• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Hi there! This is Mariel. What's up? :D

Ah ah so funny. :D
I am really impressed by people that can stay focus on animation as it takes a very long time to do. I did some in art school then helped a friend finalizing his first animation short (where a sausage princess from space came to have fun on earth) and liked it, but this kind of work really need strong focus. I hope you'll enjoy this with your wife Karsticles. ^^

NEO0MJ

Decided to check out Fukua's story. That final boss was so broken. Ending was pretty funny.

Hey Ravi, where can we check out the result of the polls again?

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
I want to play headless Fortune more. I used to use her all the time, but after the nerfs and now that head on Fortune has godlike IAD j.HP, I don't bother. I'm practicing her a lot more now. She can still combo into head spike off a tiger kneed launcher and now that I run Beat Extend it makes up for the lack of invincible Fiber Upper.

I dont see it. Duckator was a really nice guy in all of my experiences with him. He taught me a lot and we had good times. I never felt like he was deserving of any kind of ire from anyone.

I'm almost sure it's more of a comment on his dominance at the game than on the actual person.

Glad to see that Kinuko has a GAF account now.
Whoa, you exist.
Yeah, I think I quoted you a few times recently in this thread. I'm just not online that often nowadays.
Saw this on the SG subreddit:

http://i.imgur.com/QEN2QkY.png

Midwest seems pretty accurate.
lol @ the shooting in the east coast

He must have gotten yolo'd by a Bella player.

Edit: LOL @ Nekro's hair
I want to play headless Fortune more. I used to use her all the time, but after the nerfs and now that head on Fortune has godlike IAD j.HP, I don't bother. I'm practicing her a lot more now. She can still combo into head spike off a tiger kneed launcher and now that I run Beat Extend it makes up for the lack of invincible Fiber Upper.
Headless is still the way to be against certain characters like Bella. The head is too good at beating super armor and constant ground rushing.

New beta update

General
- Hopefully fix 360-pad thing I broke with the last build, if you had problems check now.
- Bugfix, remove Painwheel's ability to accidentally do charged attacks without armor. http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/dud-hatred-guard.3756/#post-128111
- Filia's Fenrir Drive now will not kill the opponent at any point except the floor slam. Thanks [Farofa]noaa for pointing out I should have done this long ago.

Beta Experiments
- Parasoul's Egret Charge only cancels the grab if she is hit during the first 22f of the summon anim. (Slightly less than half of it.)
- Fix bug where Parsoul being hit out of the first frame of Egret Charge wouldn't cancel the grab.

Eliza
- More palettes.
- More colored frames! Standing/crouching hitstuns, airdash, cr.LK etc.
- Add a Command List! :^) Temp, of course.
- Add Sekhmet! See the Command List for how she works. (See that? I don't have to write a huge explanation!) Your super meter drains continually while she is out. She currently has hyper armor, so she can't be put into hitstun, but she can be thrown and snapped out.
- DP is now invincible for 1f longer during active frames.
- DP followups no longer autocorrect. Thanks Age!
- HP version of DP is now jump-cancellable on hit, and the hitstun is much shorter.
- All DPs now push back much less on block.

I tried Eliza out on Beta, and I'm really enjoying her. Big Band looked cool, but ended up not playing how I like my characters to. I really appreciate the addition of c.HK as another expansion assist, as well.

Anyway, two observations/comments/questions:
1) dp.P is said in the command list to be able to go LP, MK, HP, in that order, to string all three dudes that pop up. However, you can just triple tap LP to get the same effect. Maybe intended, maybe not, but just throwing that out there.

2) What is the point of Hathor's Turn (qcb.K)? Is it invincible?

Anyway, she is definitely looking to be a permanent partner for Painwheel at this point. At least, as long as c.HK has tons of armor and priority so I can safely say goodbye to Double! :)

Edit: Having a BBQ at my house today for the family and Skullgirls' Nightmare Crest music is the mood setter. <3

Aww, missed the flash sale for Skullgirls cause it happened way early in the day since I wanted to buy it for a friend. Hoping it goes on sale at another point.

I tried Eliza out on Beta, and I'm really enjoying her. Big Band looked cool, but ended up not playing how I like my characters to. I really appreciate the addition of c.HK as another expansion assist, as well.

1) dp.P is said in the command list to be able to go LP, MK, HP, in that order, to string all three dudes that pop up. However, you can just triple tap LP to get the same effect. Maybe intended, maybe not, but just throwing that out there.

Anyway, she is definitely looking to be a permanent partner for Painwheel at this point. At least, as long as c.HK has tons of armor and priority so I can safely say goodbye to Double! :)

Edit: Having a BBQ at my house today for the family and Skullgirls' Nightmare Crest music is the mood setter. <3
Please tell me you have a capable laptop or PC so we can play beta on the regular.
Aww, missed the flash sale for Skullgirls cause it happened way early in the day since I wanted to buy it for a friend. Hoping it goes on sale at another point.
It might rear it's head again at some point.
First time trying Fukua, too. Pretty slick stuff.
"Slick" doesn't begin to describe how good she is in the hands of certain players.

*cough*negus and mayor of earth*cough*

NEO0MJ

It just occured to me after messing with Eliza a bit more today that that the next character, Beowulf, is so much more grounded compared to the last few characters and even most of the cast. At least, I think he will come off as more grounded.

Please tell me you have a capable laptop or PC so we can play beta on the regular.

It might rear it's head again at some point.

"Slick" doesn't begin to describe how good she is in the hands of certain players.

*cough*negus and mayor of earth*cough*
Unfortunately, my computer is utter crap. I am looking to buy a new laptop, though, so maybe then...

So does anyone know what Eliza's qcb.HK is valuable as?

It just occured to me after messing with Eliza a bit more today that that the next character, Beowulf, is so much more grounded compared to the last few characters and even most of the cast. At least, I think he will come off as more grounded.
I think that's why he'll be a good addition. Most games have a bunch of Ryu/Jin/Terry Bogard characters and then a few freaky things like Dhalsim and Panda. Skullgirls is the opposite, and it could use a few more "normal" characters for the average joe. Personally, I love freaks of all kinds, so I like the direction.

J-Tier

That's why I can't wait for Beowulf. The more grounded character, strangely enough will only contribute to diversifying the cast.

Though I'm sure he'll have some crazy chair-related gimmick.

Mr. X

1. DP+P is a rekka. LP gets you 3, MP gets you 2, HP gets you 1 and is jump cancelable. You can do LP LP LP or LP MP MP or MP MP or LP LP HP or MP HP etc.

2. you can link lights off the LK version, HK does a lot of chip/damage. It's like Doom rocks.

El Sloth

Banned
I dont see it. Duckator was a really nice guy in all of my experiences with him. He taught me a lot and we had good times. I never felt like he was deserving of any kind of ire from anyone.
I'm pretty sure there isn't a single person who legitimately dislikes Duckator. It's just a shit joke at his dominance of the game.

1. DP+P is a rekka. LP gets you 3, MP gets you 2, HP gets you 1 and is jump cancelable. You can do LP LP LP or LP MP MP or MP MP or LP LP HP or MP HP etc.

2. you can link lights off the LK version, HK does a lot of chip/damage. It's like Doom rocks.
Oh, so it will fire projectiles?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a single person who legitimately dislikes Duckator. It's just a shit joke at his dominance of the game.
Ah, K.

I thought the joke was funny :(
Shit taste.

Any good gameplay of Fukua out there yet? I tried her for the first time in training mode, and she was far more enjoyable than I thought she would be.

Mr. X

Oh, so it will fire projectiles?

Ah, K.

Shit taste.
Maybe. We'll see what Mike experiments with when all her moves get in.
Any good gameplay of Fukua out there yet? I tried her for the first time in training mode, and she was far more enjoyable than I thought she would be.

Like all but 2 teams had Fukua at UFGTX (youtube search nobodyexe for the SG tournament archive) and she's still a pretty popular character since she's a scrub killer and not many have grasped how to deal with her. You can also find her in some Who Ya'll Like weekly archives.

Top Bottom