• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Puruzi

Banned
4. Is this bikini DLC for real, or just some internet trolling? I hope its real.

75a.png

That Valentine. That SQUIGLY

this must happen.

Dreavus

So, what's Skullgirls' future looking like these days? So many great characters and a world that has so much potential. I know the folks at LZ won't do another crowd fund, but after R. Fortune, is that it for new stuff? It continually surprises me how much of a fan I am of this series despite not really putting the time in gameplay-wise.

That Valentine. That SQUIGLY

this must happen.

There's no way. The characters aren't set up for "alts" like this in the same way they are for palettes. This would mean re-drawing a massive amount of stuff!

Ya'll are crazy.

So, what's Skullgirls' future looking like these days? So many great characters and a world that has so much potential. I know the folks at LZ won't do another crowd fund, but after R. Fortune, is that it for new stuff? It continually surprises me how much of a fan I am of this series despite not really putting the time in gameplay-wise.

They better make Annie after they finish with Robo Fortune. I'd pay high amounts of money for her.

Umbrella and Marie would also be nice.

And yeah there's no way we're getting that kind of alts, that only works with 3d models, because these are 2d it would basically mean that they have to draw everything again.

or maybe we're getting nothing new after Robo Fortune :(

Am I the only one who is focusing more on the bathing caps, grill fork and sunglasses everywhere in that picture? We don't need swimsuits. The game catches enough flak as it is.
Don't hold your breath for more Skullgirls. All we know is that new things are coming.

Didn't Ravi say around June or so? I could've sworn he has mentioned that.

Edit: Found it

I've learned to be a bit more pessimistic when it comes to release dates. If it comes out before October I'll have considered it coming out early. :p

Granted R.Fortune is much further along than any other character has been at this point immediately after a release but the lobbies and cross plat play I expect will be a bit more sticky. That lobbies are still a bit jank on the PC version doesn't exactly encourage me.

LabZero has a new project in the works that they'll be announcing shortly after the release of the PS4/Vita version I imagine. Whether it's Skullgirls related (I doubt it), whether it's a fighting game, or whether it's a new IP is completely up in the air in this point. We'll see.

LabZero developed Darkstalkers when

I feel like SH should get in gear and just make animated GIFs of every single animation.

i was looking there to see if there was a guide or something and didn't see one, so disappoint

i imagine the good ones are "just" using the art dump though, so it shouldn't be too hard i guess

Beats

Latest eta update adds a lot to Robo-Fortune. I wonder how close she is to being finalized.

In the last Salty stream Mike said everything is fully colored for her including all the frames that aren't yet in the game. I'm guessing pretty close, but I dunno. Is she gonna have a story mode?

edit: When did the Universal Commands in the pause menu get added? That's pretty neat.

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
It sounds like robo fortune is almost done. Unfortunately her release is tied to the ps4/vita release...which may not happen for a while.

Dreavus

Beowulf is so much fun. I played around with him in training for the first time and a few casual matches with a friend. Goddamn his stage is awesome with the "crowd" noises + announcer.

The hype is real.

Crocodile

Was finally able to find some time to DL Beowulf and play his story mode. Getting the Wulfmania extensions to work consistently is probably beyond me but I've been having fun dicking around with him. Enjoyed the story mode - especially the Annie bits. I didn't really care too much about her before hand but now I'm sad that if she ever becomes a playable character it will be years from now :(

Ravidrath

Beowulf is so much fun. I played around with him in training for the first time and a few casual matches with a friend. Goddamn his stage is awesome with the "crowd" noises + announcer.

The hype is real.

Love the stage and the two pieces Brenton and Blaine did for us.

Also the banners that change with the characters in play.

Numb

Being in the EU is tiresome. Got the compatabilty pack and it is after the 24th too but still no Beowulf even though i can see his character ingame yet he is not in PSN store.
Hope he is in the store update for next week.

Ravidrath

Being in the EU is tiresome. Got the compatabilty pack and it is after the 24th too but still no Beowulf even though i can see his character ingame yet he is not in PSN store.
Hope he is in the store update for next week.

Checked Sony's site today, and he's currently scheduled for 6/05. Again, no explanation for the delay.

No idea what is going on here - I'm livid, and doing everything I can to escalate this and get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Numb

Checked Sony's site today, and he's currently scheduled for 6/05. Again, no explanation for the delay.

No idea what is going on here - I'm livid, and doing everything I can to escalate this and get it resolved as quickly as possible.

I am cool with it as long as it does not take way too long. Like a month or more.

joe2187

Banned

What possible reason could there be for such a long delay?

This is a very troublesome issue with SCEE.

Ravidrath

What possible reason could there be for such a long delay?

This is a very troublesome issue with SCEE.

No idea, and I feel like if it was legit we'd have gotten some kind of notice from SCEE.

I was able to set it to 5/05 in their system, but since they just override that stuff without telling us, I wouldn't put any stock in that until I talk to them.

Saikyo

My PS4/Vita-less ness hates you damn it

Any chance this could be added to the pc version somehow?

Maybe its a "timed DLC".

I wouldnt worry, STEAM version is gonna have this in the future I guess, plus we had lobbies and chances to beta test the DLC characters before the other versions, let PS4 and Vita have something exclusive for some time.

If you cant wait, you can play the voiced story mode on youtube *run

Edit:

We're looking into releasing extra 2nd Encore as DLC on PC, but it's not set in stone yet.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/593118409623089152

About Republican Double voice

Name is being changed to "Politician" Double, but yes it's true. Will be added along with Robo Fortune. It'll be free.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/593122522859581440

Nyoro SF

Nice news, though personally I don't care for voices in most of the games I play. I read text very fast so eventually I get irritated at having to wait for the VA to finish their line and begin skipping ahead. I find voices in static story dialogue to be a rather large extra expense that offers little benefit myself when I have readable text in a dialogue box.

Reading quickly and moving to the next scene was nightmarish in Beowulf's story mode though because scenes transitioned before the text was done outputting on the screen so I almost accidentally skipped important transitions by pressing a button to display out all the text so I could read it all at once. I assume this little shift in presentation happened in order to account for the addition of voices and scenes changing in timing to voices.

Top Bottom