• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowie

OuterWorldVoice said:
Someone? You mean the Australian Retailer on this board who claims he signed a Sony NDA that expires Monday? And then later edited that post because sixthaxis linked to that post? (see above)

I am not suggesting shenanigans, but I think I just listed some shenanigans.

And let me guess, Harvey Norman is an Australian chain?

If that's the case then our retail leak claims Sony made Harvey Norman employees sign an NDA, but that putting out flyers about it in an exceptionally crazy font, with PS3 game spine art down the side, somehow does not violate that NDA.

Interesting note: BenjaminG, the retail leak/NDA-signing/Sixthaxis-rebutting investigative journalist, has only ever posted about this thread/subject.

Well, the person who posted the original image is PAPO1990 from the Playstation EU community forums.. him and BenjaminG could be the same person I suppose, but if you're being skeptical then I don't see how you could connect those two.

mackaveli said:
wondering will they send me a different/fix my ps3 that doesn't turn on or read discs?

i know it doesn't read discs cause i swapped the blu-ray drive into another ps3 so it would work. Now it has YLOD and doesn't read discs. It would be awesome for $150 if they fixed it or sent me a diff ps3.

It might even be an original 60gb ps3 i forget.

If you get the YLOD, you will get another unit. If it was just the broken disc drive, you could have requested that you get your original model back.

dolemite

gofreak said:
Not posted? It's over 2 hours old at least so I'm kind of surprised.

Someone spotted this in a Harvey Norman:

dxfn74.jpg

http://community.eu.playstation.com...age?board.id=bANZ_PS3_general&thread.id=43374
I don't understand it, why the prince of persia font?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
dolemite said:
I don't understand it, why the prince of persia font?

These stores often just have an agency squirt this stuff out. It's a weird fotn choice but that by itself isn't surprising.

Loudninja

Major Supermarket Cuts PS3 Price in UK

Asda, the second biggest and one of the most popular supermarkets in the UK has cut the price of the 80GB PlayStation 3, offering the console and 2 selected games for just £250. The games that are up for grabs are also very good; you can get either LittleBigPlanet & Ghostbusters, Killzone 2 & Resistance 2 or Terminator & InFamous.

photo080y.jpg

http://www.ps3center.net//news/3520/major-supermarket-cuts-ps3-price-in-uk/

offshore

That's a great deal.

Man, I don't understand why Sony are not putting Wipeout on Blu-Ray...a well worthy exclusive that could do well in a deal like that....Wipeout + Uncharted and you're good to go.

Chris_C

Suddenly a lot more intereseted in the Slim, my launch 60 gigger RROD in me last night *cries*

EDIT: Are PSN games tied to the system or will I just be able to pull out my old HD and put it in my new PS3?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Chris_C said:
Suddenly a lot more intereseted in the Slim, my launch 60 gigger RROD in me last night *cries*

EDIT: Are PSN games tied to the system or will I just be able to pull out my old HD and put it in my new PS3?
Did you get the yellow light of death? If so, prepare for a really lame process of losing all your saves and having Sony deactivate your PS3 (assuming you still have your receipt), unless you get it repaired by them.

Putting your hard drive in another PS3 doesn't do anything; you have to format it before using it on the new PS3.

My suggestion: get it repaired for $150, then backup all saves, sell it, and go for the Slim.

Chris_C said:

PSN games are tied to your account. You should be able to sign in on your new ps3 and redownload them.

DiGi-C

Banned
Slighty off topic but can u back up your ps3 saves to a memory stick if in doubt? I currently dont own a ps3 which is why im so stoked for the slim

Egmont

Neo Member
That Harvey Norman photo indicates that we can put AUS down with Asia and Europe for a September release; more signs pointing to "simultaneous worldwide" launch.

If that's all the NDA was about, though, I might be a little sad.

Oh well. Approximately 48 hours, ladies and gentlemen.
If not sooner :O

noah111

Still Alive
DiGi-C said:
Slighty off topic but can u back up your ps3 saves to a memory stick if in doubt? I currently dont own a ps3 which is why im so stoked for the slim
You mean game saves? Yeah, most of them you can copy to anything you stick into your PS3, but some games don't allow it, sucks. However if you have a large enough external HDD or a big flash drive you can actually back up your entire PS3 onto that, saving all your users, pics, music, vids, games, saves, etc etc.

It's a long process (5-7 hours or so for me), but I do it about every month to be on the safe side.

Chris_C

chubigans said:
Did you get the yellow light of death? If so, prepare for a really lame process of losing all your saves and having Sony deactivate your PS3 (assuming you still have your receipt), unless you get it repaired by them.

Putting your hard drive in another PS3 doesn't do anything; you have to format it before using it on the new PS3.

My suggestion: get it repaired for $150, then backup all saves, sell it, and go for the Slim.

Red light, yellow light, then blinking red light.

I don't really mind losing my saves, I just don't want to have to go through to much hassle authenticating my games with a new system or anything like that. I'm fine having to download them (all 40 or so) of them again. If I fix the PS3 I won't be buying a slim, if I buy a slim I wont be fixing the old PS3!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Chris_C said:
Red light, yellow light, then blinking red light.

I don't really mind losing my saves, I just don't want to have to go through to much hassle authenticating my games with a new system or anything like that. I'm fine having to download them (all 40 or so) of them again. If I fix the PS3 I won't be buying a slim, if I buy a slim I wont be fixing the old PS3!
Ah, I had the same problem.

If you don't care about saves, then yeah, you can just download all your old games on your new PS3 provided that you haven't gameshared them with more than four people.

There are only two main problems- if you purchased music from Singstar and want to redownload your songs (that requires contacting them and getting your PS3 deactivated for Singstar only) or if you purchase movies/tv shows from the PSN Video Store (you won't be allowed to rent/buy shows on your new PS3 until you deactivate the old one, which requires a receipt and no guarantee that they'll do it for you. Or you can just create a new PSN account specifically for renting/buying media content).

noah111

Still Alive
Not fucking again... seriously, how can these fools still not know that image is fake.

Even though this should still be treated as a rumor, it’s looking more likely it will soon stop being just that and become fact, judging from the picture of the console available on the website — of which we’ve seen crappy versions before — which appears to be an official product shot. But, again, this all should still be taken with a chunk of salt.

KtSlime

Last year around this time my launch day 60 gig had started having graphical errors after a few minutes of play and would eventually lock up a little while after that. Sony was really helpful and said they would repair it without any fuss. So I sent it in,and I guess they were unable to repair it so they sent me a new 60 gig, and luckily it was fully backward compatible. Unfortunately in the process all of my PS/PS2 saves did not transfer over, and I had tons of saves (including Persona 3 FES 90% of the way done. =/ ), all of my PS3 saves were fine however, but I had made backups before I sent my PS3 in. Best of luck with your YLOD, hope everything works out.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Last year around this time my launch day 60 gig had started having graphical errors after a few minutes of play and would eventually lock up a little while after that. Sony was really helpful and said they would repair it without any fuss. So I sent it in,and I guess they were unable to repair it so they sent me a new 60 gig, and luckily it was fully backward compatible. Unfortunately in the process all of my PS/PS2 saves did not transfer over, and I had tons of saves (including Persona 3 FES 90% of the way done. =/ ), all of my PS3 saves were fine however, but I had made backups before I sent my PS3 in. Best of luck with your YLOD, hope everything works out.

I'm getting my new refurbished one delivered to me tommorrow. It's been too long since i've been without my ps3, it's killed me.

£150 was a disgrace though.

Egmont said:
:lol :lol

Watch, the official shots do end up looking exactly like cakefoo's mock-up.

I hope so. It's the best looking mock-up I've seen. I really don't see the problem with news sites using it though. It's not like they have a more official picture to use. Might as well use the one that looks pretty.

Egmont

Neo Member
-Pyromaniac- said:
He made the mock up based on the factory shots and box art. So that IS probably how it will look.

Well, I hope they at least use a different the angle or something. :lol

Chris_C

chubigans said:
Ah, I had the same problem.

If you don't care about saves, then yeah, you can just download all your old games on your new PS3 provided that you haven't gameshared them with more than four people.

There are only two main problems- if you purchased music from Singstar and want to redownload your songs (that requires contacting them and getting your PS3 deactivated for Singstar only) or if you purchase movies/tv shows from the PSN Video Store (you won't be allowed to rent/buy shows on your new PS3 until you deactivate the old one, which requires a receipt and no guarantee that they'll do it for you. Or you can just create a new PSN account specifically for renting/buying media content).

Thanks, since I have don't have Singstar and ain't got no PSN mvoies or tv shows, I guess I shouldnt have much of a problem.

Solsc

I know everything it pointed to the slim being released and the discontinuing of the fat model, but I work at Target and checked today to see if the current PS3 was discontinued and it still said that it was active. (When we stop receiving shipments of an item it shows up discontinued) It could be that they haven't put it in the system yet but it usually goes through once we find out we are not receiving any more of an item.

Tonay

Banned
Can someone post a picture of any 'leaked pictures' which haven't been disproven (or which seem like they could be real)? I've looked over the past few pages and found nothing.

Egmont

Neo Member
Solsc said:
I know everything it pointed to the slim being released and the discontinuing of the fat model, but I work at Target and checked today to see if the current PS3 was discontinued and it still said that it was active. (When we stop receiving shipments of an item it shows up discontinued) It could be that they haven't put it in the system yet but it usually goes through once we find out we are not receiving any more of an item.

Was that for both the 160 and the 80? Only the 80GB is supposed to be stopped.

Somnia

Solsc said:

Same with GameStop, but this usually means the warehouses for our companies still has some. Does not mean they are receiving anymore of them though it just means you as a store can still receive some due to the warehouses having stock. So who knows honestly.

Somnia

Egmont said:
Was that for both the 160 and the 80? Only the 80GB is supposed to be stopped.

80gb is still active, 160gb is not in our systems. Again this just points to what the warehouses have in stock for companies.

so how many hours of misery till the press conference...

and can any confirm that they have big news under embargo....? throw us a frickin bone here...

matticus

-Winnie- said:
I've always wondered... why red, blue, green and yellow? I would've thought using the colours of the main buttons, red, blue, green and pink would make more sense.

499px-Nintendo_64_Logo.svg.png

Because Sony was pitching the idea for PlayStation originally as a joint effort with Nintendo. Nintendo passed, Kutaragi decided to move forward w/o Nintendo and the rest is history.

Raist

Banned
matticus said:
499px-Nintendo_64_Logo.svg.png

Because Sony was pitching the idea for PlayStation originally as a joint effort with Nintendo. Nintendo passed, Kutaragi decided to move forward w/o Nintendo and the rest is history.

More like

190px-Super_Famicom_logo.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom