• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is there any way to see what your region has when it comes to resources AFTER you selected the area you wanted to make your city?

I don't rememeber what my city had.

Addnan

I check the key section on GMG every few minutes. :/

Their key distribution has been kinda odd for me lately, I didn't even receive an email for Crysis 3, it was just showed in my keys section.

So... I have not played a PC game in well over ten years and am functionally illiterate when it comes to pc specs. SimCity has always been my weak point and I would love to get into it tomorrow.

My current laptop:
AMD Dual Core A6-4400 APU
AMD Radeon HD 7520G
8GB DDR3 RAM

PC-GAF, will it run?

Thanks!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
any water-related power creation? Like Dams? Having a river going through my plot, makes me hope so.

G.Newell

ive managed to buy it and get a key but im trying that vpn method and its still not working. even if i set it to Singapore it still says i have to wait till the 8th. Any idea's?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If you were playing the game you wouldn't be alt-tabbing to gaf all the time.

Right now I'm not, I'm watching the GiantBomb stream. Sorry if I wanted to provide some screenshots and conversation for the people that couldn't unlock it earlier, I guess?

I check the key section on GMG every few minutes. :/

Their key distribution has been kinda odd for me lately, I didn't even receive an email for Crysis 3, it was just showed in my keys section.
Yeah, that really threw me off with Crysis 3. I just happened to look at the keys page the day before and it was already sitting there. That's the only time I didn't get an e-mail first though.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there any way to see what your region has when it comes to resources AFTER you selected the area you wanted to make your city?

I don't rememeber what my city had.

There are data layers for resources like water, oil, coal, and ore.

If your city doesn't have the ones you're looking for, make a trade depot that has access to the rest of the globe and import.

Or, build resource gathering operations in a neighboring city and import locally.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Roads, Happiness (esp taxes, but also parks) and access to Shopping are the big factors, IMHO.

Right now I'm not, I'm watching the GiantBomb stream. Sorry if I wanted to provide some screenshots and conversation for the people that couldn't unlock it earlier, I guess?

I for one have no problem with people asking questions :p see above my answer to the density question, in the Beta, I felt taxes were by far the biggest thing (aside from streets of course) to increase/decrease density, esp if for some reason you don't want to increase land value (eg. For the kind of industry you're running)

Why don't you read any other reviews, except the one single bad one? E.g. Read Kotaku, Penny-Arcade, polygon etc. 1 is a fairly small sample size.

I've been watching all the videos as they are released and while the road construction stuff looks incredible everything I've heard about the macro simulation parts of the game so far is really depressing.

Smiley90

I've been watching all the videos as they are released and while the road construction stuff looks incredible everything I've heard about the macro simulation parts of the game so far is really depressing.

Mhmmm really? Weird, everything I've read and played was applauding the Glassbox engine, with most of the complaints going towards city size, which is atm restricted by glassbox's hardware demands. I LOVE the new simulation engine... So many nicely presented data layers... So much "sense" with how citizens and everything behaves.

So... I have not played a PC game in well over ten years and am functionally illiterate when it comes to pc specs. SimCity has always been my weak point and I would love to get into it tomorrow.

My current laptop:
AMD Dual Core A6-4400 APU
AMD Radeon HD 7520G
8GB DDR3 RAM

PC-GAF, will it run?

Thanks!!!

It should. What's your screen resolution, 1336x768?

RoKKeR

Why don't you read any other reviews, except the one single bad one? E.g. Read Kotaku, Penny-Arcade, polygon etc. 1 is a fairly small sample size.

The Kotaku review really emphasized the "you won't have fun on your own" which was sort of, depressing. Is there truth to this?

Smiley90

The Kotaku review really emphasized the "you won't have fun on your own" which was sort of, depressing. Is there truth to this?

I'd more say "you won't have as much fun with just a single city". The game is really meant to be played with multiple cities, but whether you or someone else plays those other cities is really up to you. Kotaku-guy only played a single city, so I assumed that's what he meant too, he never tried playing multiple cities himself

Top Bottom