• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwolf

damaster129 said:
and the ps2 bc update ( aka 3.0) comments the ps2 being discontinued.

Consumer: I wanna play ps2 games sony

Sony: buy ps3

neogaf is not healthy place if you are used to playstation forums :lol

makes you go wild.... rawr.

spwolf said:
neogaf is not healthy place if you are used to playstation forums :lol

makes you go wild.... rawr.
yeah im feeling pretty wild. and i laughed at this: If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.

HUELEN10

SolidSnakex said:
Sony didn't discontinue the PSone until 2006 and the system came out in 1994. I really doubt they plan on discontinuing the PS2 this year.
They made PSONEs in 05?!?!?!?!?!?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:

They stopped manufacturing them exactly one year before the PS3 came out in Europe.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SolidSnakex said:
Sony didn't discontinue the PSone until 2006 and the system came out in 1994. I really doubt they plan on discontinuing the PS2 this year.
Yeah, doesn't make much sense at all.

Mikey Jr.

caliblue15 said:
July NPD US hardware totals:
DS 538.9K,
Wii 252.5K,
Xbox 360 202.9K,
PSP 122.8K,
PS3 121.8K,
PS2 108K

The SONY family there sells 350k units. The PS2 counts as 1/3. Would be kinda stupid now to completely discontinue it. It probably has a few more 100k's in it left with price drops.

Plus, it cant be that expensive to make PS2's.

Mikey Jr. said:
The SONY family there sells 350k units. The PS2 counts as 1/3. Would be kinda stupid now to completely discontinue it. It probably has a few more 100k's in it left with price drops.

Plus, it cant be that expensive to make PS2's.

It's gonna be a while before we see a $79.99 PS2, if ever.

damaster129 said:
it was known for a while. theyre going to stop making ps2s in november.

"it was known for a while" != "here's some bullshit I just made up"

HUELEN10 said:
Maybe his source is full of shit, but what makes you so sure the PS2 is not being discontinued soon?

Because the PS1 was still produced until 2006? Because every PS2 Sony sells is basically free money that requires no meaningful effort on their part to acquire?

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
HUELEN10 said:

That is one of the main reasons I respect Sony. They're always in for the long haul, and go more for momentum than flash, and quality over quantity. Most of the time it pays off, the rest of the time in just fanboy fodder.

iceatcs

Can't wait whenever it reveal
PSSlimEPICott-1.gif

HUELEN10

Loudninja said:
Well Sony is making silver , red and blue DS3 controllers.
MS makes blue, pink, and red 360 controllers, your point? I don't think it has anything directly to do with anything, but I would love a PS3 Slim in that blue actually.

i think if the ps3 slim is announced at germany on the 18th, if it isnt 300 or lower, thers going to be a meltdown. everyones gonna say WTF SONY WTH ARE YOU DOING PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR 3OO, ITS THE PERFECT PRICE. Honestly people are such babies. Ill give an example. Around christmas 08 (black friday to be exact) my friend goes out to buy a ps3. I ask how much did you get it for? He says 500. I said you didnt get bargin. Why did you wait till black friday? because it was black friday. Point is people have very dumb mentalities and their minds tell them"oh im a baby if the ps3 slim is 301 dollars im not getting it till it drops to 300 exactly. 350 would be a great price still. But im calling gaf meltdown if its one penny above 299.99 US

iceatcs

damaster129 said:
i think if the ps3 slim is announced at germany on the 18th, if it isnt 300 or lower, thers going to be a meltdown. everyones gonna say WTF SONY WTH ARE YOU DOING PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR 3OO, ITS THE PERFECT PRICE. Honestly people are such babies. Ill give an example. Around christmas 08 (black friday to be exact) my friend goes out to buy a ps3. I ask how much did you get it for? He says 500. I said you didnt get bargin. Why did you wait till black friday? because it was black friday. Point is people have very dumb mentalities and their minds tell them"oh im a baby if the ps3 slim is 301 dollars im not getting it till it drops to 300 exactly. 350 would be a great price still. But im calling gaf meltdown if its one penny above 299.99 US
TRANSLATOR-GUY_1140397d.jpg

alternade

YESSSS!!! Just found out I have the 18th off!!:lol

The conferences are not going to be streamed correct? Will Eurogamer/1up have a live blog?

btkadams

charlequin said:
Because the PS1 was still produced until 2006? Because every PS2 Sony sells is basically free money that requires no meaningful effort on their part to acquire?
wasn't that 10 years on the market? ps2 will be discontinued after 10 years as well, which means 2010. sony has said this millions of times so im guessing it will be nov 2010 when they stop selling them or something.

but hey, i'm from the OT so don't take me too seriously.

Carl

alternade said:
YESSSS!!! Just found out I have the 18th off!!:lol

The conferences are not going to be streamed correct? Will Eurogamer/1up have a live blog?

EU Playstation blog will have LiveBlog. Eurogamer usually has one.

CamHostage

CamHostage said:
It's like when the cops get a phony calls about a bomb at a school, they still have to sweep the building even though they know it's just some snot-nosed kid trying to get out of a test.
Kulock said:
Stop here a second. Did you just seriously compare fake video game news to bomb threats?

Fake bomb threats, pizza order ditches, phony police reporting, dangling a telemarketer, etc., yep -- it's dicks fucking around with people on a job because they know that those workers have little choice but to take the bait and answer the call.

That's way frigging different from comparing it to real bomb, by the way. You don't have to be a dick about it, I'm not actually talking about kids getting blown up, I'm talking about fakes. The analogy was in that it's people having to do a job (in this case posting news that they have little to no hope of officially verifying) that 9 out of 10 times are a whole lot of fuss for nothing. (In the case of anonymous bomb scare calls it's probably more like 9,999 out of 100,000 times, I can't imagine that SWAT actually gets that lucky to have the psycho call it in. I've been evacuated twice myself and wasn't afraid either time, and of course nothing ever happened.)

In journalism, of course, nobody could ever get hurt dealing with a possible prank, although since the blogosphere has shaved down the standards of editorial verification, they have shot WAY up in speed over mainstream journalistic outlets and have now become the choice of news delivery. So maybe nobody gets hurt by one prank story, but eventually somebody will be out of a job when their competition is getting 100k in hits from running wank news stories and nobody gives a damn about if their credibility is questionable as long as the stories (and rumor denials) come lightning-quick. You as a reader have also been hurt since, with so many fake stories making the rounds from kids and geeks trying to get their 15-minutes-o-fame, nobody really holds a news outlet accountable for getting fished in and so down spirals journalism. CNN was stating that Michael Jackson was in critical condition an hour after TMZ wrote of his death because a major news outlet (I believe the NY Times?) had a source feed them lies for probably a bit of payola, and nobody could get a word from the doctors nor could they go with TMZ's story when a reputable outlet like the Times was saying otherwise. In the 24-hour news cycle, you lose if you wait on hot stories and you also lose if you bite on a false lead, and when you're running a news business, you're certain to find yourself at some point having to ask yourself which loss will hurt worse.

Ettie

Carl said:
EU Playstation blog will have LiveBlog. Eurogamer usually has one.

Fantastic. I'll be sure and leave both this thread and that liveblog up that day. It's gonna be like Christmas or something.

Ettenra said:
Fantastic. I'll be sure and leave both this thread and that liveblog up that day. It's gonna be like Christmas or something.
Like i said, slim ps3 one penny over 300 or no ps3 slim at all ( reserved for TGS maybe) and there will be a meltdown.I wont be suprised if they save the announcement for last tho. Like with news channels, they advertise a really hot story and show it near the end, or like a crappy/new tv show announce an exclusive commercial so people will have to stick around.

spwolf

damaster129 said:

meltdowns are everywhere. there are going to be meltdowns whatever happens at GamesCon:
- PS3 Slim, No PS3 Slim, Slim at 499, Slim at 199, GT5 December, GT5 March, etc, etc.

I have 2 meltdowns when i open box of cereal for god sakes. Dont worry about meltdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom