• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

How exactly would your job know if you broke a NDA though? Why even mention it and then not come through. Seems pointless.

____

dazed808 said:
dnwps3.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

dolemite

LQX said:
How exactly would your job know if you broke a NDA though? Why even mention it and then not come through. Seems pointless.
Exactly, why bother coming in and saying "I know shit but I'm not allow to say what it is".

Guys I am an Insider at my soccer club.
Kaz Harai called me the other day and told me everything.
We are getting a sequel to the PSX favorite....... Rugrats: Search For Reptar.:lol

Raist

Banned
dolemite said:
If Sony will keep their lips tight, this shit will just keep on rolling.

"...And we have a special guest for our last announcement, someone who is used to that kind of things. Please welcome Mr Jack Tretton, CEO of SCEA"

*Tretton takes the stage*

- I'm really happy to be here in Germany guys, Europe loves Sony, we love you

- So, back a few weeks ago, we came to E3 2009 with lots to show. As you all know, and this is somethiong I have joked about during my talk, most of our announcements leaked days before the conference

- Well, time flows like a river, and history repeats (a cookie for the first gaffer who finds the game using this quote)

*Pause*

- But not this time! Have a nice Gamescom guys!

*Tretton leaves the stage, lights go off, end of Sony conference*

edit: holy shit Ricky :lol :lol

Guy Legend

SoccerGoaliePro said:
Guys I am an Insider at my soccer club.
Kaz Harai called me the other day and told me everything.
We are getting a sequel to the PSX favorite....... Rugrats: Search For Reptar.:lol

%5B4634%5DReptar.jpg

Raist said:
"...And we have a special guest for our last announcement, someone who is used to that kind of things. Please welcome Mr Jack Tretton, CEO of SCEA"

*Tretton takes the stage*

- I'm really happy to be here in Germany guys, Europe loves Sony, we love you

- So, back a few weeks ago, we came to E3 2009 with lots to show. As you all know, and this is somethiong I have joked about during my talk, most of our announcements leaked days before the conference

- Well, time flows like a river, and history repeats

*Pause*

- But not this time! Have a nice Gamescom guys!

*Tretton leaves the stage, lights go off, end of Sony conference*

edit: holy shit Ricky :lol :lol
And then when people leave the building it's held in they see a giant PS3 Slim coming towards the earth and Tretton and Kaz take off in their spaceships.

I know a huge PS3 Slim is oxymoronic but IS IT?!

dolemite said:
Exactly, why bother coming in and saying "I know shit but I'm not allow to say what it is".

I think I know the rest of the script.

"Fine guys, we'll see who is right"
*wait till conference where inevitably something will be announced*
*come back to thread*
"See guys, X happened. That's what I knew would happen but couldn't tell you. See, I'm an insider!"

Cowie

LQX said:

Well, from his posts we can determine he works in Australian Game Retail, signed an NDA that is presumably relevant to a slim ps3, and is named Benjamin G. If he leaked something, Kotaku linked it, and Sony found out, The first thing they'd do is look for Australian Benjamin G's who signed an NDA.. It could be a fake name, it could not be, hell, everything so far could be fake, but companies have ways of figuring shit out. I'm in the minority giving him the benefit of the doubt, I suppose, but I can see where he'd be reluctant to say anything.

Cowie said:
Well, from his posts we can determine he works in Australian Game Retail, signed an NDA that is presumably relevant to a slim ps3, and is named Benjamin G. If he leaked something, Kotaku linked it, and Sony found out, The first thing they'd do is look for Australian Benjamin G's who signed an NDA.. It could be a fake name, it could not be, hell, everything so far could be fake, but companies have ways of figuring shit out. I'm in the minority giving him the benefit of the doubt, I suppose, but I can see where he'd be reluctant to say anything.

How is what he's done different from any one of us, knowing that a ps3 slim is coming at some point probably soon from coming in and saying "big announcement coming soon that I can't tell you about". Even if he's right, what new or interesting information is even given?

I found pics of a few of the PS3 Slims stacked on top of each other. The size difference isn't as much as I was anticipating but meh, it looks alright:

Black-Board-80g-450g-.jpg

Oh and the time stamp on the picture, it's a fake so sony doesn't catch me. Spread the word.

Cowie

elrechazao said:
How is what he's done different from any one of us, knowing that a ps3 slim is coming at some point probably soon from coming in and saying "big announcement coming soon that I can't tell you about". Even if he's right, what new or interesting information is even given?

At this stage, nothing really. The way I see it, he's either the attention grabbing troll everyone seems to want him to be, or an excited gamer who had inside information he wanted to share with fellow gamers, but got cold feet. I suppose from a purely "What did he give us" standpoint, those two things are the same, but from a "does this make him a jerk" standpoint, I'm a hell of a lot more forgiving to one of those two things.

Anyway, he DID give us new information(PSP Go at 449 AUD packaged with GT PSP, a quick google search didn't show that information elsewhere yet), and Dragona specifically made a note of it. So if he WAS making shit up, he'll be banned and you won't hear from him again. If he wasn't, well, I don't suppose it will change your opinion, but I'll consider it a small victory for the gullible optimist in me. So he's kind of a non issue at this point if more doesn't come up.

Ok...so messing w/ the currencies:

449AUD == 35,023 Yen.

$249 == 23,560 Yen.

AND

35K Yen = $370.

Does anyone have the price of a stand alone PSPGo in Australia to better compare? There is an obvious price premium going on but it's not as large as it seems and someone said the minimum wage is much higher in Australia as well.

vicissitudes said:
I wonder how much publicity NeoGAF has gotten because of cakefoo's mockup. He should get like a free premium account or something.

A few pages back Kotaku was saying he should get a free PS3 :lol

spwolf

demosthenes said:
Ok...so messing w/ the currencies:

449AUD == 35,023 Yen.

$249 == 23,560 Yen.

AND

35K Yen = $370.

Does anyone have the price of a stand alone PSPGo in Australia to better compare? There is an obvious price premium going on but it's not as large as it seems and someone said the minimum wage is much higher in Australia as well.

if you didnt figure it out - there is no standalone, pspgo comes with game packed in, like psp 3000 entertainment bundles....
And its around 50% more expensive than PSP 3000 base pack, which is pretty much same everywhere.

Cowie

spwolf said:
if you didnt figure it out - there is no standalone, pspgo comes with game packed in, like psp 3000 entertainment bundles....
And its around 50% more expensive than PSP 3000 base pack, which is pretty much same everywhere.

So it looks like the relative price increase is roughly the same? If we're saying.. 300 AUD to 450 AUD from psp 3000 to go, and 170 USD to 250 USD, they're both about a 50% increase, right? Or did I miss something?

BenjaminG

Banned
demosthenes said:
Does anyone have the price of a stand alone PSPGo in Australia to better compare?

This is standalone. The GT5 PSP code is free, and comes as a limited time offer.

Are there any Harvey Norman staff members here? I know there was a SCEA/ Harvey Norman conference last week, where PSP Go was a major focus. I'm kinda suprised more hasnt leaked out about this. Before you ask, I was not privy to this conference.

SCEA has yet to start accepting orders for the Go, so I have yet to see cost pricing, but am told it comes with an inflated profit margin. I fully expect this to be slashed when it hits retail though, so people will almost certainly be paying less than $449. Can I just remind people that until we can order, that price *could* fluctuate. But I have heard the same price three times over the span of the last month, so I don't anticipate that happening.

However, I digress, this thread is supposed to be about the slim. So back to it.

BenjaminG

Banned
lastinline said:
So, that conference last week was just about the PSP Go? The Playstation 3 Slim wasn't talked about at all?

As I said, I wasn't there so I wasn't privy to it. I can pretty much guarantee that if it was, it would have leaked.

BenjaminG said:
As I said, I wasn't there so I wasn't privy to it. I can pretty much guarantee that if it was, it would have leaked.
If my cousin wants to buy a PS3 and was worred a uh smaller and perhaps cheaper one would release, do you recommend he wait?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I can't wait until next weeks announcement. If there is going to be a PS3 Slim at a sub-$300 price point I think I'm going to get one to go alongside my PS3(60GB) and my Hagane.

BenjaminG said:
Ah, okay. I knew you weren't there, I just was wondering if you have heard even a little tidbit that the Playstation 3 Slim was talked about. Thanks for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom