• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

If any of you guys are experiencing rollbacks and sound issues at low pings I would suggest changing the backgrounds to 2D instead. Just a heads up. I was getting a stupid amount of rollbacks and sound problems even against people with sub 80 pings. Changing the backgrounds helped a ton for some odd reason.

Edit: Also, there are some stupendously dumb people on the steam forums. There are lots of regular top hat wearing gents, but damn the dumb ones are denser than a bag of bricks.

Ravidrath

If any of you guys are experiencing rollbacks and sound issues at low pings I would suggest changing the backgrounds to 2D instead. Just a heads up. I was getting a stupid amount of rollbacks and sound problems even against people with sub 80 pings. Changing the backgrounds helped a ton for some odd reason.

Edit: Also, there are some stupendously dumb people on the steam forums. There are lots of regular top hat wearing gents, but damn the dumb ones are denser than a bag of bricks.

Hmm, you may want to write this up and report it, because I'm not sure that should be happening.

But could just be an artifact of playing against someone with a shitty machine? A lot of GGPO issues come into play when you start dealing with different machine configs.

El Sloth

Banned
Man, the discussions on the Steam community page are getting a little...toxic. People are just being overly hostile to each other. Plenty of hyperbole and "scrub" being thrown around.

Hmm, you may want to write this up and report it, because I'm not sure that should be happening.

But could just be an artifact of playing against someone with a shitty machine? A lot of GGPO issues come into play when you start dealing with different machine configs.
I'll report it only if I find that pattern to be a real problem. I guess I'll just switch to 3D and make a note of names/pings that give me rollbacks Then I'll switch to 2D and do the same.
Man, the discussions on the Steam community page are getting a little...toxic. People are just being overly hostile to each other. Plenty of hyperbole and "scrub" being thrown around.
I saw a lot of friendly and familiar faces trying to explain things and impart some knowledge for weeks now, but some people in there make threads and statements that clearly show they just want to vent instead of learn. Some people think they're hot stuff even when they don't get the basics and people in the know are starting to get twitchy.

I just stay out of it. The smart ones who want to learn come on gaf or find out about the irc. We've had those guys make the effort and they're the ones really worth talking to.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'll report it only if I find that pattern to be a real problem. I guess I'll just switch to 3D and make a note of names/pings that give me rollbacks Then I'll switch to 2D and do the same.

I saw a lot of friendly and familiar faces trying to explain things and impart some knowledge for weeks now, but some people in there make threads and statements that clearly show they just want to vent instead of learn. Some people think they're hot stuff even when they don't get the basics and people in the know are starting to get twitchy.

I just stay out of it. The smart ones who want to learn come on gaf or find out about the irc. We've had those guys make the effort and they're the ones really worth talking to.

I've only played like 2 good players on steam so far :( So I can kinda see where some are getting frustrated, when you run across them it's not even the same game.
My fucking controller died vs one of them and they got a comeback off it and FUCKING RAGE :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Every Cerebella I've played so far mashes super while getting combo'd. lol It's uncanny.

I adore the lightning fast loading. One of the reasons why I couldn't get that into the 360 version was the excessive loading. It really put a damper on trying to play the game with friends.

Dahbomb

The link after the L Fireball of Parasoul is not that hard, definitely not SF4 level.

Karst if you are having trouble with it, I press st.L after the other character has their butt sticking out (I was practicing against Squigly so that was my que).

However:

st.lk, cr.mk, cr.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, st.mp, 2xHP, lp tear shot, st.lp, st.mp, b.hk, RC soldier, j.lp, j.mk, j.hp, st.lk, st.mk, 2xHP, mp tear shot, any super
How the hell does the bold part combo?

Edit: OH I see the tear shot explosion allows the combo. I have been trying to do this part alone with just st.MP into b.HK.

Ok I can do all of that individually but I still mess up somewhere or the other. Going to need a couple of days to get this one a keyboard and even that's a maybe. But this combo does work for my needs.

Here's a quick c.MK combo

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HP, Seria Cancel
s.MP, s.HK
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Dragon Bite

This just made me go "OMG!"

Awesome combo, I need to practice this one. Any combos for Valentine? I'm maining Squigly and Valentine. I'm going to practice with them first then look for a third character.

I've only played like 2 good players on steam so far :( So I can kinda see where some are getting frustrated, when you run across them it's not even the same game.
My fucking controller died vs one of them and they got a comeback off it and FUCKING RAGE :lol
You think that sucks? I intentionally handicap myself with YoloBella on the beta when quick matching randomly so I don't blow away my opponents. The downside of this is what happens when I actually run into a beast. My ass gets whooped and the odds of me finding this person again are slim to none. The beta's online is the exact opposite of dead.

Edit: OH I see the tear shot explosion allows the combo. I have been trying to do this part alone with just st.MP into b.HK.
There ya go. That is the magic of Parasoul's napalm shots and tears. They stun like hell so it opens up new combos she could never do with just the RC soldier. That makes it an especially good assist
Ok I can do all of that individually but I still mess up somewhere or the other. Going to need a couple of days to get this one a keyboard and even that's a maybe. But this combo does work for my needs.
Break the combo up into sections and practice each a bunch. That combo incorporates pretty much all the fundamentals of Parasoul. You've got links, air chains, roman cancels, restands and even cross-up moves if you want to switch the third j.hp with spiral flare instead.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You think that sucks? I intentionally handicap myself with YoloBella on the beta when quick matching randomly so I don't blow away my opponents. The downside of this is what happens when I actually run into a beast. My ass gets whooped and the odds of me finding this person again are slim to none. The beta's online is the exact opposite of dead.

Don't handicap yourself! BURN THEM ALL

Dahbomb

I think first 2 games I played online I won because the other 2 guys were like really bad (throwing out random supers). Then I fought someone who just straight up styled on me. I pretty much suck at the game so I expected to be styled on so it was surprising to me that I fought people who were just starting out (some were playing like this was their first fighter).

You don't have problems finding matches and the netcode is insanely good... the game just lacks proper MM and some stat to show where you stand vs the person you are playing against. Also some stuff will be fixed with Lobbies.

And with the netcode this good I can't even blame losses on lag. I only played one game that was really laggy and that allowed me to get a scumbag win over Karst!

If anyone has a 4 pack key I will take one.

You and karst actually played each other?

o_O What's your guy's steam names?
Dahbomb and Karsticles.

My phone wants to autocorrect Dahbomb to raining or sagging.

The link after the L Fireball of Parasoul is not that hard, definitely not SF4 level.

Karst if you are having trouble with it, I press st.L after the other character has their butt sticking out (I was practicing against Squigly so that was my que).

However:

I can do the s.LP link easy, but s.MP is hard. Thanks for the tip. I think Parasoul might be moved to point on my team.

Dahbomb

Oh no I don't even bother with MP link. LP still drops in high intensity situations.

I just discovered Parasoul's instant overhead while messing around in training mode. jMK into either j.LK or j.HK into full combo. That shit is CHEAP!!!!

Right now I am just doing this easy mode combo:

j.HP cr.LK cr.MK cr.HP j.MP j.HP j.HK st.MP st.H, st.H Tear Shot L st.L st.M st. b+HK cr.MK cr.HP j.LP j.MK j.HP

I know I should be replacing the the final part with the Egret call cancel but that shit hasn't been put into the muscle memory yet. Plus the height of the bounce is barely enough to get those 3 air attacks in and I am definitely clueless as to what to do after it.

But hey that's way more than what I knew and could do yesterday.

wilflare

If anyone has a 4 pack key I will take one.

Dahbomb and Karsticles.

My phone wants to autocorrect Dahbomb to raining or sagging.

I can do the s.LP link easy, but s.MP is hard. Thanks for the tip. I think Parasoul might be moved to point on my team.

dropped you a PM, I have two copies left

alstein

I just saw Guitalex's Squiggly combo- the ground chain part of that has to be nerfed/gotten rid of/trigger IPS. It's just too much.

It's a full-out loop and it leads to ridiculous damage.

Ravidrath

We need one final judge to help run the PC beta tournament.

All you need to do is monitor an e-mail address we give you, and log match results in a Challonge Bracket.

PM me if you're interested!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just saw Guitalex's Squiggly combo- the ground chain part of that has to be nerfed/gotten rid of/trigger IPS. It's just too much.

It's a full-out loop and it leads to ridiculous damage.

Is this the qcf lk loop? :p People shouldnt nerf things I keep to myself

Ravidrath

PC beta tournament registration is closed.

There was some overflow, so we'll e-mail you if you didn't make the cut.

Since we finished so early, we're going to probably start the tournament a few days early.

PC beta tournament registration is closed.

There was some overflow, so we'll e-mail you if you didn't make the cut.

Since we finished so early, we're going to probably start the tournament a few days early.
While I'm not in charge, I think that starting the tournament early may be inadvisable. Not everyone's schedule is prepared to be shifted forward 3 days suddenly. Just my two cents.

Ravidrath

While I'm not in charge, I think that starting the tournament early may be inadvisable. Not everyone's schedule is prepared to be shifted forward 3 days suddenly. Just my two cents.

Well, the idea was just to extend it to give people more time for pools, not end it early.

TheOGB

Banned
20130805195736-NPC_Lineup3.jpg

furries confirmed, time to bail

But seriously, is that fucking Viking Jesus/Smooth McGroove over there on the right?

TheOGB

Banned
For some reason seeing that character just makes me want to see Alex's rendition of Jon Talbain and the rest of the Darkstalkers. I saw on his Tumblr he just did a Lilith commission for someone.

Edit: Everybody chill out
SG ferals > furries

joe2187

Banned
Wanna give a shout out to the Pacific region for not playing the game and allowing me and a friend to play a ton of matches.

I cant believe I'm saying this, but I might want to learn how to play Cerabella.

For some reason seeing that character just makes me want to see Alex's rendition of Jon Talbain and the rest of the Darkstalkers. I saw on his Tumblr he just did a Lilith commission for someone.

Edit: Everybody chill out
SG ferals > furries

Well he did this one for the DS tribute book....he seems to like Q Bee....good man.

Dahbomb

Is there a reason why in online matches if you play against off number teams you only fight one match? Can that be adjusted in the menu?

Is there a reason why in online matches if you play against off number teams you only fight one match? Can that be adjusted in the menu?
That's a core game rule. It has nothing to do with online matches. I've never really heard the justification for it, and it's not something I care for.

Top Bottom