• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bollocks to it I am creating the region now, I have waited long enough for this day :p Ill just call the region Titan Gorge 1 (unless there are any suggestions within the next 3 minutes while I get myself some cheerios).

Make yourself a solo region or make a small VPN-GAF region :p

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Bollocks to it I am creating the region now, I have waited long enough for this day :p Ill just call the region Titan Gorge 1 (unless there are any suggestions within the next 3 minutes while I get myself some cheerios).

Someone suggested Tartarus and had some pretty solid reasoning behind it. :)

Make yourself a solo region or make a small VPN-GAF region :p

Ill do it like this:

ill create the region as we normally would, ill invite everyone in our region when they get the game. So we can play normally and discuss options on Wednesday and see if we want to start again. That sounds like a good idea in my head :p

Also ill go with Tartarus, I remember there was something behind the meaning of it :p

Looking at the Mac system requirements, and I see this:

NVIDIA 9400M/ Intel HD3000

and I have this:

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I have no idea about any of this stuff anymore. My computer is this. Would it run?

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB

ekim

played 5-6 hours straight... if you don't plan wisely you'll get in trouble later on even if everything is looking decent in the course.

Nonetheless : excellent game so far. I can't think of anything really flawed.(Always-On, DLC stuff not regarded)

Ghost23

Where is everyone watching this giantbomb quick look?

played 5-6 hours straight... if you don't plan wisely you'll get in trouble later on even if everything is looking decent in the course.

Nonetheless : excellent game so far. I can't think of anything really flawed.(Always-On, DLC stuff not regarded)

How are you playing right now?

Do we have a name for Discovery Delta 1 yet?

I am getting really close to just fucking buying the online version at midnight so I can play XD

Pandemic

I hate you, another 2 days of waiting. :(

Smiley90

Let me guess: traffic nightmare? Happened in my poorly-planned beta play :(

Phreaker

I hope I'll be able to play SimCity (5) in 10 years, like I just did SimCity 4 this weekend. Somehow though, with this always online stuff I tend to doubt it.

B-Dex

For the ladnmarks that change the architecture does it change the entire city or just the area directly around the landmark?

Smiley90

Also, I'd say that unless multiple people from Viridian Woods 1 are non-NA, fixed and everyone else should be good to go tonight yes? No point in waiting if everyone's around anyway. So if you're in Viridian Woods 1 and not playing tomorrow, speak now or stay forever quiet! :p

Not wanting to knock MetalMurphy's work but it appears he got some of the cities in the wrong places. At least my Settlers Rest was on the other side of the river.

SRTtoZ

Holy shit, the hype wheel is starting to roll rather quickly...

My 7970m is ready to murder this game ( I hope :D )

Looking at the Mac system requirements, and I see this:

NVIDIA 9400M/ Intel HD3000

and I have this:

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I have no idea about any of this stuff anymore. My computer is this. Would it run?

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB

I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't support any ATI cards for the Mac. You seem to have one that is at least a step up from an nVidia 9400m.

Smiley90

Yes! Downloading now. Smiley who's starting our region?

Fixed is, with the origin pre-order. But I suppose if you're VPN'ing you can? I don't care, just whoever creates needs to know what's up and needs to be in for the long haul :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People can add me on Origin if they so desire, I have a 16 people private map running with a very stupid name.

I'm RainOne on Origin.

Pandemic

Also, I'd say that unless multiple people from Viridian Woods 1 are non-NA, fixed and everyone else should be good to go tonight yes? No point in waiting if everyone's around anyway. So if you're in Viridian Woods 1 and not playing tomorrow, speak now or stay forever quiet! :p

Me, I'm playing on the 7th (hopefully). I don't mind if regions start now though, was just a suggestion.

At what population count?

Uh, 40 thousand I think? Possibly more?

saunderez

I'm not in NA so I might be a bit behind you guys (I'll probably be at work when the game unlocks), I will be playing ASAP though. I'll most likely use VPN for activation so I should only be hours behind.

Smiley90

Me, I'm playing on the 7th (hopefully). I don't mind if regions start now though, was just a suggestion.

Uh, 40 thousand I think? Possibly more?

According to the registration you're not in Viridian Woods 1 though?

So your Settlers Rest was my Frontier Fields?

I think so yeah. I chose the one named Settlers Rest still. The region has been started and this is what I have to work with! I love the bridge.

settlersfnukl.png

Smiley90

I think so yeah. I chose the one named Settlers Rest still. The region has been started and this is what I have to work with! I love the bridge.

settlersfnukl.png

That tiny bit of land in the corner NEEDS to be the location of the mayor's mansion :lol

Also drizzler (?), you promised me a picture of that upgraded serpentine road!

B-Dex

If you mean aesthetically then you may be referring to the landmarks available in the digital deluxe version which have a direct impact on the look and feel of the city -- see:

http://imgur.com/a/15vVE

Yes I know but is it actually the entire city? That is what I thought it was and am hoping for. I want my German-looking forest, oil-megopolis dammnit!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Does Amazon not charge debit/credit cards until CD-keys are out? Or would they have already charged or put a hold on my funds at this point? Just curious.

Nevermind, looked it up.

Top Bottom