• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

StUnNeR H2K

I don't know how well this game will run on my laptop.

It's a first gen i7 720m with an ATI 5730 mobile GPU and 16 gigs of RAM. I'm thinking my video card may be an issue.

Shouldn't have any issues. Might not be able to at max, but will run smooth at low to mid settings.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Spark_2013-03-04_20-53-55.png

All those lots with fences around them and some storage containers or whatever. WTF? (Not including the building that's in progress in the top center).

These remind me of freight storage. They store what your industrial sector produces (should fill up with white "boxes"/containers?), which you can sell to the global market once you get the special trade specialization buildings going.

At least that's what they COULD be, off the top of my head.

Aren't those supplemental filler objects for your other industrial buildings? I guess if they really bother you that much, you can bulldoze 'em. Or you might have to bulldoze the surrounding buildings to get rid of em

No clue what they are. You can't select them or anything. Really annoying.

Jedi2016

No clue what they are. You can't select them or anything. Really annoying.
You can't select them directly, but if they're just part of one of the buildings next to it, it would make sense that you couldn't. The only way to be sure would be to bulldoze the buildings around it and see if it goes away. Or just upgrade the roads and let it go high-density.. they look like the sort of thing you'd see in a lower-end industrial area.

Those look like props (obsolete term) for the industrial buildings around them? Are the actual buildings clickable?

I had this in beta - it seemed linked to the size of an industrial plot. If it's too small, it gets used as a junkfill. I didn't have a single industrial plot except for one corner of one intersection, and on it sprung up a shitty vacant lot with a propane tank.

I've been trying to avoid media coverage of this and I'm sure that this has been answered already, but what are the circles on MetalMurphy's maps?
I'm just gonna guess at what they are, but the game regions allow multiple cities to work together to build large projects, I'm guessing those circles are where the large projects can be built.

These remind me of freight storage. They store what your industrial sector produces (should fill up with white "boxes"/containers?), which you can sell to the global market once you get the special trade specialization buildings going.

At least that's what they COULD be, off the top of my head.

I don't think so, they don't ever change or anything.

You can't select them directly, but if they're just part of one of the buildings next to it, it would make sense that you couldn't. The only way to be sure would be to bulldoze the buildings around it and see if it goes away. Or just upgrade the roads and let it go high-density.. they look like the sort of thing you'd see in a lower-end industrial area.

Before I would have an entire block of those buildings (3 of them) with nothing else there. The roads are already medium density. I got some more next to high density roads too.

Unicorn

I don't see the reviews in the OP. How is this? I haven't played SimCity since the original on a school computer in elementary.

Smiley90

Server location. NA West, NA East, Europe, etc.
There's a review thread, but it's a little sketchy in there.

How so? I haven't looked into yet, not planning on it :lol. Is everyone bashing the game or what?

StUnNeR H2K

Server location. NA West, NA East, Europe, etc.
There's a review thread, but it's a little sketchy in there.

I don't think server locations will matter much. We aren't playing a FPS here so latency isn't going to be an issue. Whoever creates a GAF region will need to let them know the server they choose.

Smiley90

VPN tactic isn't working for me, it gives me an error... oh well. :( It says my game unlocks at 9pm though, not at midnight, despite being from GMG, so I hope I get to play at 9!

Fixed1979

How so? I haven't looked into yet, not planning on it :lol. Is everyone bashing the game or what?
There was some "interesting" conversations happening earlier today. It might have calmed down since then though.
I don't think server locations will matter much. We aren't playing a FPS here so latency isn't going to be an issue. Whoever creates a GAF region will need to let them know the server they choose.
Pretty sure you're right and it'll be fine regardless.

Mobius 1

I apologize in advance for the repeat question, but I'm away from a desktop computer.

When is it going to unlock tonight? 9PM ET or PT? Did EA let you preload it via Origin?

Salsa

I was reaaaaaaally looking forward to this but it caught me on a bad time money-wise. Good to hear it's good though, cant wait to get it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Damn, Amazon won't be sending keys out until 12 Pacific? Come on now, I really won't be playing until mid day tomorrow then.

RoKKeR

Does anybody have experience with pre-ordering a PC download from GameStop? As in what times they usually unlock. It just says 3/5 for me.

Top Bottom