• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

StUnNeR H2K

... and 36 minutes after expected release I get a email with the key. No way they could have just sent that earlier today? Right? Why the hell would they stagger the emails... oh that's right! To stagger the pressure of everyone downloading... duh.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm going to take a page out of the Diablo release and suggest setting your local time ahead :p

Edit: Actually, if you check the Origin store, the Limited edition shows as pre-order while the Digital Deluxe says downloadable. Their site's all messed up

krpiper

... and 36 minutes after expected release I get a email with the key. No way they could have just sent that earlier today? Right? Why the hell would they stagger the emails... oh that's right! To stagger the pressure of everyone downloading... duh.

From Amazon?

Spl1nter

#37 on global petroleum leaderboard!!! #40 wealth leaderboard!!! I shall value this singular moment before more people start playing.

FINALBOSS

Banned
SimCity, I want you inside me. let me download.

Btw guys, my buddies just came back from Gamestop where they picked up a physical copy. Popped in the code and immediately started downloading.....................gg

StUnNeR H2K

From Amazon?

No Origin. Seems those that pre-ordered through Origin, they are doing a staggered release of codes to accounts. Sad that EA/Origin the publisher can't even provide the best solution to getting the game.

The biggest mistake was NOT allowing folks to pre-load. The sad part is they knew exactly how many pre-orders they had, isn't that the entire point of pre-orders? Atleast it would make sense for the publisher to look at pre-order sales to better plan a release...

StUnNeR H2K

I preordered through Origin in October and still can't download.

Okay... so that confirms they are not sending emails out in a priority based on who pre-ordered first. I pre-ordered in January. I could easily understand having a priority setup to dish out emails/codes based on those who pre-ordered first.

I'm terrified of what's going to happen to the game servers once everyone is downloaded and trying to connect to them. Should be entertaining.

This is probably why the keys are being staggered.
EA is letting its business partners go first so they don't endure the customer service BS and sour relationships. EA happily takes the heat from customers and just ignores them.

Pre-ordered through Origin
oOjYjrU.jpg

Top Bottom