• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Yay glitch

VaruEXK.jpg

Do the crafting materials carry over to the next event? I've got enough to make a 2nd apartment complex, but don't want to burn through all my capes if they'll be getting used again.

I was wondering this too...highly doubtful though, if Halloween 2014 is anything to go by. We really know next to nothing about the next phase. I'm expecting some more free and premium buildings and characters (including Radioactive Man himself), but I am not expecting to craft anything else.

krae_man

Just got the collider or whatever he's called.

6000 freeze rays per donut bonus. Should be able to get 6 of those before the issue ends.

2 bonuses part 1
10 bonuses part 2
6 bonuses part 3
20 free st Patrick's day donuts

That's about 75 free donuts this event. Not too shabby. Got one Norman level bonus and a sideshow you bonus as well.

Paid for The Homer!

I was wondering this too...highly doubtful though, if Halloween 2014 is anything to go by. We really know next to nothing about the next phase. I'm expecting some more free and premium buildings and characters (including Radioactive Man himself), but I am not expecting to craft anything else.

You end up with so much excess, it's a bit odd. I've got all the buildings crafted along with a phone booth and still have:

171 lock picks
19 capes
1 handcuff (just built the store front)
140 red phones

5 days left and I should be able to get enough handcuffs again for another building.

Edit - seems there are no concerns with this on the official forums, time to craft some more buildings :)

This Star Trek event on Family Guy is a lot better than the superhero stuff.

I had to quit Family Guy. Having all characters doing tasks at all times just got WAY too tedious. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Tapped Out doesn't require you to put anybody on tasks outside of quests.

UberTag

I had to quit Family Guy. Having all characters doing tasks at all times just got WAY too tedious. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Tapped Out doesn't require you to put anybody on tasks outside of quests.
But I like keeping my peeps on tasks. They get fun animations for visitors that way.
I just don't tap them off tasks unless I need them for something.

krae_man

With tapped out I normally do a 12 hour and a 8 hour for everyone. Takes doesn't take too long now that it remembers what the last quest length you did was and defaults that to the top.

Chanser

Managed to squeeze out more donuts during the final hours of issue 3.

Seems issue 4 will remove craftable buildings, so crafted a shit load of phone booths.

krae_man

I ended up with 5 apartment buildings, 2 lofts and 2 storefronts. I only did one phone booth because I didn't want my inventory clogged with that crap. I already have 150 leprechaun statues in there when I bought then to level without realizing I couldn't sell them back.

Hellers

Looks like a really dull 6 days guys incoming guys. :( Still at least we got deecent rewards this event.

Family Guy is currently killing it with the Star Trek update

Jme

Pretty much all the event stuff from 1-3 have stopped (criminals, convicts crafting, etc).

Starts with a 4 hour build again.

And now a 4 hour battle (at least)
You'll need all 5 "free" heroes free (at least) once the 4 hour build is done

Hellers

Some of the regular characters can do the fight too. Moe, Flanders and some others who I can't remember

*Edit* Specific skins it turns out

Heroes: Bartman, The Collector, Fallout Boy, Pie Man, Clownface, Fruit-Bat-Man, Plopper, Ice Princess Martin, Moog (Moe), Sidekick Milhouse, Stupid Sexy Flanders (Ned)

Looks like a really dull 6 days guys incoming guys. :( Still at least we got deecent rewards this event.

Family Guy is currently killing it with the Star Trek update

Yeah, the Star Trek update is quite slick. I hope they do Star Wars too, at some point.

Anyway, I love how all of the heroes are animated when attacking the statue (cough cough attacking Yeti in Family Guy), and I'm really excited to finally get Radioactive Man himself when it's finished!

AleeN634

Can't complain too much about the event. Made back all the donuts I spent on Bartman with the bonuses and the St. Patrick's day gift. Shame they don't do the community rewards anymore, I kinda liked the idea of everyone contributing to something.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is the event done after Radioactive Man relaxes at home for eight hours? Seems kinda anti-climactic.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is the event done after Radioactive Man relaxes at home for eight hours? Seems kinda anti-climactic.

Maybe something else will trigger when the countdown timer is up? Though it goes away once you get through the end of the quest chain.

krae_man

I got blue haired lawyer as well.

Other changes I noticed:

-you can buy tons of previous easter content for donuts.
-trading donuts for cash now varies based on level. You get the old amount + an amount that is determined by your level. Eg level 50 gets 4.7 mil for 1600 donuts instead of 500k.
-new mystery box is only for april.
-Canadian donuts cost approx 15% more now.

krae_man

Lard Lad Donuts: 2%,
Blue Haired Lawyer: 14%,
Kearney: 7%,
Springfield Tire Yard: 14%,
Channel 6 News Van: 7%,
Itchy Scratchy Billboard: 7%,
Squeaky Voiced Teen: 14%,
30 Donuts: 1%,
10 Donuts: 2%,
Chalmers' 1979 _ONDA: 7%,
Bomb Shelter: 7%,
Minnow Pond: 7%,
Khlav Kalash Stand: 7%,
Lemon Tree: 6%

Weird that all the better stuff has the better percentages(minus Lard Lad).

krae_man

Holy crap, they just made house farms too expensive to be viable. The amount of money a building costs goes up with each building you buy. If I want to buy another blue house,it would cost me $246,000.

They really, really want people buying cash with donuts. Even with the level based cash conversion rates, it's still not viable. It would cost you $150 wish for the $10mil aspirationals. Granted that's better then the $1500+ it would have cost before, but is anyone really doing that?

Edit: if you haven't updated yet, you can make some quick money by buying a ton of blue houses or whatever at 1800 each and sell them at the scaling higher rate. Either that or start a house farm before it becomes cost prohibitive.

krae_man

Holy crap these mystery boxes are great. Bought 7 of them and got:

Blue haired lawyer(freebie)
Channel 6 news van
30 donuts
_onda
Minnow pond
Klav Kalash stand
Kearny
30 donuts.

Up 18 donuts plus all that cool stuff.

Edit: bought 10 more. Got 40 donuts, Lard lad, two more news vans, Itchy and scratchy sign, and some crap. Down 2 donuts overall and I've got got everything I didn't have already. I'm done buying boxes. I'll take the free ones every 5th day now.

Won

Got the 3 characters, the tires and 40 donuts. Also only 2 "duds" with a pond and a klav stand. Oddly generous the whole thing.

TeddyBoy

The new mystery boxes are great, I went a little mad and spent about 50 donuts net on them (overall I would have spent quite a bit).

I managed to get:

Blue Haired Lawyer
Kearney
Lard Lads Donuts
SIX Itchy and Scratchy Bilboards
FIVE Channel Six News Vans

I must have gotten about four or five 30 donut prizes and just as many 10 donut prizes :)

I already had the Tire Fire and Squeaky Voiced Teen so overall I've got quite a bit for not too much :)

Javier

Used several donuts for the new Mystery Boxes and got:

- Tire Fire
- Two Khlav Kalash Stands
- Squeaky Voiced Teen
- Blue Haired Lawyer
- 10 Donuts
- Lard Lad Donuts
- Bomb Shelter
- I&S Billboard
- Lemon Tree
- Chalmers' '79 Honda
- Channel 6 Van
- Pond
- 30 Donuts

Not bad and still have 36 donuts to spare. Might use them later for more mystery boxes until I get Kearney.

I too bought a number of boxes, got Kearney, BHL, (already had squeaky), Lard Lads, Onda, Tire Fire, I&S billboard, some doughnuts, news van and a bomb shelter. Also got 1 minnow and 1 khavash but I think I got all the premium stuff which was worth way more than I spent so all good.

After the Easter Bonus I think I'm only like 30 doughnuts lower than before all the boxes. So Lard Lads alone covered the cost

Used my limited amount of donuts on mystery boxes and then nuked my town. Starting over to decide if I have enough interest in rebuilding and continuing with the game. So far I've made decent progress on the rebuild so I'm not done just yet.

The Mystery Boxes are pretty sweet now.

In my last 2 free ones I got the Tire Fire, and the Blue Haired Lawyer.

I decided to buy a few more. First 2, 30 donuts each. Bought 4 more got Lard Lads, Kearney, I&S Billboard, and another bomb shelter.

Can't complain, sure beats getting a free parking lot every time like before.

Top Bottom