• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

F#A#Oo

Banned
The only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing just how slim the PS3 is AND if it will be a reliable machine.

It seems to me that after 1 or 2 there seems to be real unreliability issues...I wonder how Sony will solve the sound damping and the excellent fan they have in the current PS3's.

Sirolf said:
Well..Back to the reality :D

Here is an ad , courtesy of ps3gen.fr, from Carrefour a big french (and mondial!) supermarket chain :

2ujgtok.jpg

Old PS3 form for the picture but it says clearly "New Console,new price"

Bam final proof :D
Noice :D :D :D

spwolf

F#A#Oo said:
The only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing just how slim the PS3 is AND if it will be a reliable machine.

It seems to me that after 1 or 2 there seems to be real unreliability issues...I wonder how Sony will solve the sound damping and the excellent fan they have in the current PS3's.

sound damping?

I found this hidden in the flash file.

wgoied.jpg

I think it means we'll be seeing the return of the Legendary Solderer.

Arkham said:
PS3 Slim spotted in the wild!
Pls Ekskooz Mi Choppin Skilz kthxbai

heh, nice that you put the squirrel out of focus.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Graphics Horse said:

;) I thought it'd be better than just slapping the slim on top. I blurred the couple out a few levels but gave up after I began to think I was just really, really hammered.

HUELEN10

Hitokage said:
My suggestion would be to have the three portraits evenly spaced as if they were pictures on a wall...

...in every household.
What about if said household already has an Iwata portrait and a cinderblock that says "RARE SUX"? Wouldn't that be tacky? :p

Massa

demosthenes said:
Could this be coming out in Europe only on Sep 1st? We've only really seen leaks coming from Europe...

Maybe, but some retailers in NA are out of stock on the fats already.

reKon said:
There is. But, I can't imagine what would happen to the gaming portion of the internet if the Slim was a dream and there was no price cut and they instead unveiled the PSP2 in pink with a hannah montana for like $120.
that would be so funny. but theyre discontinuing production of ps2 in november

spwolf

demosthenes said:
Could this be coming out in Europe only on Sep 1st? We've only really seen leaks coming from Europe...

actual date of sept 1st who knows, why not... but it wont be euro exclusive or anything. All markets are burning through their PS3 supplies right now with discounts to help sales.

spwolf

F#A#Oo said:
Sony has some sound damping tech in the casing of the PS3...thus why it is so quiet.

its quiet because of high quality fans, until the dust blocks them, then everything goes beserk. I cant say i have noticing anything special except that component felt high quality, especially fan, when i took apart my 20 GB to clean it from the inside.

demosthenes said:
Um, what? Where did you read that?
it was known for a while. theyre going to stop making ps2s in november. thats why they did this http://theparanoidgamer.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/ps2-emulation-coming-to-ps3-very-soon/ so they can release ps2 BC in a firmware update along with voice chat in 3.0, pair that with ps3 slim at 300 and gt5/killzone 2 bundle and sony gets 1st place this holiday season

edit: for ferther proof http://scrawlfx.com/2009/08/sony-rep-price-drop-and-backwards-compatibility-coming-soon

F#A#Oo

Banned
spwolf said:
its quiet because of high quality fans, until the dust blocks them, then everything goes beserk. I cant say i have noticing anything special except that component felt high quality, especially fan, when i took apart my 20 GB to clean it from the inside.

I remember some article before the PS3 was released talking with an engineer who helped create the casing for the PS3 and how it had sound damping properties.

Phreak47

Pandaman said:
Not only that, but doesn't .98 mean 'clearance' in stores that use the .9x system? :lol

The most obvious thing is the description. Take out the "1" from "160GB", and you have an exact description of the original launch 60GB. 4 USB ports? Card readers? Full backwards compatibility?

The Kmart one might be real though... or a much much better fake.

CamHostage said:
It's like when the cops get a phony calls about a bomb at a school, they still have to sweep the building even though they know it's just some snot-nosed kid trying to get out of a test.

Stop here a second. Did you just seriously compare fake video game news to bomb threats?

matmanx1

I'm expecting the price drop. I really think it's going to be announced for September 1.

The PS3 slim launch for Sept 1 I am not convinced of. Sony could just be clearing stock of the 80's for the 160's to be the new standard. I *do* hope the Slim is real but we've really had very little evidence of the Slim being ready for launch this quickly.

spwolf

F#A#Oo said:
I remember some article before the PS3 was released talking with an engineer who helped create the casing for the PS3 and how it had sound damping properties.

might be in the design of the case, who knows... plastic is just your average plastics, nothing special or quality, but components inside looked pretty nice and solid. And huge :lol

Sirolf

matmanx1 said:
I'm expecting the price drop. I really think it's going to be announced for September 1.

The PS3 slim launch for Sept 1 I am not convinced of. Sony could just be clearing stock of the 80's for the 160's to be the new standard. I *do* hope the Slim is real but we've really had very little evidence of the Slim being ready for launch this quickly.

Very little evidence ?
Perhaps in good ol'USA there are not much clues but here in Europe i'm under impression even my street's bakery is aware of the Slim :lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
damaster129 said:
it was known for a while. theyre going to stop making ps2s in november. thats why they did this http://theparanoidgamer.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/ps2-emulation-coming-to-ps3-very-soon/ so they can release ps2 BC in a firmware update along with voice chat in 3.0, pair that with ps3 slim at 300 and gt5/killzone 2 bundle and sony gets 1st place this holiday season

edit: for ferther proof http://scrawlfx.com/2009/08/sony-rep-price-drop-and-backwards-compatibility-coming-soon
Holy shit, I did not know about this. Fantastic if true.

Sirolf

matmanx1 said:

edit : double post..Damn 500 errors !

~capsule

Neo Member
Graphics Horse said:
I found this hidden in the flash file.

legendarysoldier.jpg
I think it means we'll be seeing the return of the Legendary Solderer.

It's all leading up to this:
sfwgav.png

Sirolf said:
Very little evidence ?
Perhaps in good ol'USA there are not much clues but here in Europe i'm under impression even my street's bakery is aware of the Slim :lol

Yeah, my local bakers had PS3 Slim cupcakes and ginger biscuits all ready for the big launch.

spwolf

damaster129 said:

lol, you are so full of shit its not even funny... ps2 is not being discontinued dear lord.

HUELEN10

spwolf said:
lol, you are so full of shit its not even funny... ps2 is not being discontinued dear lord.
Maybe his source is full of shit, but what makes you so sure the PS2 is not being discontinued soon? It is near 10 years old, and isn't there just one game scheduled for release in the coming year?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
HUELEN10 said:
Maybe his source is full of shit, but what makes you so sure the PS2 is not being discontinued soon? It is near 10 years old, and isn't there just one game scheduled for release in the coming year?
Doesn't it still sell decently? I don't follow sale-age these days.

Kasumi1970 said:
what?? they better not discontinued the ps2. or they better put bc in the ps3 again

Read more of his posts and that's what he is implying. A supposed patent from Sony has the RSX and Cell now emulating the GS.

spwolf

HUELEN10 said:

uhm, sony financial statements? one game scheduled? where do you people pickup this shit? :lol

demosthenes said:
Read more of his posts and that's what he is implying. A supposed patent from Sony has the RSX and Cell now emulating the GS.
Ma dudes, that arcticle is old. May old. Just like sony patenting the wand for their motion sensing, they patented the emulation, which all 40 gbs, new 80gbs, and 160gbs could all play ps2 games with, through the emulation. Read the arcticle, interesting read. And my bad if the ps2 being discontinued is wrong , i thought i heard it somewhere but honestly, theres NOTHING else going for it. and the ps2 bc update ( aka 3.0) comments the ps2 being discontinued.

Consumer: I wanna play ps2 games sony

Sony: buy ps3

edit: ps i posted this link already http://scrawlfx.com/2009/08/sony-rep...ty-coming-soon but that only supports the link above, with sony putting bc in all ps3s via update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom