• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
They are pretty identical though IGN reports some texture issues with loading on the PS3 that I didn't have on the 360 but I spent only a couple hours with the 360 version. Other than that, nothing huge to report really between the two.

Hmm. 360 it is. Thanks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I like how collectibles show up on your map when you collect them. Perfect for the collecting whoring later in the game when you need to find the last couple collectibles. Just use a guide and compare

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
Really? That's awesome.

From an earlier post...

Look familiar?

id3j0yI0t3cwD.png

Fucking loving this game.

Hope there is more.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Fifteen hours later, and I finally downloaded it. This is my most anticipated game of the year, so I can't wait to dive in.

My last statement about GMG, as I'm now downloading via Steam. The seemingly small amount of savings is not worth the headache and frustration. I just don't feel good about supporting such shit customer service and screw ups. Maybe there is a bigger story here, but there has been NO RESPONSE in the forums, and with people ordering the game today getting keys; well I find that to be out of line. They've already charged me, I should be getting my key first. Anyway, I will either get a refund or be putting my key up for sale here on GAF. With such an unknown regarding the distribution of the keys I just don't really want to wait around anymore.

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
My last statement about GMG, as I'm now downloading via Steam. The seemingly small amount of savings is not worth the headache and frustration. It just don't feel good about supporting such shit customer service and screw ups. Maybe there is a bigger story here, but there has been NO RESPONSE in the forums, and with people ordering the game today getting keys; well I find that to be out of line. They've already charged me, I should be getting my key first. Anyway, I will either get a refund or be putting my key up for sale here on GAF. With such an unknown regarding the distribution of the keys I just don't really want to wait around anymore.

Ugh, so close to doing the same.

ironcreed

Banned
Cancelled my pre-order because I am currently swamped and will have Darksiders II today, but I am thinking of going to pick it up anyway. Still very much want to play this damn game.

Zep

Banned
My last statement about GMG, as I'm now downloading via Steam. The seemingly small amount of savings is not worth the headache and frustration. I just don't feel good about supporting such shit customer service and screw ups. Maybe there is a bigger story here, but there has been NO RESPONSE in the forums, and with people ordering the game today getting keys; well I find that to be out of line. They've already charged me, I should be getting my key first. Anyway, I will either get a refund or be putting my key up for sale here on GAF. With such an unknown regarding the distribution of the keys I just don't really want to wait around anymore.

Will be doing the same if no key by the time I get home tonight.

LiK

Cancelled my pre-order because I am currently swamped and will have Darksiders II today, but I am thinking of going to pick it up anyway. Still very much want to play this damn game.

canceling on GMG easy? i don't want them to have my money anymore.

hyduK

Banned
Fucking bullshit.

From the extracts ive seen this review is filled with nothing but positives....8.5
It seems your game has to have some name behind it to score 9+, i know 8.5 is good....but if GTA4 can do 10 no way this cant score a 9.
What did they not like? (I refuse to give IGN any hits)

Im so tired of seeing reviews.....but so many people depend on them for purchases......everyone needs to buy this game if only to say thank you to Square for saving it from oblivion.

I wonder if GTA4 wasnt called GTA4 would it still have scored 10s?
Considering, Gunplay wasnt that good, Driving was a chore, fist-fighting was pointless the story was OK and the characters were amazing....but was it really a 10 out 10 game?

Sorry. Disagree with the bolded, and I feel like too many developers think this way (not specific to this situation, but they feel like since they made a game we should buy it). Consumers don't owe developers shit, especially in an age when there's an ABUNDANCE of AAA (in terms of quality, not budget) titles available. There's barely enough time for me to play all the good games, let alone the ones that are decent...but not quite there yet. Call me when it's there, because I don't have enough time to play a half baked game even if it does do a few things pretty well.

This isn't specific to Sleeping Dogs, just the bolded statement in general.

Fletcher

JUST got my key. I'm alright waiting a little bit longer to play if it means I'm saving $30+ with each new release. Some of you guys are so dramatic.

Sorry. Disagree with the bolded, and I feel like too many developers think this way (not specific to this situation, but they feel like since they made a game we should buy it). Consumers don't owe developers shit, especially in an age when there's an ABUNDANCE of AAA (in terms of quality, not budget) titles available. There's barely enough time for me to play all the good games, let alone the ones that are decent...but not quite there yet. Call me when it's there, because I don't have enough time to play a half baked game even if it does do a few things pretty well.

This isn't specific to Sleeping Dogs, just the bolded statement in general.

I agree. Gamers shouldn't just support a game because of a publisher/developer logo slapped in the lower left corner of the box. The game needs to be well polished, have good gameplay, and be worthy of our time - especially as the older you get, you have less free time to dedicate to games.

Zep

Banned
JUST got my key. I'm alright waiting a little bit longer to play if it means I'm saving $30+ with each new release. Some of you guys are so dramatic.

I didn't know saving money and getting a game later than expected were exclusive to each other.

Hawk269

Same..just got the key....I need everyone else to NOT use steam for a little bit so I can download this bitch as fast as possible!

Everyone who waits to download gets a cookie!

anddo0

You are receiving this email because the keys for Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition (NA) that you have been waiting for have been just added to your account.

About time... Too bad I'm leaving in the next hour :/

Pretty damn good performance wise. I'm really unsure about the controls on KB & M though. There's some weird camera fighting going on between the motion of the vehicle and the actual mouse control. Seems like it's not intended to be an unlocked 360 camera. When you turn left, so does your camera...so if you adjust your camera with the mouse during this, the two fight and it swings back and forth. Backing up and trying to look around is a fucking nightmare.

The mouse controls are poor. It feels floaty and laggy and imprecise. In fairness, I only played for 30 minutes and I didn't even use a gun or drive a car yet, but just the running around and melee combat camera control was bad. It might be tolerable (in the same way that AC2+ is tolerable with a mouse) but it's miles behind many other third person games in fluidity of mouse controls. I know I stand on the last bastion of defending KBM control schemes in third person games, but there are games that do it next to perfectly out there, so it pisses me off when a game botches it.

Well, the situation was made worse by the fact that GMG maintained complete silence throughout the entire ordeal.

I agree overall, though. GMG has been good for me with the other 10 orders I've placed with them. The savings are undeniable, and one slip-up isn't enough to deter me from using them again.

JoeBoy101

Further update:

If on the PC, I HIGHLY recommend using the controller. Though a tad jittery, the controls feel much better than KB+M.

And, in more good news, plugging in a controller does not lock out KB+M controls. So you can grab the mouse for the inevitable sniper rifle sequence. Or if the shooting is too clumsy with controller.

Hawk269

Same..just got the key....I need everyone else to NOT use steam for a little bit so I can download this bitch as fast as possible!

Everyone who waits to download gets a cookie!

Download it going quick....18% in a matter of minutes!! Once it is done, will download the Hi-Res pack.

Will also post benchmarks using a GTX-690.

LiK

Well, the situation was made worse by the fact that GMG maintained complete silence throughout the entire ordeal.

I agree overall, though. GMG has been good for me with the other 10 orders I've placed with them. The savings are undeniable, and one slip-up isn't enough to deter me from using them again.

never again for me.

Amagon

Just came back picking up some General Tso's chicken in for lunch in honor of this games released and glad to see the GMG keys have finally been sent.

update. Just got my key.

Still, this will be my last time shopping there. Just seems kind of shady.

What's shady? Because we got it 9 to 10 hours later which really means we got it in the morning? It's late at best but shady?

People are acting like they didn't get their key for a week.

Yeah. But saving $20 from a $50 game for about half day delay. Hmmmm.

I'm still on the fence if I'm gonna cancel my borderland 2 prepurchase. $36 is a hell of a good price and let's face it, there really is no good reason to preorder or get pc games at launch. Keys drivers bugs etc.

And I expect shit being worst next gen when games get more complicated.

JohngPR

Just got my key 15 minutes ago, east coast here.

Currently DL from Steam.

"Dear JohngPR,

You are receiving this email because the keys for Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition (NA) that you have been waiting for have been just added to your account."

Not sure if this is just their stock answer when they send you a key, but it sounded funny to me. LOL

Top Bottom