• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

By going with what happened in Allods, this is getting some heavy P2W elements in the cash shop as soon as the devs feel they've have lured enough players in. Just google about Allods. It's one of the most disgustingly creedy MMO scams ever performed.

Be aware.

Hopefully Obsidian being involved makes them tone back on the p2w stuff. It seems to be pretty popular so shooting themselves in the foot would be insane.

Clearos

At work so still no guild yet but a quick question. This would be my first mmo playing with GAF. We elitist and only invite GAF members or we pretty much open to others?

SkyGaf pantheon will be made later tonight. Sounds like a high end coffee shop.

At work so still no guild yet but a quick question. This would be my first mmo playing with GAF. We elitist and only invite GAF members or we pretty much open to others?

SkyGaf pantheon will be made later tonight. Sounds like a high end coffee shop.

Usually if we get too big we restrict it to just GAF. It's fine to have it open though.

Clearos

Usually if we get too big we restrict it to just GAF. It's fine to have it open though.

Ok, I think this game is still under the radar so might squeeze some people in after we get GAF loaded. Can work on the pantheon expansions to increase guild/clan size.

Ok, I think this game is still under the radar so might squeeze some people in after we get GAF loaded. Can work on the pantheon expansions to increase guild/clan size.

I can chip in some money if you don't want to pay the entire 50k yourself as well.

Cracklox

One thing to keep in mind is Pantheon size is fairly limited. I think max size is 250 (according to the site) and that takes more then a few upgrades to get.

Not sure what the capacity is starting out, but I think its fairly small

Cracklox

Right now it is 12 members divided into 3 clans. The first 2 upgrades are addition clans + clan size.

Yep pretty small indeed.

Love to grab one of those spots. In game name is Sham Wow (yeah....) Bed time where I am but if you send me an invite, I can accept when I'm up. That is if you get it done as planned of course :0

Clearos

Yep pretty small indeed.

Love to grab one of those spots. In game name is Sham Wow (yeah....) Bed time where I am but if you send me an invite, I can accept when I'm up. That is if you get it done as planned of course :0

heh no worries, it 3pm EST where i am so I'll prob be on around 10pm-2am but I'll try to sneak on earlier get the guild established and then give others invite rights so we have full coverage.

Primus

heh no worries, it 3pm EST where i am so I'll prob be on around 10pm-2am but I'll try to sneak on earlier get the guild established and then give others invite rights so we have full coverage.

I won't be on until late, prolly around 9-10pm Pacific/12-1 Eastern.

Blah, I am out.
The combat of spam clicking is bad =/.
I haven't click this many times since Diablo 2.
What class are you spam clicking on? >_> I've been playing PLD and a bit of Necromancer and both have involved rotations.

I mean this game's PLD has a more involved rotation than even PLD in FFXIV 3.0. :p

On another note, is there any way to see/hear queue pops when tabbed out? It's annoying the hell out of me as some of the queue times on things is awful and I don't wanna sit in game.

Clearos

Some of you need to check your in-game names. I tried invited people and when I searched for them nothing came up. If it worked, you should see an invite from me. If not, hunt me down. I have the guild up and waiting.

Guild is created but I have some yard work and such so I should be on around 10pm EST. No one was on so unfortunately I am still the only one who can invite until we get people in.

I'll add my name when I get off of work. Can't remember it off the top of my head.

I am not too keen on grind to these other classes but I enjoy the combat enough that I don't care. Oh yeah I meant to ask yesterday. Can you not buy weapons on the market?

Some of you need to check your in-game names. I tried invited people and when I searched for them nothing came up. If it worked, you should see an invite from me. If not, hunt me down. I have the guild up and waiting.

Guild is created but I have some yard work and such so I should be on around 10pm EST. No one was on so unfortunately I am still the only one who can invite until we get people in.

I shot you a friend request, hopefully that streamlines things a little.

Freiya

Game feels pretty cheap to me. I don't know how else to explain it. It's just floaty and no weight to anything. Animations make the game feel cheap too. After playing Tera and Blade and Soul it's hard to play Skyforge.

Game feels pretty cheap to me. I don't know how else to explain it. It's just floaty and no weight to anything. Animations make the game feel cheap too. After playing Tera and Blade and Soul it's hard to play Skyforge.
I get what you mean. There isn't much weight to anything. And there is no fall damage from what I can tell either.

Really? I think it feels like a real step up from Tera, at least what I played of it (not much). Playing Paladin, every attack feels like it has impact, weight. You feel powerful.

Some of the other classes are pretty floaty, tho.

EDIT: I think we're gonna have to do separate EU and NA guilds, since two of you aren't showing up when I searched to do invites, and Pangur, you were one of them. Queen of Hunting, are you in the EU?

FatalT

Banned
I've been playing TERA and it's amazing but I saw this thread and was excited about a possible Phantasy Star Online-type game so I downloaded this overnight. I just played it for about an hour and it's neat but not for me :(

Freiya

Really? I think it feels like a real step up from Tera, at least what I played of it (not much). Playing Paladin, every attack feels like it has impact, weight. You feel powerful.

Some of the other classes are pretty floaty, tho.

EDIT: I think we're gonna have to do separate EU and NA guilds, since two of you aren't showing up when I searched to do invites, and Pangur, you were one of them. Queen of Hunting, are you in the EU?

wow I'm actually shocked to see someone say this. One of my biggest problems with the game is the fact that it feels like there is zero impact. No physics, no momentum, etc etc. Tera definitely feels like it has all of those things.

I bet the reason you think it's a step up is because you can cancel a lot of stuff and it's faster paced.

When you do a skill in Tera there is a build up, it actually makes you feel like your character is really going through the animation for the attack. Not like he is just floating through everything with zero gravity.

I get what you mean. There isn't much weight to anything. And there is no fall damage from what I can tell either.

Yea and you are right about the fall damage.

Primus

Jumping off of things is a great timesaver, especially when you're working for things like kill chains or "kill x in this much time".

Added my character to the Google Doc. Ada Clemency is the name.
Jumping off of things is a great timesaver, especially when you're working for things like kill chains or "kill x in this much time".
Yeah it really does.

EDIT: I wanted to get Witch but that is like 3 years away. Same with Alchemist ;_;

Dead

well not really...yet
Game seems pretty decent off the bat

The Slayer class seems awesome. Wish it wasn't locked behind a skill path

Paladin and Necro are very weighty. Mostly because those two have a lot of moves that lock you in place. I really am enjoying Necro, it probably has the best execute animation in the game.

I'm up to about 5kish prestiege right now.

One thing I like about this game is that despite the fact that the game recycles content quite a bit it switches it up often enough that it keeps you engaged and feeling like you're progressing at a good pace.

When you have to go back to old dungeons the "harder" modes do change a bit. Sometimes there are new bosses or the bosses use new mechanics. It's a lighter form of FFXIV's hard mode design, but isn't locked to endgame. Rather, your entire progression. So you're always doing something different and not usually grinding the same dungeon over and over.

That coupled with the cycling of rewards for every instance available to you is nice.

Hopefully that holds true at endgame.

Well I was enjoying it until I realize how far the class I wanted (berserker or gunner) to unlock is. Looks like it would easily take over a month or two to get to one from the 3 starter.

Some of the advanced classes are really cool. Monk is like playing as the Avatar. Kinetic seemed sweet as well. Wasn't a big fan of Witch or Necro, Alchemist seemed better than I remember, I like the supporty aspects of it. Gonna be hard to decide between Kinetic and Alchemist.

Cracklox

Double edit - nvm sorted

Also names added to doc

Ricerocket - Gunner and Zerk could prob be achieved in 2 weeks. Its hard to tell because they were in the advance pack so they'res already alot in game. However people are starting to get alchemists and monks, which are a similiar distance away in the Atlas and that's with 10//11 days of progress. Estimates for advanced classes going in was about 3 weeks, but people are getting it done sooner it seems

Vex_

Banned
Paladin and Necro are very weighty. Mostly because those two have a lot of moves that lock you in place. I really am enjoying Necro, it probably has the best execute animation in the game.

I'm up to about 5kish prestiege right now.

One thing I like about this game is that despite the fact that the game recycles content quite a bit it switches it up often enough that it keeps you engaged and feeling like you're progressing at a good pace.

When you have to go back to old dungeons the "harder" modes do change a bit. Sometimes there are new bosses or the bosses use new mechanics. It's a lighter form of FFXIV's hard mode design, but isn't locked to endgame. Rather, your entire progression. So you're always doing something different and not usually grinding the same dungeon over and over.

That coupled with the cycling of rewards for every instance available to you is nice.

Hopefully that holds true at endgame.

This, plus the bonus objectives. Although they are hard to complete with a group like killing mobs in front of a camera lol.

Played my first match of PvP last night; Pally is OP, pls
do not
nerf :D

Probably wouldn't be if there were anything but Paladins and Cryomancers in the arena, but as it is? The charge and sword spin are powerful knockdowns, then you pile on the 2 shield abilities and the ranged attack which is just ace for killstealing, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Clearos

Wish there was a fix for pantheon changes. Currently it is voting system and if commanders are not on to vote it just stalls. Not sure if there is a set time length before a commander veto's their vote.

We will need to keep commanders to a low in the pantheon so we don't get stuck.

~I was playing with the system so some people became commanders, once we get a bit more established we will prob move that rank around to people who will be more often to keep things moving.

I started playing this a bit yesterday. I took a break because I got annoyed trying to figure out what the exclamation mark on my abilities tab is telling me to look at. Can't figure out if I have some points I can use or how to use them.

Wish there was a fix for pantheon changes. Currently it is voting system and if commanders are not on to vote it just stalls. Not sure if there is a set time length before a commander veto's their vote.

~I was playing with the system so some people became commanders, once we get a bit more established we will prob move that rank around to people who will be more often to keep things moving.

If you're online right now can I get an invite? Mojo Mortalis.

I saw a vote last night but I wasn't sure exactly what I was voting for.

I'll be on later today though.

Voted on all issues; I think that all you need is a simple majority for most stuff, so I voted for Ada being a clan member, since that would mean that as long as both you and one of us is on the vote can go ahead. Also voted against my demotion, hope you don't mind :p

Oh, and dropped off 45k credits for the guild. BUILD!

Sorry for doublepost, but I love the mount designs. The Gravcycle in particular is awesome.

But this? This is too funny not to post:

tAJlpP4.png
(Only Halo fans will get this)

Clearos

Just saw antman so ill be on later. Thanks for voting, later we see who wants to be a leader and rearrange as needed.

Glad to see the group forming.

Mounts still don't seem to be working for me still.

Works fine for me. The mount selection menu is a little bit borked, admittedly, but if you click... I think the top box, you can still select a mount so long as you have the license for it.

BTW, anybody else had some trouble with crashing? Nothing super consistent, but it's happened twice now so I thought I'd check and see if anybody else has an issue with it.

It's a F2P mmo and it's currently PC only, so it's a given if it looks barren here in GAF. The community outside is fantastic so far.

I'm totally enjoying it.
Joined a phanteon of my community already, and now we're expanding to be able to gather more members. I can see myself playing Skyforge at least until Phantom Pain releases.

Top Bottom