• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

mavs

Guillaume Pierre
&#8207;@MaxisGuillaume
Less than 12 hours until @simcity goes live (in Asia)!!

This has been confirmed by maxis... I wonder what this means for VPN's.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9329970.page

http://i.imgur.com/ZmgIbtW.jpg[img]

11pm Singapore = 7am PST.... 1 hour pre-load, so we'll probably get something similar. So potentially we're looking at people being able to unlock and play at 8am PST, if it works via Asian VPN? Anyone mind trying that out? :P[/QUOTE]

If you do anything EA doesn't like they ban you and all your games and send a ninja to kill you and your family so I wouldn't be up for that even if I did have a key. Would be nice to know if anyone's done this sort of thing on Origin before and lived to tell about it.

Killer

Banned
Any good deal on the game outside of gmg? I'm not a US resident so it doesn't work for me.

Also if I unlocked the game before EU release using asian vpn, will my city be locked on asian server?

I don't know much of the game and hope you guys help :).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any good deal on the game outside of gmg? I'm not a US resident so it doesn't work for me.

Also if I unlocked the game before EU release using asian vpn, will my city be locked on asian server?

I don't know much of the game and hope you guys help :).

You don't have to be a US resident to use GMG...

froliq

I have unlocked BF3 and Mass Effect 3 using Korean VPN before. Don't think EA really cares, even Steam don't do anything about early unlocking.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL took me a minute to figure that one out

His "WTF is" video about SimCity is 90 minutes long lol

oh man that makes much more sense :lol. That's... long. Shows how much he liked it, probably.

ekim

Guillaume Pierre
&#8207;@MaxisGuillaume
Less than 12 hours until @simcity goes live (in Asia)!!

This has been confirmed by maxis... I wonder what this means for VPN's.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9329970.page

ZmgIbtW.jpg

11pm Singapore = 7am PST.... 1 hour pre-load, so we'll probably get something similar. So potentially we're looking at people being able to unlock and play at 8am PST, if it works via Asian VPN? Anyone mind trying that out? :p

I will do. :)
it should be around 4pm CET.

Xane

LOL took me a minute to figure that one out

His "WTF is" video about SimCity is 90 minutes long lol

Anyone know when his WTF is SimCity is gonna be out?

Also, when exactly is SimCity going to be released? As in.. time-wise.
So I can preload at work.

Stasis

Bah, no pre-loading?

Not a big deal but I was kinda hoping it'd work like Steam. I can't remember if ME3 pre-loaded or not. I don't often use Origin.

pahamrick

But how many hours from now is it ? xD

Not sure if the unlock is 11pm or 12am Singapore time. But it's 6 1/2 hours until 12am in Singapore.

-Edit-

Oh man, since there's no pre-load I'll probably be better off waiting until local launch. Using the server speed test on the VPN site, I only get about 1.2Mb/S download from their Singapore Server.

_woLf

So I want this game, but if I buy it from Amazon with the $20 credit it wont be here tuesday. Is there anywhere I can get the game for $40 like on Amazon only the digital version?

pahamrick

So I want this game, but if I buy it from Amazon with the $20 credit it wont be here tuesday. Is there anywhere I can get the game for $40 like on Amazon only the digital version?

Doesn't look like it. Seems like the only way to have gotten the digital version for close to $40 was if you ordered off Amazon with the CAGROCKS code before it expired.

Dunno how origin handles it to be fair, but as it comes out on march 7th for me, i got time lol

What's interesting is you only download about 300mb from Origin (The launcher/installer) then you download the rest from Maxis. Wonder if it'd be possible to download from Maxis without the VPN active.

_woLf

Doesn't look like it. Seems like the only way to have gotten the digital version for close to $40 was if you ordered off Amazon with the CAGROCKS code before it expired.

Didn't know that code existed. And now I see I can't even get the $20 credit from amazon for the game.

Not paying full price, so looks like no simcity for me!

Stasis

Not sure if this has been posted, was released two days ago, a SimCity LAN party, and shows each player working together with their cities and helping each other in the one region.
LINK

Worth watching.

Thanks for the link! These guys are hilarious.. their farming simulator lan-party vid was awesome.

Does someone has more info on the canceled Amazon orders?

And can anyone check for me how expensive it is on GMG for the US? I think it would be cheaper then here.

SLV

What do you guys think, i am planning to play a region with only one friend think we can split the duties enough between each other to be self sufficient ? I am planning on having a single city, he considers two. What do you all think ?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I adore Sim City, but I was taking my eyes off this because for some reason I thought there wasn't a Mac version.

But there is! Rejoice!

80 euros for the deluxe edition though :eep What's the consensus on the deluxe version...worth it?

pahamrick

Ah thanks, with coupon code that is a lot cheaper than in Europe, seems I need to find somebody to gift it.

The 20% off voucher? Doesn't work on SimCity on US GMG.

I adore Sim City, but I was taking my eyes off this because for some reason I thought there wasn't a Mac version.

But there is! Rejoice!

80 euros for the deluxe edition though :eep What's the consensus on the deluxe version...worth it?

It really depends, honestly. You're getting 3 extra city sets that each have 1 landmark each, new building styles for buildings that are built near the landmark. A French police station + police cars, Double Decker Buses + Station, and a High Speed Train + Station. Judging by the DDE video, the high speed train looks like it can be used as transportation within the city but it's hard to tell from the short glimpse.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The 20% off voucher? Doesn't work on SimCity on US GMG.

It really depends, honestly. You're getting 3 extra city sets that each have 1 landmark each, new building styles for buildings that are built near the landmark. A French police station + police cars, Double Decker Buses + Station, and a High Speed Train + Station. Judging by the DDE video, the high speed train looks like it can be used as transportation within the city but it's hard to tell from the short glimpse.

Thanks. Will have to watch that video and ferret out some other media to get an idea of what you get.

If you do anything EA doesn't like they ban you and all your games and send a ninja to kill you and your family so I wouldn't be up for that even if I did have a key. Would be nice to know if anyone's done this sort of thing on Origin before and lived to tell about it.

Unlocked Battlefield 3 with a VPN without a problem and know a guy on here who did the same with fifa, no problems for any of us yet.

Top Bottom