• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egmont

Neo Member
elrechazao said:
We're not talking about taking away current BC, only that going forward the slims won't have the feature, leading to more psn ps2 titles for sale. Not that they'd patch out existing BC.

Yes, all conjecture.

Right, I was talking about software PS2 emulation; if they include that in a firmware update, but it only works for downloadable PSN titles instead of discs, it would be very... annoying.

Egmont said:
Right, I was talking about software PS2 emulation; if they include that in a firmware update, but it only works for downloadable PSN titles instead of discs, it would be very... annoying.

Still better then what some of us have now though.

Himuro said:
It'd still be shit, though.

I'd rather drink pee than eat a shit sandwich but that doesn't make either situation preferable.

Yeah. Still, there are some PS2 games I want to play again. If that's the only way I can do it outside of dropping another 100 bucks, I'll take it.

Tkawsome said:
Yeah. Still, there are some PS2 games I want to play again. If that's the only way I can do it outside of dropping another 100 bucks, I'll take it.

Ultimately I think the best way to play ps2 games will be to buy a ps2. Talking 5 years from now. Best, not "only" - if you want to play dreamcast games nowadays, you buy a dreamcast and the games. Emulation on pc or otherwise aside.

I dunno, I don't have big confidence in bc keeping old school gaming alive.

WARP10CK

Banned
Alot of people seem to think a reveal of a ps3 slim will happen at gamecon this week.
Personally I will be more than happy with a ps3 price cut

WARP10CK said:
Alot of people seem to think a reveal of a ps3 slim will happen at gamecon this week.
Personally I will be more than happy with a ps3 price cut

That's already happened at multiple retailers, so you should be happy.

Egmont

Neo Member
Insane Metal said:

watchmen-bloody-doomsday-clock.jpg

BenjaminG

Banned
Sentry said:
You somofabitch. :lol I'm not expecting anything, don't want to jump on the over-hype train headed straight for the meltdown dissapointment town.

Just trying to ascertain what can and can't be said just yet. I do like my job, some days.

Egmont said:
Goddamn, what's minimum wage like over there?

I think minimum wage is like take home $500. Or around that. It's been a while since I earned that.

BenjaminG said:
Just trying to ascertain what can and can't be said just yet. I do like my job, some days.

Is it hardware or software based? Why would Sony have NDA that ends the day BEFORE their conference. Silly Sony.

Egmont

Neo Member
BenjaminG said:
I think minimum wage is like take home $500. Or around that. It's been a while since I earned that.

Ah, that's a bit higher than in the US. Still, 1000AUD is like 830 US dollars, which really blows.

Egmont said:
Ah, that's a bit higher than in the US. Still, 1000AUD is like 830 US dollars, which really blows.

Try like 900. It is feasible that with the price drop calculated the way it usually is, the PS3 will be double the price in Australia it is everywhere else.

Egmont

Neo Member
kassatsu said:
Pretending to be an insider is banworthy. I would either post a time this "NDA" expires, or leave this thread.

Now, now, let's wait to see what the nice man has to say before we get our pitchforks and torches out.

BenjaminG said:
As I said; I do like my job!

I'm an insider and a trusted poster on GAF. If you PM me with the information, I'll confirm it and let the mods know that you are legit.

Promise.

Srsly.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom