• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

_woLf

I really hope they can get this game on Steam. Once TERA was put on steam it's f2p community took off, I really feel like this game could as well.

I really hope they can get this game on Steam. Once TERA was put on steam it's f2p community took off, I really feel like this game could as well.

That'd be nice but they didn't put their previous MMO on Steam so i'm skeptical they'll do so with this one.

Has anyone tried the slayer class? If so, what are your impressions on it? Also, does it use a sword? (this is important)

It uses dual scythes. Once you hit a certain point in the Atlas on a class you are able to try any class available in the game in the training room. Then you have to go through the process of unlocking the classes.

Yup. Never look at GAF for the pulse of an MMO.

For real.

Clearos

Skyforge's pantheon is currently buggy. My friend list is gone and I can't do anything in the guild window so if you are looking for an invite just need to wait it out.

Cracklox

Skyforge's pantheon is currently buggy. My friend list is gone and I can't do anything in the guild window so if you are looking for an invite just need to wait it out.

I think I've had similiar. Lost guild chat, friends list etc. A re-log seemed to clear it up. Hoping thats all it is.

As for other issues, don't get me started on trying to zone into the observatory. I reckon I have a 50/50 chance on if the game even loads. Its often hangs on the loading screen and times out. I've hardly ever had it freeze for any other zone too. Its def only the observatory. As a result you rarely see me there at the moment. I tend to 'work' out of 1 of the open world zones. If a mission sends me to the capital then I cross my fingers and hope.....

Despite that rather glaring issue, loving the game. 150 more class sparks to max out Cryo and then to start using that archer class I unlocked a while back

Vex_

Banned
I think I've had similiar. Lost guild chat, friends list etc. A re-log seemed to clear it up. Hoping thats all it is.

As for other issues, don't get me started on trying to zone into the observatory. I reckon I have a 50/50 chance on if the game even loads. Its often hangs on the loading screen and times out. I've hardly ever had it freeze for any other zone too. Its def only the observatory. As a result you rarely see me there at the moment. I tend to 'work' out of 1 of the open world zones. If a mission sends me to the capital then I cross my fingers and hope.....

Despite that rather glaring issue, loving the game. 150 more class sparks to max out Cryo and then to start using that archer class I unlocked a while back

What is the point in maxing out a class? I hear there are outfits you can get?

I'm asking this because as soon as I unlock my kinetic, I'm dropping paladin like a bad habit. Class is cool and all, but kinetic.....

Mounts still don't seem to be working for me still.

You must HOLD J key!!

Took me forever to figure out. I would use the mount. Press j (tap) to put it away, and couldn't resummon it.

HOLD J to bring up mounts in a wheel.

Also, anyone get the feeling this is designed for a controller? :3 Or CONSOLES!!!!

Which would be great news.

Cracklox

What is the point in maxing out a class? I hear there are outfits you can get?

I'm asking this because as soon as I unlock my kinetic, I'm dropping paladin like a bad habit. Class is cool and all, but kinetic.....

For the Paladin Symbol, if the incoming damage taken does not exceed 10%, then the Symbol makes the player immune to damage and effects for 4 seconds, but this Symbol can only trigger once every 70 seconds.

70 seconds sounds alot, but the key thing is the cooldown resets after combat. Don't have it myself, but the high end RU players consider it a must have for end game content

And oh yeah there's a costume as well. Forgot about that

edit - just maxed. Cryo. I also forgot you also get access to use 2 more symbols per class you max. Pretty sure that caps somewhere, but access to 2 more symbols is worth the time alone

Soooo, reaching some of the higher level dungeons/raids and while this game isn't "hard" it's not forgiving if you get hit by something. It's not that hard to avoid things or deal with mechanics, but a lot of people are not very good at the game I've learned.

This game avoids ground telegraphs to warn you about boss moves but instead employs the PSO/Monster Hunter way with animation telegraphs. Mob does a wind up? You should probably hit that dodge.

A lot of people are really bad at reading these telegraphs. =/ Then they get hit and either get one shot or drop so low it's impossible for them to heal back up to survive.

Cracklox

Just finished downloading. Clearos should I send you a PM for an invite or just give you my char name?

I've been given rights to hire and fire *shakes tyrannical fist*

Add your details to the doc and one of us will get to it. I'll be on for a while at least. Either that or message one of us in game

Vex_

Banned
For the Paladin Symbol, if the incoming damage taken does not exceed 10%, then the Symbol makes the player immune to damage and effects for 4 seconds, but this Symbol can only trigger once every 70 seconds.

70 seconds sounds alot, but the key thing is the cooldown resets after combat. Don't have it myself, but the high end RU players consider it a must have for end game content

And oh yeah there's a costume as well. Forgot about that

edit - just maxed. Cryo. I also forgot you also get access to use 2 more symbols per class you max. Pretty sure that caps somewhere, but access to 2 more symbols is worth the time alone
Wait wait.

So my next question. If you obtain a symbol on one class, can you use it on another?

This is important.

Cracklox

Wait wait.

So my next question. If you obtain a symbol on one class, can you use it on another?

This is important.

Yup. Thats why its important to max classes. If you're in it for the long haul it will make your end game builds that much better and more varied.

On another note, getting the hang of archer. Died a lot to begin with but you really have to play towards what talents you have equipped. I guess thats the same for all classes.

I don't know if anyone knows, but is there a way to keep fire or lightening arrows in your quiver? Right now I switch to them, get 1 skill off, and it switches me back to regular arrows. Is that by design? It certainly adds a bigger skill element, but it'd be nice if I could have fire arrows equipped with out having to double-left click all the time.

edit - looks like we're growing a bit. 2 things. When you unlock your order (i think at 2k prestige) make it a priority to send them on guild construction missions. This will help get stuff built so we can grow the guild and unlock perks, missions etc. Also be sure to donate ALL of your credits. Ok, maybe not all, but whatever you can. The cost of some of the more advanced buildings are pretty insane.

Kane1345

Question: If I make a pantheon with my 2 other friends will we get pantheon only missions and how hard are they? We have no intention of inviting others into the pantheon so is it worth it for 50000 credits?

Vex_

Banned
Just found this gais:

pic

Maxed class costumes O.O. So dope!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i wanna be an archer ): why cant you be starting class

loading up in bit ill accept invite thats been sent

Cracklox

Question: If I make a pantheon with my 2 other friends will we get pantheon only missions and how hard are they? We have no intention of inviting others into the pantheon so is it worth it for 50000 credits?

Hmmm. Maybe not? Pantheon missions need a few structures built before they become available. Getting those built with just a few people will likely take a while. The more people, the more adepts can be sent to help with construction.

i wanna be an archer ): why cant you be starting class

loading up in bit ill accept invite thats been sent

Welcome. And yeah Archers sweet. Got a real learning curve, but very high DPS potential. There's talent that gives aimed shot 600% damage while not in combat. Body fools before they know what hit them. Also a tonne of other stuff that I can't get to till next week because capped :(

Kane1345

Hmmm. Maybe not? Pantheon missions need a few structures built before they become available. Getting those built with just a few people will likely take a while. The more people, the more adepts can be sent to help with construction.

Bugger. Maybe it's something we'll just try when we're rolling in credits some time down the line if we split the cost 3 ways. Thanks for the info

Verilligo

That'd be nice but they didn't put their previous MMO on Steam so i'm skeptical they'll do so with this one.

Actually, at least for the EU/NA server, they're supposed to be putting Allods on Steam here at some point, if they haven't already. Far too late in Allods' life span for it to matter, though, the price of becoming competitive in PvP and end-game PvE content is anywhere from $500 for basic runes to ~$9,000 for max runes, not accounting for other enhancements. But as you've said, Skyforge isn't just mail.RU's show, given they have Obsidian involved. Adding it to Steam could really pull up the playercount and there is at least some precedent for them recognizing Steam exists.

Clearos

Invite sent. Hope it goes through.

As for Europeans, sure if you're on the NA server (Clearos I assume would be fine as well).

Not sure if it would make sense for you to play on the NA server though...

If you are Gaf and on the NA server you are more than welcome. Once we get all Gaf people in the guild and have room for new comers I would do down to getting family/friends int he guild to help progress.

The social stuff in this game needs massive improvements. It's super clunky and unintuitive to add friends, ignore people, and even see who is online. As far as I can tell there's nothing to show if someone is online or not so you have to turn off the "show offline" filter, but that resets as soon as you close the friends menu. The bug where your messages no longer show up in chat and you can't talk is really annoying. Someone was spamming full messages of 'u' in region chat earlier and there didn't seem to be any spam filter and there wasn't a quick way to ignore him. The social/chat stuff is definitely the glaring flaw of the game imo.

The social stuff in this game needs massive improvements. It's super clunky and unintuitive to add friends, ignore people, and even see who is online. As far as I can tell there's nothing to show if someone is online or not so you have to turn off the "show offline" filter, but that resets as soon as you close the friends menu. The bug where your messages no longer show up in chat and you can't talk is really annoying. Someone was spamming full messages of 'u' in region chat earlier and there didn't seem to be any spam filter and there wasn't a quick way to ignore him. The social/chat stuff is definitely the glaring flaw of the game imo.

Sometimes when sending messages to the Pantheon they don't even go through at times.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Clearos can u invite again i did ask in chat

Cracklox

Hmmm, so for clan leaders it appears the amount of people you can recruit is limited to the amount of people in your clan only. That is, as opposed to the whole Pantheon. Not sure how far Clearos authority gives him though,

Just had an issue with inviting someone because I already have the max under me despite still having spots left within the Pantheon. Turns out you can shuffle people around and said person is now in, but worth knowing especially for Clearos

Clearos

Hmmm, so for clan leaders it appears the amount of people you can recruit is limited to the amount of people in your clan only. That is, as opposed to the whole Pantheon. Not sure how far Clearos authority gives him though,

Just had an issue with inviting someone because I already have the max under me despite still having spots left within the Pantheon. Turns out you can shuffle people around and said person is now in, but worth knowing especially for Clearos

I did some research. All commanders have the exact same power as me minus you can't kick me from the guild. So yeah, we need to just shuffle people around so the commanders have open spots in their clans for inviting. If raiding or events are clan specific we can move people around pretty quickly. I was dumping people into clan four so my clan was open.

Cracklox

I did some research. All commanders have the exact same power as me minus you can't kick me from the guild. So yeah, we need to just shuffle people around so the commanders have open spots in their clans for inviting. If raiding or events are clan specific we can move people around pretty quickly. I was dumping people into clan four so my clan was open.

Yeah, it was confusing for a bit, but shuffling works. That said I think we may still have 1 or 2 non Gafers onboard still. I think I'll let you do the kicking lol

Ploid 3.0

I'm capped on the colored things, now I have to wait until next reset to play my new Kinetic. I got a few abilities unlocked before I ran out at least.

Armaros

I d/led it yesterday and I'll try to play some tonight after work.

Seems interesting and I like the testing grounds for new classes.

Tenebrous

Graphics look amazing for an MMO.

I'll ask again - Is there a really time consuming, grindy-as-hell skill system in this game? I want something kinda similar to Runescape.

Top Bottom