• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slate : Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con_Smith

Banned
Feels like at this point both sides are slinging shit to try and keep their side ahead. Clinton wants to muddy Trump and move the story on from her - Trump wants to keep the word email in whatever story he can.

This seems really light not a sign of much; I mean he does have business ties to Russia and that's not actually a crime.

Needs a bit more and I'm just very dubious now that the Democrat reaction to anything is to shout Russia clearly because they think it works on the doorstep.

At this point video of Trump sucking Putin off would get a pass for not enough angles. Where there is smoke there is fire and this shits been burning for months.

Is this getting any play mainstream outside of the Slate article?
I hope it does but... Like someone said on P1, this seems too difficult for the average person to understand without the headline being written clearly about a narrative

Gutek

I hope it does but... Like someone said on P1, this seems too difficult for the average person to understand without the headline being written clearly about a narrative
No mention on CNN so far.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

The only other place I have seen it is Hillary's facebook page. A lot of the comments underneath her post have to do with her emails though.

Kerned

Banned

None. All I see anywhere are emails, emails, emails. Nothing about the other candidate's apparent treason anywhere.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The only other place I have seen it is Hillary's facebook page. A lot of the comments underneath her post have to do with her emails though.

Lmao

Your candidate possibly working for a hostile foreign government. Maybe self reflect a little on your choices in presidential candidates...

Naw, but what about them emails tho?

A good percentage of our population needs to be flushed down the toilet. Or sent to Florida.

Ding II

This seems really light not a sign of much; I mean he does have business ties to Russia and that's not actually a crime.

Citation needed. Seriously. I don't know the details of the sanctions regime currently in place against Russia. Are business ties of the sort Trump might "normally" have with a Russian bank legal right now?

newjeruse

That's actually a pretty good insight, although I can't imagine Trump would be handling the bulk of this communication personally.
There is so much noise as we approach the election. For this story to get any traction, it will have to be boiled down to sound bytes like, "Donald Trump is awake at 3 am because that's when he takes his morning orders from the Kremlin."

DogDude

Saw this in a comment on reddit: If you read the story, Slate is scooping the NYT, so we can probably expect their writeup soon.
New York Times: U.S. Officials Doubt Donald Trump Has Direct Link to Russia

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/0...ald-trump.html?referer=https://www.google.com
WASHINGTON — For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead — which they ultimately came to doubt — about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.

Sounds like Slate knew NYT was coming out with this so tried jumping he gun.

tuxfool

Banned
Sounds like Slate knew NYT was coming out with this so tried jumping he gun.

The article doesn't outright deny Slate's story, it notes the evidence is as circumstantial as the Slate article itself suggests. It does, however go counter the Mother Jones article.

I really can't get behind this with as little evidence as there is. It's too forced, too timed to connect with the email investigation (Reid's letter). How many people will be convinced in this week that trump is colluding with the Russians? Undecideds aren't typically like the altright wingers who believe every fricking Alex Jones morsel.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Thread will die now just like the one about Trump advocating double voting died once it was debunked. It doesn't really matter though...b/c we got multiple pages and the perception and disinformation (fud) has done the damage.

Need to pan your avatar a bit further right to show us what's written on it!

The people who believe the Alex Jones conspiracy theory shit are just as convinced its true as the people that believe the Russian link BS think this is true.

I fucking hate Donald Trump, but this stuff sounds batshit insane even for him.

Edit:

Naadir Jeewa (@randomvariable) said:
You know what? We need to ask DNC Chief of Finance Staff, Scott Comer, what his link is with the Trump-Alfa-Putin-Hotel-Email conspiracy is
https://twitter.com/randomvariable/status/793259992333901825

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I really can't get behind this with as little evidence as there is. It's too forced, too timed to connect with the email investigation (Reid's letter). How many people will be convinced in this week that trump is colluding with the Russians? Undecideds aren't typically like the altright wingers who believe every fricking Alex Jones morsel.
Well, is it too timed, or is it not timed well to make a difference? Maybe the only timing that matters is that there's mere days left in the election and if any remaining investigations are going to be of any significance to the election, they basically need to be revealed now?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Where are the Russian hacks of Trump servers? The FBI are being cowards.

Thread will die now just like the one about Trump advocating double voting died once it was debunked. It doesn't really matter though...b/c we got multiple pages and the perception and disinformation (fud) has done the damage.

Debunked? Ballots that have already been mailed can't be canceled so he did urge some people to vote twice.

Gutek

Hillary on it now:

Cw_Ii_Ix_KWEAAWZ0_jpg_large.jpg

Hillary campaign with egg on their faces.

Either way, by not announcing they were looking into this to the public, they were playing favorites.

Pretty much this. This is still a big takeaway.

Also, why was this supposed server apparently turned off the moment questions started being asked which seemed to be another point brought up.

Amir0x

Banned
Hillary campaign with egg on their faces.
Nah. Innuendo the fuck outta this. Get in the mud. Too much at stake. Voters too dumb to parse. Trump wants to get up there and fling bullshit, time for Hillary to weaponize innuendo even better. We can cry about how hypocritical that was after we win the Senate and get our Supreme Court Nominations.

Done unilaterally disarming with these fuckwads.

Amir0x

Banned
I say we just call this election a scratch. Four more years of Obama and then we try again. Agreed?
No fuck giving up the most qualified and hardworking candidate of my life with a history of fighting for the disenfranchised because of a fucking email server and fearmongering bullshit innuendo.

Hillary is a goddamn awesome candidate, and we are going to annihilate Trump. Then, we will destroy his life until all around him is embers. Fuck this cowering bullshit. What this man has done to this country is obscene and he will pay. His business will collapse around him. His wife will divorce him. He will go bankrupt a fifth time. He will die old and alone. And we are going to make it happen, starting with deconstructing his ego piece by piece on election day.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Nah. Innuendo the fuck outta this. Get in the mud. Too much at stake. Voters too dumb to parse. Trump wants to get up there and fling bullshit, time for Hillary to weaponize innuendo even better. We can cry about how hypocritical that was after we win the Senate and get our Supreme Court Nominations.

Done unilaterally disarming with these fuckwads.

But the optics, ami!

As if anyone cares but nerds in the topic care about it in 10-15 years. All that matters is the stuff got done.

joebruin

No fuck giving up the most qualified and hardworking candidate of my life with a history of fighting for the disenfranchised because of a fucking email server and fearmongering bullshit innuendo.

Hillary is a goddamn awesome candidate, and we are going to annihilate Trump. Then, we will destroy his life until all around him is embers. Fuck this cowering bullshit. What this man has done to this country is obscene and he will pay. His business will collapse around him. His wife will divorce him. He will go bankrupt a fifth time. He will die old and alone. And we are going to make it happen, starting with deconstructing his ego piece by piece on election day.

Reverend Amir0x

Amir0x

Banned
But the optics, ami!

As if anyone cares but nerds in the topic care about it in 10-15 years. All that matters is the stuff got done.
Yup. Anyones favorite president has done worse. Nobody remembers though if a sum totality of a mans accomplishments is a greater good.

Read enough historical biographies and you will become a realist real fast. People have this ideal, but we have one life. Every second is a rush to try to get the most possible people access to a better life. And if you do that, nobody cares you had to get in the mud a bit to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom