• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Megasoum

Banned
Bah I get ingame but then it's "unable to load city"....

And btw, those 3 city sets you get for 20 extra bucks in the deluxe edition.....they are 10$ each in the store lol...yay for EA!

Edit: wtf lol... They were 9.99$ when I checked the store ingame but when I check in my origin list they are actualy 13$ lol..wtf

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Stay out of the review thread.

And for the new page... Viridian 1 needs a name still.

Prometheus (since another region is named Tantalus?)

Gaftopia (GAF-Utopia, cheesy but w/e)

Uh... I'll try think of more?

Any deals on the game? It looks awesome, but I can't pay $60 for games anymore.

Note: I already used the CAGROCKS code on Amazon for Tomb Raider.

I'm in the same boat, buddy. I love some Sim City but I've never paid more than $20 for a Sim City game so $60 is a bit out of my price range. I didn't even jump on The Sims 3 until it hit the $30 range.
just check green man gaming. They have a voucher up to get the game for around 40 bucks.

BearPawB

Banned
stay off of neogaf, more like.

I know. It really pains me to read posts sometimes.
It is always so negative. Games are supposed to be fun. Right?
I am not saying people have to love everything. but people enter ever conversation with shit talk. People don't post what they know, they post complete BS just for the stake of starting shit.

People's default stance is anger and cynicism. The gaming community at large is completely negative. The Wii U sucks. The Vita sucks. The xbox sucks, the PS4 sucks.

Sorry for getting off topic. I am just so bored of it all...

N-Bomb

Looking at the Mac system requirements, and I see this:

NVIDIA 9400M/ Intel HD3000

and I have this:

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I have no idea about any of this stuff anymore. My computer is this. Would it run?

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB

It will run fine on that.

I am not saying people have to love everything. but people enter ever conversation with shit talk. People don't post what they know, they post complete BS just for the stake of starting shit.

People's default stance is anger and cynicism. The gaming community at large is completely negative. The Wii U sucks. The Vita sucks. The xbox sucks, the PS4 sucks.

I think you need to step back and think about your investment to this.

Yes games are supposed to be fun.

But they are just games. Don't let it control your mood and stuff negatively.

Smiley90

I don't think Games take his mood down, it's how people always find something to complain about, whatever news are announced.

Think of it like "sharp knees" from OT.

BearPawB

Banned

haha fair enough. It doesn't effect my real life mood. but it sure effects my mood when I am on the internet! And that is probably my fault.

yogloo

This game is amazing. Digital crack just like how I remembered it. I was worried about the city size too but all the worries went away as I was playing. The social side of this game is good. This is like a better version of simcity 3000 where your neighbours are actually real people.

Megasoum

Banned
lol the game is suggesting me a bunch of games with Korean names. I did the tutorial, the game runs much better than during beta 1. I think I'm too tired for that tonight tho, I'll go relax and play some TR.

I have a question. I keep having issues where my industrial areas get filled up with stuff, but they aren't clickable, and don't look like actual buildings. Why is this happening? Demand is showing as high for industrial.

There are some very valid concerns and some tough compromises and business decisions surrounding this game that will be rightfully discussed. It doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had. Hyperbole and some nasty argument tactics are what make things get ugly, but if you let that stuff get to you, the Internet is going to kill you.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I have a question. I keep having issues where my industrial areas get filled up with stuff, but they aren't clickable, and don't look like actual buildings. Why is this happening? Demand is showing as high for industrial.

You have industrial trying to build, but the construction trucks are stuck in traffic

Pachinko

If this were twitter I'd favorite that , hopefully the servers are working by the time I can play this

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok, I played enough of this game today to figure this shit out.

If anybody needs a new neighbor in any gaf section, just lemme know. :p

saunderez

I don't think Games take his mood down, it's how people always find something to complain about, whatever news are announced.

Think of it like "sharp knees" from OT.

Yeah that's the way I feel about GAF recently, there's so much overwhelming negativity over every possible subject that theres little room for optimism or even an opposing viewpoint. Look at poor Tricky over in the Tomb Raider threads, guy loves the game (and I agree with him) and he's been piled on a lot for his opinion. If it wasn't for the fact there are some people on here I genuinely like I'd leave and never come back.

StUnNeR H2K

Haven't been this pumped for a release in a long time. Was only a teenager when the last Simcity released. Played the SNES version for hours and hours as a kid.

I was dissapointed initially at the city size, but after playing in the betas I was very pleased at the depth that exist. Also the possibility of just controlling an entire private region on my own will easily fulfill the need for a larger city.

The waiting game is killing me....

Smiley90

Can you take a picture? Press c when ingame

Can't wait to see the GAF regions develop. I think I'm going to try solo for a while. I've been researching real world traffic flow in motorway networks and actual civic planning theory and layouts all day. A video game hasn't gotten its fingers wrapped around me in this way in years.

Smiley90

Dont want to jinx it but I am doing pretty well so far! Got a decent amount of cash and my Sims seem happy. 17,000 odd so far.

If Beta 3 has taught me anything, it's that bad planning (traffic, and then everything else like dominos) falls apart once you hit 60-100k :p good luck!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Can't wait to see the GAF regions develop. I think I'm going to try solo for a while. I've been researching real world traffic flow in motorway networks and actual civic planning theory and layouts all day. A video game hasn't gotten its fingers wrapped around me in this way in years.

I know what you mean. In SC4, fixing traffic was fairly straightforward.

SC5 takes it to a whole 'nother level.

doodle

I've been trying to avoid media coverage of this and I'm sure that this has been answered already, but what are the circles on MetalMurphy's maps?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If Beta 3 has taught me anything, it's that bad planning (traffic, and then everything else like dominos) falls apart once you hit 60-100k :p good luck!

My population is in one hell of a decline (from 94 to 54k) and I have no idea why. Everybody is happy, everybody wants to live in my city, I have no idea what's happening.

I'm improving my area value because the rich people want to move in, but the poor people don't leave.. :p Maybe that's why?

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
Haven't been this pumped for a release in a long time. Was only a teenager when the last Simcity released. Played the SNES version for hours and hours as a kid.

I was dissapointed initially at the city size, but after playing in the betas I was very pleased at the depth that exist. Also the possibility of just controlling an entire private region on my own will easily fulfill the need for a larger city.

The waiting game is killing me....

Same as me. I played SimCity a ton on the SNES when I was a teenager. I never really played the others SimCities, so I am stoked.

Can you take a picture? Press c when ingame

Spark_2013-03-04_20-53-55.png

All those lots with fences around them and some storage containers or whatever. WTF? (Not including the building that's in progress in the top center).

StUnNeR H2K

I had this same issue in the third beta. No clue what it was but thought it might develop eventually and never did. Wasn't classified as abandoned, and I couldn't select it. It may have been due to pushing up taxes on low industrial places.

Smiley90

My population is in one hell of a decline (from 94 to 54k) and I have no idea why. Everybody is happy, everybody wants to live in my city, I have no idea what's happening.

I'm improving my area value because the rich people want to move in, but the poor people don't leave.. :p Maybe that's why?

Are you sure you didn't accidentally miss a zombie apocalypse? :p Decimated my population TWICE in the beta to about 1/4th the original size.

I don't know how well this game will run on my laptop (I sold off my desktop as I'm hopping around between US and Canada).

It's a first gen i7 720qm with an ATI 5730 mobile GPU and 16 gigs of RAM. I'm thinking my video card may be an issue.

mavs

Those look like props (obsolete term) for the industrial buildings around them? Are the actual buildings clickable?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Spark_2013-03-04_20-53-55.png

All those lots with fences around them and some storage containers or whatever. WTF? (Not including the building that's in progress in the top center).

Aren't those supplemental filler objects for your other industrial buildings? I guess if they really bother you that much, you can bulldoze 'em. Or you might have to bulldoze the surrounding buildings to get rid of em

Pyrogeek

Final update for those in Viridian Woods #2. I thought one of us was on since someone on my Origin is playing it. Wish I had pre-ordered through Amazon or some place that gives out keys faster. Last time I pre-order through Origin.

I'll be on whenever Origin lets us get on... playing the waiting game right now.

Changes are noted with BOLD/UNDERLINE.

* = No response to friend request on Origin yet.

I will respond once I get home and online tonight, which won't be until after 10pm PST. I've accepted all the friend requests I had received as of last night, so should be able to accept yours once I login and be good to go.

Top Bottom