional value of content compared to what you get in the game is like 1/200. Meaning the whole European landmark thing should cost 5 bucks or under.

Jhriad

Well my plan is grabbing the digital version off Amazon ($45 with the discount) and if I want more -- upgrade to the DD here for another $20.

Totally forgot this was coming out so soon until I saw this thread bumped. What discount on Amazon? I'd like to pick the game up but I'm reluctant at $60.

antonz

Totally forgot this was coming out so soon until I saw this thread bumped. What discount on Amazon? I'd like to pick the game up but I'm reluctant at $60.

There was an error that got some people a discount. But Amazon is offering 20 dollar gift card basically if you buy the game

cheesetom

Discovery Delta 3
--------------------

Spud8ud
plastik2k12
Yogloo
Tekezy
OblastSRT4
CheeseTom (please check if misspeled)
nurve7
PelegrinuX
rmr2020
WoodenLung
Theandrin
AppleMIXX
swirlyglasses1
flashburn2012
Zona221
Munroe4985

Should be ok now! I just added everyone on that list.
Had to wrestle Origin to give me my damn name!

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
Yeah I know its more than JUST the landmarks but it still sets a terrible precident.

People are basically saying "Yes EA, I'm willing to spend 1/3rd the price of the game for 3 landmarks and a few other small, minor things."

The proportional value of content compared to what you get in the game is like 1/200. Meaning the whole European landmark thing should cost 5 bucks or under.

The consumer already set that precedent with the Sims 3 online store where people plop down $20.00 for some stuff packs or a few dollars for new hair and dresses.

EA knows the kind of people who buy their stuff.

EDIT: I can only imagine how disappointed those people will be who spent hundreds of dollars on Sims 3 store stuff when Sims 4 is announced, making all their "stuff" pointless and then having to re-buy a Sims Pets, Seasons, and University expansion again... :)

Jhriad

There was an error that got some people a discount. But Amazon is offering 20 dollar gift card basically if you buy the game

If it worked on Kindle Books I'd happily pick it up but I don't use Amazon frequently enough for anything else to make the credit worth much. I'd rather just wait for it to be discounted.

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
If it worked on Kindle Books I'd happily pick it up but I don't use Amazon frequently enough for anything else to make the credit worth much. I'd rather just wait for it to be discounted.

I am pretty sure it works on anything sold on Amazon.com. It is just general Amazon credit.

Mii

Banned
How impossible is a merger of coal town, iron town, and tourist seaside town? I haven't yet gotten a sense of just how overbearing the pollution will be.

One thing that I'm worried about is most of the developer videos, beta 3 videos, and lets all be mayor videos show its way too easy to remain profitable. With a thousand stupid decisions in the Lets All Be Mayor series, the cities operated most of the time in the black without any problem. I've heard that the difficulty mostly kicks in once a resource-rich town runs out of resources, but with the money coming in so easily in these videos budget-balancing seems so unimportant.

Top Bottom