• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Ravidrath

Just an heads-up...

Just got more of the limited-access beta codes from Valve, and will be distributing these to all IGG backers.

These are basically intended to be "buddy codes" to share with friends, but you're free to dole them out however you like. But try to give them to people you think will buy the game. ;P

Like the codes from the media sites, these will cease to function on August 22nd.

Just an heads-up...

Just got more of the limited-access beta codes from Valve, and will be distributing these to all IGG backers.

These are basically intended to be "buddy codes" to share with friends, but you're free to dole them out however you like. But try to give them to people you think will buy the game. ;P

Like the codes from the media sites, these will cease to function on August 22nd.

That CEO. :respect:

Ravidrath

Buddy beta codes are now available on IGG Backer's claim pages!

Edit: Getting reports that they're not actually up yet? Working it out with HB now.

Ardvent

Patch is a tad late, I think? Not unexpected given that a large feature may or may not release today.

Patches have been showing up around 9am, but I assume it's because they finish it up overnight and push it in the morning. I'm fine waiting until tonight if we get lobbies today.

Dahbomb

Q I didn't rage quit the battery on my laptop died. Will maybe come online at later time to play (and lose). I never rage quit.

I don't know shit about Squigly (actually I don't know shit about most every character) and I was getting hit by stuff all day. The analogy was correct though she is a 3S Chun Li, with a dive kick and a command grab hyper that leads into full combos. Was way different than how Karst played her which was more like a zoning character with stalking flare

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Q I didn't rage quit the battery on my laptop died. Will maybe come online at later time to play (and lose). I never rage quit.

I don't know shit about Squigly (actually I don't know shit about most every character) and I was getting hit by stuff all day. The analogy was correct though she is a 3S Chun Li, with a dive kick and a command grab hyper that leads into full combos. Was way different than how Karst played her which was more like a zoning character with stalking flare
I zone with her depends on the match up :D

This would be why I love all rounder characters <3 I can do what the fuck I want when I want :D

and that was the most unfortunate time for your battery to die, your laptop agreed with your final statement xD

As far as punishing divekicks the only character I know so far that can do it is cerabella, her command grab super beats squigly's

Dahbomb

Nah man I never rage quit. I am Doto player, nothing makes me mad anymore at least never enough to rage quit out of a game.

Just have to learn the characters and my options, work on confirms/combos. Too many times the cr.MK was not confirmed into launcher properly. I also at least got to try out one of my resets lol.

Ardvent

We doin' a GAF lobby when the update goes live?

I'm sure we'll have some up throughout the day (if only we could host Lobbies based on Steam Groups, looking at you Ravidrath).

The lobbies are being released today?
The last few patch notes have been hinting lobbies are coming this week, with yesterdays notes starting with,

"...one more day...!"

There was a 32 mb update pushed to the publicqa branch (private testing) but it looks like Labzero is working on some fixes before pushing lobbies to the public.

The Cowboy

Decided to take a dip today on this, have to say - I LOVE IT!.

It is very fun and I have to mirror what a lot of people have said, the tutorial system is absolutely fantastic - and the art in this is just glorious.

Very happy and at £11.99 this game is a bargain.

Nyoro SF

These god damn Seria Cancels.

Do you do QCF HP, then mash LP to get the cancel and the combo? Or are you man enough to mash MP and go for the trickier link?

EDIT: Is it just me, or is Squigly's stand fierce WAY slower?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
These god damn Seria Cancels.

Do you do QCF HP, then mash LP to get the cancel and the combo? Or are you man enough to mash MP and go for the trickier link?

EDIT: Is it just me, or is Squigly's stand fierce WAY slower?

dude to do seria cancel if you just press 2 punches or 2 kicks depending on what you have a charge with... it's brain dead easy :lol it's in her movelist!

Nyoro SF

dude to do seria cancel if you just press 2 punches or 2 kicks depending on what you have a charge with... it's brain dead easy :lol it's in her movelist!

I know but I didn't see a difference between two punches and a single punch cancel visually! This noob is good with your babby combo though, it might be the longest combo I can pull off successfully in my lifetime!

Well, it was my first time using Squigly, and I don't really get her like Q does even now.

Nah man I never rage quit. I am Doto player, nothing makes me mad anymore at least never enough to rage quit out of a game.

Just have to learn the characters and my options, work on confirms/combos. Too many times the cr.MK was not confirmed into launcher properly. I also at least got to try out one of my resets lol.
DotA is the most rage-inducing game alive because you can spend 45 minutes with complete morons and lose because they don't know what team work is. That's why I always first pick Lich or something and ward bitch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know but I didn't see a difference between two punches and a single punch cancel visually! This noob is good with your babby combo though, it might be the longest combo I can pull off successfully in my lifetime!

It recovers a few frames faster, which makes all the difference

DotA is the most rage-inducing game alive because you can spend 45 minutes with complete morons and lose because they don't know what team work is. That's why I always first pick Lich or something and ward bitch.

DOTA is a bad game to me for that reason. I don't like team games much.

Dahbomb

You have to pick a Mid (good early and late game) if you want to have a big impact on the game, sometimes even wards and buy courier yourself. Also play with friends/known people for maximum enjoyment.

There was a 100 minute DOTA 2 game at TI3 right now (longest in DOTA 2 history). It was ... something indeed.

hupla

Did mike talk about when we can expect lobbies on Salty? The past few patch notes made it seem like they'd be on Thursday but maybe there was a problem

Kioshen

Anybody know any good Val player to watch videos from ? I know Duckator plays her but who else ?

Since SH died there's not much technical read laying around now :(.

Sorry for the stupid question but what a bnb combo means?

Bread & Butter

Edit: My meaning of BnB is wayoff, so here's the meaning "Bread and Butter: A Combo that is generally regarded to be a standard Combo. Bread and Butter combos are character specific. Usually refers to Combos that are also Hit Confirms."

I got this from this site: http://www.option-select.com/strategy/article/?a=12

There are other terms there if you want to learn more.

I've been training a basic Squigly combo and I have some doubts. The combo is the following:

c.lp s.mk s.hk
j.mk j.hk Fallen Woman
Silver Cord Daisy Pusher Arpeggio

My doubts, should I finish the combo with Arpeggio or another move? Sometimes I notice I miss the Fallen Woman with Squigly landing a bit in front of the enemy, so the j.mk and j.hk need to be canceled early?

Tenck

I think Valentine is probably my favorite. So easy to pull combos off with her. Anyone have links to people that play her? I'm sure I can learn a thing or two by watching someone who isn't complete garbage like me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been training a basic Squigly combo and I have some doubts. The combo is the following:

c.lp s.mk s.hk
j.mk j.hk Fallen Woman
Silver Cord Daisy Pusher Arpeggio

My doubts, should I finish the combo with Arpeggio or another move? Sometimes I notice I miss the Fallen Woman with Squigly landing a bit in front of the enemy, so the j.mk and j.hk need to be canceled early?
Practice this

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HK (if no meter or you want to save it do c.MP, s.HK)
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

Once you have that down practice this
This video is sorta what it will look like but the stuff below is the updated version

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HP, Seria Cancel
c.MP, s.HK
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

Great ! If you have any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer it. I'm thinking of picking her up more seriously so I might have something better to suggest.

I got the combo down. Any other combos you have for Valentine because I'm pretty bad in coming up with combos. Actually I could come up with combos, but don't know how to extend them.

Top Bottom