• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sims 2 goes gold: first hands-on preview

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
According to Gamespy, The Sims 2 has gone gold. They received a pretty much final version of the game just prior to the weekend, and have reported back on it in this article:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-sims-2/540847p1.html

Sims don't make love, they make what's called "Woo hoo" (And lots of it, if I'm playing). The details of what precisely Woo Hoo is is left to the imagination, but it involves lots of giggling under the covers -- and at one point one of my Sims made a "Honk honk" noise.

Hehe. It looks and sounds great. The detail seems to be exceptional. Out September 17 - can't wait!

edit: a little pic..makes me wonder about how good the house building tools will be. they sound a lot better, but i look forward to trying them out myself:

the-sims-2-20040822090903355.jpg

B'z-chan

Banned
Cant wait to play it. Woo Hoo sounds great. I dont want babies so i'm gonna be wearing Woo hoo protection. I thought the game was coming out on the 14th though. Oh well.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Haha, I wonder if you can control whether a baby will happen or not. Frankly, it won't be too much of trouble for most of the couples I experiment with ;)

edit - got me thinking about whether woo hoo can result in a baby any time it happens. Then THAT got me thinking about whether teenage pregnancy is possible (which would make for an interesting twist)..I wonder what the downward age limit on woo hoo is. If they're going for physical accuracy, teenagers should be able to get pregnant :p

B'z-chan

Banned
OH MY GOD Its Sims 2: The Days

I can just see it now. Man now this should be cause some really funny experiments

Tritroid

Sims don't make love, they make what's called "Woo hoo" (And lots of it, if I'm playing). The details of what precisely Woo Hoo is is left to the imagination, but it involves lots of giggling under the covers -- and at one point one of my Sims made a "Honk honk" noise.

Yeah, that's the exact same thing they did in the Livin' Large expansion. They go under the covers, move around a lot, laugh, and then bark like a dog.

Sounds like Sims 2 is set to be drastically different than the original and its countless expansions.

Top Bottom