• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Psxphile

The appearance of
Annie and Umbrella in that final shot
leads me to believe that Fukua is
nothing more than a physical manifestation of their combined anguish and despair at being pushed to the side. Fukua is their agent of revenge and its intention to infiltrate, replace and become the new Fillia is a reflection of their wants and desires: to be a part of the cast that has forsaken them.

Brain Drain was a red herring. This is the truth. This is what I believe (for now).

TheOGB

Banned
I'm love that we got three new tracks this update! I'm especially loving the Bath of Tefnut theme from the Beta.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBpwoZxlEyM
I really cannot get enough of these new tracks, especially The Dreams We Left Behind.

Nqd0oVW.gif
Yamane
eyzvUEK.gif

I really cannot get enough of these new tracks, especially The Dreams We Left Behind.

Nqd0oVW.gif
Yamane
eyzvUEK.gif

I know! If they release the soundtrack for us non-IGG backers to buy - day 1 for me.

Edit: I mean the soundtrack with all the new songs + Beowulf and Robo's stage themes, etc. I know the older soundtrack is on iTunes currently.

Mesoian

I ended up beating her through the strategic usage of mashing and american combos. Seriously, figuring out how to chain the 214 + HK with anything is super key.

Mesoian

Woof, I don't know about that Fuuka: J.HK,JMK, land, J.HK, J.MK, land, J.HK, J.MK --> Whatever the hell you want that does about 40% damage on it's own as a startup. That mess is kinda nuts.

TheOGB

Banned
Yo, did Fukua's delayed comand grab always have armor? Clearly I haven't been getting enough work done in the lab.

Woof, I don't know about that Fuuka: J.HK,JMK, land, J.HK, J.MK, land, J.HK, J.MK --> Whatever the hell you want that does about 40% damage on it's own as a startup. That mess is kinda nuts.
j.HK to j.MK? I think there's something I'm not getting. Is there a video of this?

Mesoian

Yo, did Fukua's delayed comand grab always have armor? Clearly I haven't been getting enough work done in the lab.

j.HK to j.MK? I think there's something I'm not getting. Is there a video of this?

This dude has been doing it to me all night and there is literally nothing I can do. I'll see if I can get a video of it.

Edit: Of course he leaves as I post this.

Yes her delayed command grab always had armor from what I remember.

Messed around a bit with Fukua last night, and I think I'm going to have to re-think my team. I've been pretty much Ms. Fortune/Double or Ms. Fortune/Squiggly (I'm a scrub and suck, so I just play the characters I like, team synergy be damned), but Fukua was a hell of a lot of fun, as is Big Band.

Decisions, decisions...

Mesoian

It's jHK jHP not jMK

That could be it. In any case, it was brutal. Fillia's lighting fast j.hp is already super dangerous, using that in a jump loop is down right fatal, especially in the corner.

Put in some time with Ms. Fortune last night, remembered why I don't really like her play style. I should get back in the lab with Squigly, a Squigly/Big Band duo seems pretty strong. Or I could just piss people off and do Big Band/Peacock combo, that team turned out to be better than I expected last night.

Just block low, the jHK jHP chain can only hit mid, so if the only pressure the other guy is using is jHK jHP without mixing it up it shouldn't be hard to pushblock and punish.

Mesoian

So let's talk about lobbies.

Does anyone know the reason why, after a while, lobbies will just fail and kick out half of the room while two people play, and then upon re-entering the lobby, will act normally until it's time to pair people up again, where it subsequently kicks half of the room out again?

Because it happens all the time on PC and it sucks.

Ravidrath

So let's talk about lobbies.

Does anyone know the reason why, after a while, lobbies will just fail and kick out half of the room while two people play, and then upon re-entering the lobby, will act normally until it's time to pair people up again, where it subsequently kicks half of the room out again?

Because it happens all the time on PC and it sucks.

I'll pass this on to Mike.

I know that we've still got some bugs in lobbies left, and guessing this is one of them.

Unfortunately, the contractor that programmed the lobbies isn't available any more. He's willing to provide support, but that's different than having him actually work on it / fix it.

Mesoian

I'll pass this on to Mike.

I know that we've still got some bugs in lobbies left, and guessing this is one of them.

Unfortunately, the contractor that programmed the lobbies isn't available any more. He's willing to provide support, but that's different than having him actually work on it / fix it.

I'll take a video for you later today. I know you guys are stressed when it comes to fixes and upgrades, it'll be better to simply show you what I'm talking about rather than my vague annoyed passive aggression. The only reason why it's so frustrating is because i'm enjoying myself and when this happens, you can be not playing for up to 10 minutes.

joe2187

Banned
Im having a pretty bad gamebreaking bug wherein my whole computer crashes after the lobby countdown.

happen 5 times in a row and it only happens when I attempt to play SG online.

I had been trying to practice a combo with Fukua that used cHK xx qcb.LK after a qcb.HK and how do you even get that to connect jfc

...I gave up on that and am practicing something else now

Galdelico

Hey Rav, after I booted XBLA Skullgirls and downloaded the 7MB title update, the game's got back to its pre-Encore status.

Is it just me or is it a known bug?

Edit: nevermind, didn't read you need to redownload the compatibility pack. My bad!

Dreams We Left Behind is actually by Vincent Diamante, not Yamane.

He's our audio guy, composer of Flower, etc.

I actually assumed Diamante had moved on from Skullgirls. I'm happy to hear he's still doing stuff for the project. :)

For real, the recent tracks have all been excellent. So glad this project has done well.

Ravidrath

I actually assumed Diamante had moved on from Skullgirls. I'm happy to hear he's still doing stuff for the project. :)

For real, the recent tracks have all been excellent. So glad this project has done well.

He's back to being full time at ThatGameCompany, but is freelancing for us.

He's doing all the character audio / SFX creation and implementation still, just like he did on the original release.

Royal Canopy Waltz and The Dreams We Left Behind are just his first new musical contributions. And his first stage themes.

GGs Beats, that was pretty fun and it helped me derust some. I swear to god, we'll always be mirror matches won't we? We both decide to go for a third, a chance to differentiate ourselves, and we both go for Fukua :v

Speaking of Fukua, jfc how many times did I drop that cHP xx qcbLK? Also, I'd say that the two of us kinda need to work on our Fukua neutral and conversions.

I really need to stop confusing Fukua combos for Fillia combos lol

Beats

GGs Beats, that was pretty fun and it helped me derust some. I swear to god, we'll always be mirror matches won't we? We both decide to go for a third, a chance to differentiate ourselves, and we both go for Fukua :v

Speaking of Fukua, jfc how many times did I drop that cHP xx qcbLK? Also, I'd say that the two of us kinda need to work on our Fukua neutral and conversions.

I really need to stop confusing Fukua combos for Fillia combos lol

Good games! Haha I guess so, but at least we play in a different order : p.

yeah, definitely need to work on Fukua neutral. I'll have to practice some stuff in training mode later.

Top Bottom