• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Dries

We've investigated and it appears that this is actually a currently common driver issue that's not specific to Sleeping Dogs.

If you take a look at this post, you’ll see that your issue is happening on other games with that card. We can safely say, then, that this is a hardware/driver issues, which will surely get fixed by nVidia/hardware manufacturer.

You can find the official thread in which nVidia talks about this driver issue causing stuttering on 680 series here: VSYNC Causing HUGE stuttering problems 680.

I hope this info helps.

But I have a ATI card...

Monkeythumbz

Communications Manager, nDreams
Think you could pull off Wei Shen cosplay, like UFG artist Garson Kwan? If so, you could win a highly sought after, limited edition high quality giant-sized Sleeping Dogs poster signed by Tyler Stout. Follow this link to see Wei Shen brought to life in the real world with startling accuracy... as well as to find out how to win that poster :)

Replied in the thread.

I don't think I'll be able to answer your question in that thread with the resources I have. Fortunately, fullscreen mode works fine for me on my system now. I'm actually very impressed with how this game performs, at least for me. I'm able to down sample from 2560x1440 with almost everything maxed and I'm averaging over 60 fps with some occasional drops into the high 40s when racing around town.

I'm currently playing Saints Row the Third and that game on the other hand is a technical disaster on my AMD card.

Amory

So I can't get the game to run without a window border regardless of whether or not I select "full screen" in the options menu.

Anyone know how to fix this?

So I can't get the game to run without a window border regardless of whether or not I select "full screen" in the options menu.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Initially for me, I had to lower my resolution significantly in the game and then the Full Screen would actually work and then I could crank the res back up and it stayed on. I had to do this every time I started the game, but after about a week it just started working normally without the changing constantly. I assumed it was because of a patch. It couldn't hurt to try that though if you haven't already.

So, just started Sleeping Dogs, and it's fun so far, but I've run into a weird bug. I'm trying to do the face mission where there's a woman named Michelle who wants you to drive her car into the harbor. Problem is, when I get to her car it's completely totaled and undrivable. I've tried restarting the mission, but whenever I get to the car it's in the same smashed up state.

Is this a known issue? Is this mission now totally impossible to complete? If so, does it matter, or can I just skip it and forget about it?

So, just started Sleeping Dogs, and it's fun so far, but I've run into a weird bug. I'm trying to do the face mission where there's a woman named Michelle who wants you to drive her car into the harbor. Problem is, when I get to her car it's completely totaled and undrivable. I've tried restarting the mission, but whenever I get to the car it's in the same smashed up state.

Is this a known issue? Is this mission now totally impossible to complete? If so, does it matter, or can I just skip it and forget about it?

The car is suppose to look like that. You should just be able to walk up and get in.

Its normal.

Just get it to the destination without fucking it up much worse lol

jediyoshi

Square Enix's log in system with facebook is so incredibly broken it hurts.

Even though your account is hard locked to an email, doing password recovery on that email prompts it as not existing. And you can't change password through any settings menu even if you're already logged in. And you only need to change your password because the forum doesn't recognize that you're logged in through square-enix.com and you don't have the password to enter into the forum login prompt. And all of this is only a problem because the forum itself doesn't give the option for facebook login. Good lord.

Amory

Initially for me, I had to lower my resolution significantly in the game and then the Full Screen would actually work and then I could crank the res back up and it stayed on. I had to do this every time I started the game, but after about a week it just started working normally without the changing constantly. I assumed it was because of a patch. It couldn't hurt to try that though if you haven't already.

This worked perfectly, thanks!

thetechkid

I just finished this game and loved it, top five games of the year for me in terms of fun and how much I wanted to continue playing it. Now I'm wondering if I should get the Nightmare DLC or wait for the second one and have both to play back to back. Also will there be more story DLC or is it just those two?

Finished Nightmare and it was alright (LOL at the ending)

what the fuck is with this 30/35 mission bullshit in the main game (i thought they were due to having Nightmare but it didn't change after i finished it)

plus the complete a case acheivement didn't trigger for me and i solved all the cases (i got the solve all cases achievement though LOL).

also forgot to add: whoever said that antifreeze scripting bug was easily reproducable wasn't kidding, that shit needs to be fixed.

mileS

Yea I'm looking forward to seeing what this is. Scared me at first. I thought the game was redownloading itself or the HD texture pack.

More DLC hidden in the patches only to release unlock keys?

This isn't a multiplayer game ffs! Stop making me download GB upon GB of worthless stuff I can't actually use.

I've requested patch notes and will get back to you with them as soon as is humanly possible. So, given time zone delays, probs on Monday.

So you have no idea on what the 30/35 thing is about? (is it a glitch, preparation for free DLC since paying for that would be fucked, etc)

and why the solve a case acheivement didn't unlock for me but yet the solve all cases one did?

Another unhappy bunny here.
Forced 4.5GB download for DLC i haven't bought? Really?

I can't wait for monday to see what this update actually is but until then Sleeping Dogs is on updates paused. Not interested in blowing my download cap for something i'm not going to use.

If it's DLC so people who can't buy DLC from the store then just limit it to those countries.

So you have no idea on what the 30/35 thing is about? (is it a glitch, preparation for free DLC since paying for that would be fucked, etc)

and why the solve a case acheivement didn't unlock for me but yet the solve all cases one did?
Try doing a fight club again if you haven't, solved a bugged trophie for me.

Monkeythumbz

Changes
  • Support for upcoming DLC packs including the Zodiac Tournament
  • Added the option to disable the in-world GPS arrows
  • Various minor UI and gameplay fixes
Unfortunately the fix for the v-sync issue didn't make it into 1.8, but we should be able to get it into 1.9 (which won’t be far off).
[/LIST]

Oemenia

Banned
Quick question, I recently got the game and it itching to play it. Unfortunately my parents are always watching TV on the big screen but I do have a 1080p 22" in my room.

My question is, is it a game you have to play on a large screen because I remember a number of games being a total bore on small like screen such as Red Dead and Gears 3 (enjoyed then way more on the 46").

Dries

Changes
  • Support for upcoming DLC packs including the Zodiac Tournament
  • Added the option to disable the in-world GPS arrows
  • Various minor UI and gameplay fixes
Unfortunately the fix for the v-sync issue didn't make it into 1.8, but we should be able to get it into 1.9 (which won’t be far off).
[/LIST]

Is the V-sync issue the stuttering issue?

Bladenic

Just beat it, praying for a sequel. Amazing game, definitely in contention for my GOTY. Still have the lock boxes, races, jobs, cockfights, and buying all the cars and clothes to do. The final missions were really great, especially mission 29. Actually, this is honestly provably the most fun and non frustrating open world game I have ever played, especially the story missions. I was never once frustrated. Perhaps it's because AC3 was my last open world game and well, yeah. But regardless, this game rocks.

I'm disappointed that the high roller outfit isn't selectable. After that mission I kept it on Wei because its badass, but I don't see it in the pre outfits anywhere. Lame.

Good game. Wei Shen is a great asian protagonist and I like how capable he was. The melee was really fun and I enjoyed getting the melee upgrades more than anything.

The story also turned out pretty good even if production values was good. The similarities was very close to Infernal Affairs, though at a later part in the game, I actually feel the pain and pressure of what Wei was suffering under. It impressed me that the game could make me care about his plight in such a way.

Still, I think the Hong Kong was cool but not realized. the radio stations were mostly meh. But in songs but also in commercials and such.

Finished this up on PC a few days ago. No stutters or technical issues like a lot of you are reporting, but I had it installed on an SSD if that matters. Great game overall, loved it
3AQmK.gif

Monkeythumbz

Click the poster for more info.

The Zodiac Tournament will be available to download this week for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on the following dates:

• Xbox LIVE – Tuesday 18th December for 400MSP
  • PlayStation Network (North America) - Tuesday 18th December for $4.99
  • PlayStation Network (Europe) - Wednesday 19th December for €3.99 / £3.19
  • Steam - Wednesday 19th December for $4.99 / €3.99 / £3.19

Bladenic

No trophies in this DLC from what I've read. Bit disappointing but won't ruin my excitement for it when I get around to it.

Wait really? That's pretty lame. Oh well no big, as long as it's good. I haven't seen any impressions though, I'm waiting for the PS store to update (as usual).

Wait really? That's pretty lame. Oh well no big, as long as it's good. I haven't seen any impressions though, I'm waiting for the PS store to update (as usual).
Yeah this is from their Twitter. They originaully said there were going to be trophies but no biggie.

CORRECTION: There are *no* new Achievements/Trophies in 'The Zodiac Tournament' DLC pack. Sincere apologies for the confusion on my part.

I like trophies but it doesn't bother me that the DLC don't have it. I couldn't be arsed to get all of them on Nightmare anyway so now my trophiestat is sitting at an annoying 96%.

Top Bottom