• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Fixed1979

Fixed is, with the origin pre-order. But I suppose if you're VPN'ing you can? I don't care, just whoever creates needs to know what's up and needs to be in for the long haul :p

Ya it doesn't much matter who starts it, they just can't bail. If Metal gets his install going then he should probably be the one.

I'm assuming you can pass region control on to someone else if need be?

trinest

Whatever region I'm in people who are setting it up can start when ever, I'll just be in a day or so later due to location difference.

Yes, though it's a bit of a mystery why this is; it has its own launcher as well, so essentially Origin is required to launch the launcher which is required to update and launch SimCity.

EA has been against using other services for quite some time. Though mainly just hating on Steam, they gave uPlay some love resently.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The usage of everything in my city is shooting up LIKE CRAZY. I think people got really stoked about the University I just plopped down and everybody is changing from medium to high density, which means that both Energy and Water usage are shooting up faster than I can upgrade my shit.

I'm also getting really starved for space now. Goddammit game.. :D

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Whatever region I'm in people who are setting it up can start when ever, I'll just be in a day or so later due to location difference.

EA has been against using other services for quite some time. Though mainly just hating on Steam, they gave uPlay some love resently.

To be fair they don't have much choice with uplay, since it's made by a dev themselves (Ubisoft), while Steam is simply a distributor.

The usage of everything in my city is shooting up LIKE CRAZY. I think people got really stoked about the University I just plopped down and everybody is changing from medium to high density, which means that both Energy and Water usage are shooting up faster than I can upgrade my shit.

I'm also getting really starved for space now. Goddammit game.. :D

Sounds like you're reaching the point where multi-city play should kick in and where specialized cities would help alleviate those problems :p

Any deals on the game? It looks awesome, but I can't pay $60 for games anymore.

Note: I already used the CAGROCKS code on Amazon for Tomb Raider.

just got home from work and this thread is too fast to follow, if I pre-ordered via Origin can I VPN unlock it now? Shows up in my origin game list.

$20 credit on Amazon if you buy the physical copy. You're still paying $60 for SimCity though. That's the best deal right now.

EDIT: What the fuck? UPS tracking info says that it won't be here until Wednesday. With release date delivery!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't think you can change a region's settings (from private to public, for instance) after it was created.

That sucks.

StUnNeR H2K

Final update for those in Viridian Woods #2. I thought one of us was on since someone on my Origin is playing it. Wish I had pre-ordered through Amazon or some place that gives out keys faster. Last time I pre-order through Origin.

I'll be on whenever Origin lets us get on... playing the waiting game right now.

Changes are noted with BOLD/UNDERLINE.

* = No response to friend request on Origin yet.

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) steviep_to
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) Moki-asa
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Reluctant-Hero
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) DeadPixelOrigin
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21*
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666*
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) JordanKZ (Origin) J0rdan_KZ
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) Norantus*
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) SpazoQC*
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) sdornan (Origin) sdornan
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) Tabzor*

StUnNeR H2K

So I assume Origin codes will automatically show up @ 9 PM PST? Or are they emailed and then entered? First time, and last time, using Origin.

Who is making discovery delta 1?

Maybe you, since you have it. you'll have to name the region as well, I don't think anybody has come up with one.

Please only do so if you are going to be readily available. Do you know if you can invite people who don't have the game yet to their respective cities?

Otherwise I'll be creating it within the next 24 hours.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For everyone in my cluster, please put up some extra yellow zones (esp georgc without Tourism :p), since I won't be putting up any until I get higher tech levels, my residents will happily commute to your city. In return, I will happily take your shoppers and students too! :p

FaintDeftone

I'm in the same boat, buddy. I love some Sim City but I've never paid more than $20 for a Sim City game so $60 is a bit out of my price range. I didn't even jump on The Sims 3 until it hit the $30 range.

EDIT: What the fuck? UPS tracking info says that it won't be here until Wednesday. With release date delivery!

Try UPS directly for tracking, mine says this:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 03/05/2013, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 03/06/2013, By End of Day

Having said that, mine's in Kentucky right now and I live near Seattle.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
StUnNeR H2K, I just accepted your friend request. I would have accepted it sooner but I've barely touched Origin since ME3 so its' easy to miss stuff.

georgc

Fixed is, with the origin pre-order. But I suppose if you're VPN'ing you can? I don't care, just whoever creates needs to know what's up and needs to be in for the long haul :p
I'm on a slow connection don't know if I'll be done soon. Just better he do it cause its agreed upon.

Try UPS directly for tracking, mine says this:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 03/05/2013, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 03/06/2013, By End of Day

Having said that, mine's in Kentucky right now and I live near Seattle.

I did. There's no shipping updates, and the email I received last night said delivery was scheduled for Tuesday. Says Wednesday now. I'll go to Best Buy on the way home tomorrow and buy it and return my Amazon copy there so I can keep the credit.

Repgnar

I'm in Discovery Delta(1) but won't get my game until tomorrow afternoon since I ordered it from Amazon. I'll throw out friend invites tonight to whoever I don't have yet in the region and after I get it downloaded tomorrow i'll try and find who made the region for an invite. I still have no idea how I want to make my city but i'm pumped to start building.

Soi-Fong

Final update for those in Viridian Woods #2. I thought one of us was on since someone on my Origin is playing it. Wish I had pre-ordered through Amazon or some place that gives out keys faster. Last time I pre-order through Origin.

I'll be on whenever Origin lets us get on... playing the waiting game right now.

Changes are noted with BOLD/UNDERLINE.

* = No response to friend request on Origin yet.

I ordered from Amazon. Still don't have a key. Expecting one at midnight though.

JF0603

Neo Member
So I assume Origin codes will automatically show up @ 9 PM PST? Or are they emailed and then entered? First time, and last time, using Origin.

if your talking about amazon, then they email your code at 12AM pst (3am EST).
Does anyone know whether you can begin preloading off origin (without a vpn) if you bought through the origin client?

Phreaker

Viridian Woods 3

Territory - GAF - Origin

Bamberg Basin - MKAllDay - MKAllDay
Burghausen Hills - MrCompletely - Dronehouse
Figaro Forest - DEO3 - DEOThree
Gaugin Valley - Phreaker - Phreakerz
Giovanni Woods - B-Dex - BDex84
Hohenburg Shores - Hambone - xHambone
Lancaster Pointe - mavs - hrekka
Matisse Plains - Rad- - Joninder
Monet Plateau - Gaming Truth - Ccl97* (is this supposed to be lccl97?)
Rousseau Flats - ostinatto - forsakenwins
Straussburg Isles - Dork Knight - Maxis_MD
Tosca Cliffs - TheGreyHulk - achilles_steel
Traviata Knoll - Spookie - tehspookeh
Tudor Isle - Herpes Reasons - viakado
Wessex Bend - fugimax - fugimax
Yorkshire Cliffs - Faceache - andred78

I sent friend requests out to y'all. Who's starting our region and what's it going to be called?

georgc

has anyone elses preparing to download been taking like 40 minutes? I closed my VPN after it started was I supposed to wait?
WAIT!!! It should be DLing check your network activity.

Also what's the download size for this game I'm only at 3% it will take forever.

BearPawB

Banned
I am so sick of cynicism in gaming.
Nothing is ever fun.
Nothing is ever good.
Everything is bad.
Everything is evil.
It is exhausting.

Phreaker

I am so sick of cynicism in gaming.
Nothing is ever fun.
Nothing is ever good.
Everything is bad.
Everything is evil.
It is exhausting.

But I love loving things, so I'm pretty excited still and I've watched too much footage already. :) Even played some SimCity 4 this weekend in anticipation.

Top Bottom