• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/small-size.jpg[img]

Are the cities really this small??????????[/QUOTE]

I talked about that in the review thread too.

If you're concerned, watch some lets play videos.

This is the best one, IMO. It has a competent player showing off a lot of things.

He achieves an almost 200k population.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Yl0lRNSH1g66BeqQScxcS5MXRyeoSub[/url]

[quote="Sethos, post: 48940866"]No, there's varying plot sizes and that's a small plot.[/QUOTE]

[quote="drizzle, post: 48941178"]There's 3 city sizes, afaik.[/QUOTE]

No, only one size.

For people on my friends list, there will be times when my daughter or my son might be playing the game so just know that just because my account is logged in and playing, it doesn't necessarily mean it is me!

syoaran

Yeah... they could have bothered to say so in the shop before i bought, as it is still in stock i think.
i was told that i would get it within 7 hours. Beats waiting till thursday/friday anyway, what did they tell you ?

The same thing, so i guess we will judge if we got ripped off tomorrow morning...

For people on my friends list, there will be times when my daughter or my son might be playing the game so just know that just because my account is logged in and playing, it doesn't necessarily mean it is me!

But what if we want to show you our penis-shaped cities? How will we know?! ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No, only one size.

I am playing on a lot bigger than that. I can't even fit the whole lot on my screen like that screenshot (running 1920x1800).

I'd take a screenshot, but I can't figure out how. PrintScreen just gives me the desktop, there doesn't seem to be a screenshot shortcut.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I am playing on a lot bigger than that. I can't even fit the whole lot on my screen like that screenshot (running 1920x1800).

I'd take a screenshot, but I can't figure out how. PrintScreen just gives me the desktop, there doesn't seem to be a screenshot shortcut.
Go to planner mode in the options. then you can zoom out more.

screenshot button is 'c'

Okay thanks for the links but many others are saying their are multiple sizes. You say their are not, so who is right???

I'm right.

Go watch the videos I linked a few posts up, and come back and tell us what you thought.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Okay thanks for the links but many others are saying their are multiple sizes. You say their are not, so who is right???

This is the entire area:
AYyryL3.jpg

This is zoomed in on where's that speech bubble on the mid left area of the first image. This is how i'm playing the game right now (and i'm far, I usually play closer to the city than this)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ok, I'm home. How do I unlock this thing!?

If you already have a cd key: get a vpn or proxy to give yourself an asian IP address, download the installer from Origin. Terminate proxy, then launch the game and download the rest from Maxis.

If you don't have a cd key yet: can't do shit

If yo're impatient and wanna take a risk: go buy a cd key from another site, then proxy up and download.

or

if you preordered from origin, cancel the preorder, proxy up, then buy it again from origin and hope they don't put your account up for review.

Raven77

This is the entire area:

This is zoomed in on where's that speech bubble on the mid left area of the first image. This is how i'm playing the game right now (and i'm far, I usually play closer to the city than this)

Thanks, I mean to me it looks like that pic I posted is about as zoomed out as your second picture. Idk, i can't watch the videos posted above cause i'm at work. To me it definitely doesn't look like the screen I posted is as big as your zoomed out view shows. Like I said looks more like the second one.

If you already have a cd key: get a vpn or proxy to give yourself an asian IP address, download the installer from Origin. Terminate proxy, then launch the game and download the rest from Maxis.

If you don't have a cd key yet: can't do shit

If yo're impatient and wanna take a risk: go buy a cd key from another site, then proxy up and download.

or

if you preordered from origin, cancel the preorder, proxy up, then buy it again from origin and hope they don't put your account up for review.

But I already paid for my pre-order :/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Adding another voice in "there's only one city size.

Also, those saying "that's not that small", yes. It isn't. :p play the game like SimCity and not like SimCity 4, and you'll appreciate the added simulation features of glassbox and region play, and you'll enjoy the game. If you wanted SimCity with a graphics patch, then, well... Yeah.

Still no key from GMG for me :( I just want it by 11pm latest when the pre-load starts -.-

My city so far :

I didn't take care about the wind direction. All smoke and smog is directly blown to my fellow citizens.

edit: UFO attack /o\

looks fantastic! and as the husband to an 'air quality assurance EPA chick': I say RELEASE ALL THE POLLUTANTS!

depths20XX

Are there any farm lands in this? I'm guessing not. I remember SimCity 4 had agriculture but it looks like it's only industrial and manufacturing in this one.

Slacker

I guess there's no pre-load from Amazon, right? If there is I can't see how to do it.

Edit: Whoops, I see it on Amazon now: Note: this game will not be available for pre-load prior to launch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...-always-poops-needs-water-and-more-electricit

Penny Arcade review, they, as usual, don't give ratings, but:

"If SimCity 1 through Societies were collections of graph paper and spreadsheets of information, then the SimCity reboot is an artist with a blank canvas and set of brushes, told to interpret said data. It’s not as technical or satisfying to the mathematically-minded, but it is a challenge to create something both beautiful and efficient, and therein lies its charm, challenge, and addictiveness."

SRTtoZ

Is the standard edition even available anywhere? The Limited Edition is the whole first run of the game so go for that.

So in essence the LE is a bonus for preordering. After they sell out of those first copies the game will no longer say LE and will not come with the extra DLC. I think they did this with the first run of Crysis 2 copies.

G.Newell

Is there anywhere else other than GMG to buy it from to recieve the key now. Im from the uk and ive tried buying it off the US GMG using paypal as a payment option but it keeps failing. Not sure if its a problem with the address i put...

I bought the standard edition for a few quid cheaper, I dont want stupid lairs like that. Its bad enough having to deal with monsters, zombies and alien abductions.

Megasoum

Banned
So in essence the LE is a bonus for preordering. After they sell out of those first copies the game will no longer say LE and will not come with the extra DLC. I think they did this with the first run of Crysis 2 copies.

Exactly. Actually EA has been doing that with all its major releases for a couple of years now.

Is there anywhere else other than GMG to buy it from to recieve the key now. Im from the uk and ive tried buying it off the US GMG using paypal as a payment option but it keeps failing. Not sure if its a problem with the address i put...

Also from the UK bought it from AllCDKeys and got it instantly, cost me £34. Only standard edition in stock last time I checked.

RoKKeR

I'm about to impulse by this because I'm on break these next two weeks and am looking for a serious time sink. I loved the last SimCity and always seem to get lost in the complexities of city building.

I really don't know much about the game aside from what I've seen in trailers. I don't give a shit about always online, and prefer to play by myself. Will I be a happy camper?

Top Bottom