• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

UberTag

So are you guys sending 1 nerd per attack? Or as many as you can to shorten the hours?

Not sure which one is the smarter strategy. On one hand, increasing the # of nerds doesn't increase the rewards, but it decreases the chance that a player will defend their building in time.
I'm going to focus on single nerd attacks on friends who've remained idle the longest.
Seems like the best strategy.

Vargas

How do I use a Cheater? Want to get that off the list, I have tapped on the screen but it the quest finished box didn't pop up.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Does anyone know how to defend using a cheater's 20 dice? I've used one by tapping on my town while it was being attacked but it did not complete the task. I attacked and defended.

luso

Hello, started to playing this some days ago (just on time for this latest update). My username is grinderius. Hopefully I can add someone from here if you don't mind, candidates?

UberTag

Does anyone know how to defend using a cheater's 20 dice? I've used one by tapping on my town while it was being attacked but it did not complete the task. I attacked and defended.
Make sure you have shields on some of your houses to show they're being attacked and in need of defending.
Go to your inventory and use a cheater or click the cheater button at the top right of the screen. Believe either will work.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Hmm, looks like
Bender (from Futurama)
makes an appearance during one of the quests. I wouldn't mind
Futurama
characters/stuff in an event.

Make sure you have shields on some of your houses to show they're being attacked and in need of defending.
Go to your inventory and use a cheater or click the cheater button at the top right of the screen. Believe either will work.

Yeah, I did that. I went to the forums and a lot of other people are having the same problem. Seems like a widespread bug.

UberTag

Hmm, looks like
Bender (from Futurama)
makes an appearance during one of the quests. I wouldn't mind
Futurama
characters/stuff in an event.
I've already run into that bit.
It's part of the Clash of Clones tasklist when you have Barbarian Homer go on elixir benders.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So I'm still trying to play this through crashes at least every 5 minutes. One thing I'm confused about though: are the "Invaders" other random players not from your friend list or just randomly generated towns?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I'm still trying to play this through crashes at least every 5 minutes. One thing I'm confused about though: are the "Invaders" other random players not from your friend list or just randomly generated towns?

Pretty sure they're randoms not on your list. The rewards are lower for attacking friends list players, I'm guessing to cut down on people working together and/or using multiple accounts to not defend attacks and guarantee getting the full rewards.

krae_man

I can't tell what kind of pace is needed to unlock everything. The more you level stuff, the more they earn. But the more you progress through story, the more money sinks you acquire.

At least the character upgrades that require Gold don't spend it so upgrading characters doesn't slow down your progression towards unlocking everything. Currently I have 3 buildings that require elixirs to upgrade.

Geniuzz

This update looks to be quite fun... Just started attacking this morning.
Looking forward to see what other stuff is out thar!

I wouldn't give up, maybe try again, but I have heard fairly good things about their CS for Tapped Out.

Worst case, you could always have someone at reddit help you recover the lost items if you want to go down path as well.

I guess you were right, since my post they contacted me and gave me the donuts I was missing. Pretty cool after all. I stand corrected.

I really don't see why they are stretching this event out to mid October. I'm well over halfway through the prize list already.

You guys saying they will add more content over time are just speculating. I'm still scratching my head.

krae_man

I really don't see why they are stretching this event out to mid October. I'm well over halfway through the prize list already.

You guys saying they will add more content over time are just speculating. I'm still scratching my head.

Considering the top prize requires 39k gold. It will probably take the entire time to get there.

UberTag

Considering the top prize requires 39k gold. It will probably take the entire time to get there.
39K gold? Ick. And I'm only at mid-4,000.
On the bright side, having 3 fully upgraded castles producing nerds should speed the process along nicely.
It's just a bit of an elixir grind at the start to get them to that state.

krae_man

How do you have enough elixers already to have the castles fully upgraded but way less gold then me?

My main is only at level 10 and the others are at level 7 and 6 ish and gold wise I'm coming up on 6500.

UberTag

How do you have enough elixers already to have the castles fully upgraded but way less gold then me?

My main is only at level 10 and the others are at level 7 and 6 ish and gold wise I'm coming up on 6500.
Oh, I'm not saying I'm there yet. Just that it'll be a speedier process once I am.
I haven't even gotten Bart's castle fully built yet.

PSA: when I acquired enough gold for the Elixir Bundle, I did not receive my 4k elixir, so I put in a ticket with EA support and they granted me the 4k elixir and 5 donuts for the inconvenience.

UberTag

Seems like this is a general issue for everyone.
You guys are making me not want to advance my gold count beyond 9,500 until it's fixed.
And yet I'll probably clear that plateau tomorrow.

scottnak

Seems like this is a general issue for everyone.
You guys are making me not want to advance my gold count beyond 9,500 until it's fixed.
And yet I'll probably clear that plateau tomorrow.

I have a nagging feeling if you clear it tomorrow you MAY be ok.
Since Wednesdays are when you can actually buy elixirs, the coding might be dependant on that.

Regardless, I got a reply back with the missing elixir, but I didn't get any donuts, rather an extra 10% worth of elixir (4400 total) Oh well.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Not sure if they changed something, but I haven't crashed all day, and it seems to start a little faster too. Hopefully it stays that way.

krae_man

PSA: when I acquired enough gold for the Elixir Bundle, I did not receive my 4k elixir, so I put in a ticket with EA support and they granted me the 4k elixir and 5 donuts for the inconvenience.

Update changed the bonus from 4000k elixir to 1000. Least it looks that way. It's no longer a silhouette of the truck, it's the 3 bottles.

luso

^ So there were people who got 4000 before that? Bummer.
Progress is now slower, any strategies you use for the attacks? Without using donuts/cheaters, that is.

I always attack strangers, and use one nerd per attack and only use cheaters on castles.

It's worked out pretty well. And I'm bored with this event already.

Won

One by one to strangers works well for me, but it's also really tedious at this point. Should be finished by next week though. After that I will probably just ignore the whole thing.

kris.

Banned
lordy lordy i just won the dog races again for the second day in a row. all dat land purchasing.

also, yeah i'm really tired of this event. and it's going on for another 39 or so days. that sucks.

krae_man

Only do ransoms because they have the best payouts. Save cheaters for castles. Put 5 or 6 nerds per attack. Normally brings the timer down to 5-6 hours. Any more and people are way more likely to tap in time IMO.

Won

Finished the reward track. Meh event with meh rewards. Glad I'm already done with it. :/

Maybe it's always like that and I just don't know it, since I only started recently, but the Stonecutter stuff was just more well rounded.

JoeM86

Finished the reward track. Meh event with meh rewards. Glad I'm already done with it. :/

Maybe it's always like that and I just don't know it, since I only started recently, but the Stonecutter stuff was just more well rounded.

Yeah, it has started to grow a bit tiresome for me, also

SmokyDave

I've enjoyed the Family Guy comiccon event much more than this which is surprising.
I don't know why, but I've found myself gravitating over to Family Guy. I still log in and check my Springfield now 'n' then, but I'm not really trying to work through quests or gain rewards any more. Family Guy, though, for some reason is gripping me.

I don't know why, but I've found myself gravitating over to Family Guy. I still log in and check my Springfield now 'n' then, but I'm not really trying to work through quests or gain rewards any more. Family Guy, though, for some reason is gripping me.

Same here. The collection method is way easier and less time-consuming, too, as the FG system prioritizes popping buildings over collecting popped rewards.

I'm sure Tapped Out will win us all back eventually, most likely in the Halloween event next month, but IMO they really dropped the ball with this rather dull event.

fisheyes

There's also a whole bunch of 'new' items which are really just recolours of things, but they are good to have, plus the added the two storey outhouse for like 300 elixir, which is brilliant.

Top Bottom