• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

I'm watching UltraChen's Tuesday show, and they mentioned how it's cool when people come through and talk about games.

It'd be cool if Mike got on the show after all the IGG stuff gets added in officially.

Card Boy

Banned
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/indie/skullgirls-bundle/

Skullgirls bundle $5

• Skullgirls
  • Skullgirls: Color Palette
  • Skullgirls: Squigly
You can buy the stuff individual as-well in case you are missing Squigly or the Color Palette.

Indidual prices.

• Skullgirls - $14.99 $3.74
  • Skullgirls: Squigly - $4.99 $1.24
  • Skullgirls: Color Palette - $4.99 $1.24

Skullgirls bundle is up again on GMG for $5 as part of the encore sale. 23.5hrs left as of this post.

New update in beta:

General
  • Add combo damage to training mode data for clipboard users.
  • Add "you reached 20%/50% health" sounds when using clipboard. Thanks lirin, although I am not sure the sounds are audible enough during gameplay...

Eliza
  • Fix missing thrown frame during Painwheel's Installed throws.
  • cr.MP pulls in a teeny bit on hit.
  • cr.HP has been given a teeny range increase. Should help max range confirms.
  • Improve s.LP hit area, should always hit Painwheel standing now.
  • Improve s.MP startup and vulnerable boxes a bit.
  • Increase j.LK hit area, should no longer whiff through people.
  • Added specials!
  • DP+P / 623+PP, can chain different strengths like L->M->H / M->H / L->H. Like Fortune's rekkas, you only have to press P again for followups, rather than doing DP+P every time.
  • QCB+K / 214+K scythe twirl. L version can link L attacks afterward, H version does a lot of chip.
  • Added a super: her Lv3! Bet you didn't see that one coming...
    QCB+PP / 214+PP, can press P to change directions earlier than she does automatically. Hitbox is large, min scaling is VERY good, comboable after but will of course scale your combo down to minimum.

Beats

The animation on the H scythe twirl is very nice and I'm liking the way her DP+P move works. I can't wait for the rest of her lol.

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
Has there been any news about Eliza's blood mechanic? I know it was just a tentative idea. Not sure if LZ plans to implement it or not.

You should be patient, before doing such advanced systems, you need to at least finalize the normals and specials to ease your work. ^^

You should be patient, before doing such advanced systems, you need to at least finalize the normals and specials to ease your work. ^^
Where did you see impatience? I saw two people asking if certain things were still being planned for out of interest.

Anyway, has a video of her specials been uploaded yet? I would love to see what she has.

This was pretty good. I enjoyed the sections talking about simplifying inputs, crossups and netplay. I wish he had also gone into more detail about netcode and particular games like Guilty Gear. Everyone acts like FRCs all of a sudden make online play near impossible. I have a feeling that one of the more famous GG players speaking up about it would shut this talk down once and for all.

Ravidrath

This was pretty good. I enjoyed the sections talking about simplifying inputs, crossups and netplay. I wish he had also gone into more detail about netcode and particular games like Guilty Gear. Everyone acts like FRCs all of a sudden make online play near impossible. I have a feeling that one of the more famous GG players speaking up about it would shut this talk down once and for all.

Whoa, you exist.

Saikyo

Excellent video so far.

Hope that Skullgirls has a replay system when all indiegogo characters are implemented, before that I think its gonna be hell for a system to have replays of different builds...

Fight request could be nice too but I understand Mike, it is hard and its better just group some friends and do an "all fight" lobby.

Well, damn it. It looks like GAF's servers never actually sent it, because it's not in my sent folder. -_- I've been checking my PMs constantly for no reason!

Basically, I just wanted to know what tech LabZero uses for the 2D drawing and animation. My wife is working on getting into it while I'm working on progamming, so I'm looking for guidance. There's just so much stuff out there. I've seen videos of your team animating, but I don't know all the programs that are being used. Do you use Wacom Cintiqs, or some kind of graphic pad? What animation and drawing programs, etc., are used?

I wasn't sure if those questions were too sensitive ("trade secrets"), which is why I initially PMed you.

Ravidrath

Well, damn it. It looks like GAF's servers never actually sent it, because it's not in my sent folder. -_- I've been checking my PMs constantly for no reason!

Basically, I just wanted to know what tech LabZero uses for the 2D drawing and animation. My wife is working on getting into it while I'm working on progamming, so I'm looking for guidance. There's just so much stuff out there. I've seen videos of your team animating, but I don't know all the programs that are being used. Do you use Wacom Cintiqs, or some kind of graphic pad? What animation and drawing programs, etc., are used?

I wasn't sure if those questions were too sensitive ("trade secrets"), which is why I initially PMed you.

Haha, OK - must've been due to E3 server madness or something? Because, yeah, I wouldn't just ignore you.

Anyway, we let our contractors use whatever they want to use.

Like, Zone does his SG work in Flash, we have a lot of people that use SAI, etc. All we really care about is that people deliver work that meets our standards, and we don't care how they get there.

Just about everyone uses Wacom tablets, but some of them want / are moving to Cintiqs. Rich uses a laptop with a touchscreen.

Haha, OK - must've been due to E3 server madness or something? Because, yeah, I wouldn't just ignore you.

Anyway, we let our contractors use whatever they want to use.

Like, Zone does his SG work in Flash, we have a lot of people that use SAI, etc. All we really care about is that people deliver work that meets our standards, and we don't care how they get there.

Just about everyone uses Wacom tablets, but some of them want / are moving to Cintiqs. Rich uses a laptop with a touchscreen.
I'm definitely going with E3 server madness.

Do those moving to Cintiqs like them a lot more? It's hard to drop $1K for the 13"HD model, but I also hate buying weak tools that I want to replace later. Start off on the right foot, you know?

I thought about getting another model like the Yiynova or Monoprice, but they don't go to full 1080p, and that worries me.

I have never heard of SAI, so thank you for that! I will take a look at it.

Ravidrath

I'm definitely going with E3 server madness.

Do those moving to Cintiqs like them a lot more? It's hard to drop $1K for the 13"HD model, but I also hate buying weak tools that I want to replace later. Start off on the right foot, you know?

I thought about getting another model like the Yiynova or Monoprice, but they don't go to full 1080p, and that worries me.

I have never heard of SAI, so thank you for that! I will take a look at it.

Mariel's dad gave her his old one, and she loves it and just uses it at home because it's a pain to lug around. She plans on buying one of the new ones as soon as she can afford to.

And SAI seems to not have any real advantage now? The main reason to use it before CS5 was that you could rotate the canvas freely, which is really useful for hand-drawing. But Photoshop has that now.

Mariel's dad gave her his old one, and she loves it and just uses it at home because it's a pain to lug around. She plans on buying one of the new ones as soon as she can afford to.

And SAI seems to not have any real advantage now? The main reason to use it before CS5 was that you could rotate the canvas freely, which is really useful for hand-drawing. But Photoshop has that now.
I wish there was an awesome website to learn everything about animation and the different programs/tools out there. Thank you for the feedback, it helps diminish some of the feeling of being overwhelmed in a new field.

So can you break up drawings into frames in CS5? I saw one of your animators do this with Big Band's idle animation back in the day, and I thought that was just the coolest thing ever.

Ravidrath

I wish there was an awesome website to learn everything about animation and the different programs/tools out there. Thank you for the feedback, it helps diminish some of the feeling of being overwhelmed in a new field.

So can you break up drawings into frames in CS5? I saw one of your animators do this with Big Band's idle animation back in the day, and I thought that was just the coolest thing ever.

Yeah, CS5 has an animation window.

The timing on it is weird? CS3 had proper timing. But Mariel just works around it.

Top Bottom