• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

FINALBOSS

Banned
Europe west. I completely forgot about the whole server thing I hope that's okay :p

Do servers really matter? I though the server is just where we personally connect to and that everything (being regions) were world-wide and intertwined. Like if I'm in your region I can connect to US East and join the region just fine.

Do servers really matter? I though the server is just where we personally connect to and that everything (being regions) were world-wide and intertwined. Like if I'm in your region I can connect to US East and join the region just fine.

Thats what I though as well, that's why I didn't pay much attention to it.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Titan Gorge #2 people--who is making the region?

It looks like storybrook77 is already in and playing the game (bastard!) so maybe he should make the region?

RedWaltz79

Neo Member

It may affect how fast your data moves back and forth between your machine and the server, just like an MMO server.

I'm drawing a blank... GAF-VW3. Are the leadboards for region too? You know we will be on top with your mad mayoring skills, so we need GAF in it no?
heh. i'll drive this region to the ground.
region created for viridian woods 3.
region name is GAF-VW3
origin name:viakado

send me a friends request on origin.

Hip Hop

Does anyone know if this game has a true Sandbox mode?

Can I set my money to infinite, and buy and upgrade my city as I see fit?

The reason I want this game is only for the Sandbox mode, so I'm hoping it is like so.

Phreaker

heh. i drive this region to the ground.
region name is GAF-VW3

Sweet! First GAF region?

Viridian Woods 3
Region name: GAF-VW3
Send viakado a friend request

Territory - GAF - Origin

Bamberg Basin - MKAllDay - MKAllDay
Burghausen Hills - MrCompletely - Dronehouse
Figaro Forest - DEO3 - DEOThree
Gaugin Valley - Phreaker - Phreakerz
Giovanni Woods - B-Dex - BDex84
Hohenburg Shores - Hambone - xHambone
Lancaster Pointe - mavs - hrekka
Matisse Plains - Rad- - Joninder
Monet Plateau - Gaming Truth - Ccl97* (is this supposed to be lccl97?)
Rousseau Flats - ostinatto - forsakenwins
Straussburg Isles - Dork Knight - Maxis_MD
Tosca Cliffs - TheGreyHulk - achilles_steel
Traviata Knoll - Spookie - tehspookeh
Tudor Isle - Herpes Reasons - viakado
Wessex Bend - fugimax - fugimax
Yorkshire Cliffs - Faceache - andred78

first to start off.
first region to go abandoned due to overspending!

I've been going for a good 3 or 4 hours :p

Also a nice bit of riverside property. I'm having a power crisis though, need to engineer some space for some more solar arrays.

riverside4zqm3.png

Hambone

heh. i'll drive this region to the ground.
region name is GAF-VW3

Awesome, will send the friend request. I ordered a boxed copy via Amazon, so I probably will not be on until tomorrow night (PST).

Once we're in-game and all in our region is there a chat interface for everyone to talk to each other? Any type of in-game communication?

notsol337

marked forever
Origin pre-order keys cannot come fast enough! Must... be... best... mayor... aurargahr. I even broke my 3 year long EA boycott for this game!

Awesome, will send the friend request. I ordered a boxed copy via Amazon, so I probably will not be on until tomorrow night (PST).

Once we're in-game and all in our region is there a chat interface for everyone to talk to each other? Any type of in-game communication?

there's in game communication.
its pretty easy to talk to your friends/neighbors.
btw, i've sent friend invites to everyone in VW3.
just send me a message on origin when you have the game and i'll send you an invite

jschreier

So in about an hour and a half, everyone will have to simultaneously download SimCity. This sounds like it will go very smoothly.

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
I think I will just go to sleep and wakeup around 1am, when the Amazon.com code is available, start the download and go back to sleep... that way I can play a little before work tomorrow.

Jintor

Woah when did it become the fifth of march so quickly? Brain still thinking it's Feb... Good golly. I'm not going to get any work done tonight... After it downloads.

Thank timezones! Should be ready when I get home from uni.

Phreaker

there's in game communication.
its pretty easy to talk to your friends/neighbors.
btw, i've sent friend invites to everyone in VW3.
just send me a message on origin when you have the game and i'll send you an invite

Can you send me an invite if I have the game in my Origin Library? (not active yet)

So in about an hour and a half, everyone will have to simultaneously download SimCity. This sounds like it will go very smoothly.

Right? And then everyone logging :) This weekend will be fun.

Probably the same time Origin gives out codes.

Bite your tongue! If I stay up till midnight to start download I better have my key at midnight.

Ceebs

Last time I ever buy something from Origin directly. I could have saved money and gotten the game downloaded already. The lack of a preload for Origin preorders is asinine.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I cancelled my preorder and bought a micro indoor helicopter. Maybe after the mac version drops I'll pick it up.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the EA servers can hold up for yall tomorrow.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So water sources renew? If not, I might have a problem in my city... :D

No they don't :p But they last quite a while, you'll eventually have to re-place everything though :p or someone else in the region needs to start tapping into their water reserves!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, how are GAF regions forming at the moment? I guess I'll be able to finally start getting the game in an hour... thanks Origin.

Is it possible to have a city provide industrial for another city in a region? I see how it will let you do it for resources, but it looks like no matter what I'm stuck with having a ton of pollution spewing factories and stuff?

Top Bottom