• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machado

kazuma_pt said:
ps2 greatest hits on us psn store.
ps2 platinum on eu store.
ps2 the best on the jap store.

best selling games sell more again:D

sure...just look at the list of released ps1 games for us...

WhiteAce said:
yeah, basically they can make a ton of money by NOT giving people the emulator.
It's slightly evil but sod it, they should do it.

Tailor the emulator to each rom and put them up for download only, people are already use to the idea that they can't play their games by just sticking the disk in the drive so make some cash out of download only Ps2 games.
I can't decide whether you're serious, or if you're just having fun at Virtual Console's expense.

jiggle

nvm
misread
was about countdown for Lord of Vermillion game starting 1 week from friday not being a fluke
nothign to do with PS3 XD

Kagari said:
Maybe in a couple years :lol

One can only dream lol.

PS: I wana give a shout out to PS3GEN i just wana say that ill be back soon and to StephenO1683 and his goons.
I hope you all die in a fire especially that Fish fucker pirahna or what ever his name is.

spwolf

SoccerGoaliePro said:
PS: I wana give a shout out to PS3GEN i just wana say that ill be back soon and to StephenO1683 and his goons.
I hope you all die in a fire especially that Fish fucker pirahna or what ever his name is.

lol

mikekennyb said:
Argghhh... I have the Amazon trade in credit from the console deal they were running a while back, it expires on 8/31 and I don't know whether to jump on this or wait and hope for a slim/price drop later this month.
FYI, if you're talking about the 50% coupon that Amazon was giving for trading-in $50 in value by July 18, know that that coupon is not valid for consoles. So, don't feel pressured to purchase a PS3 by 8/31, based on that coupon's expiration.

JoJo13

Banned
I really hope that PS2 BC news is true.

Man...

A $299 PS3, a Slim PS3, and PS2 BC would really be a great thing for Sony and the PS3
(not to mention gamers)

Mar

Slim + price drop + backward compatibility = I'm in day 1.

Come on Sony. Do it for the cold hard cash in my bank account. I've been waiting for so long...

Xeke said:
I never seen a thread on GAF where something is supposed to happen every day but never does but people still eat it up...:lol

She gets real every day in here, based on zero facts of course.

Er, no. There are plenty of facts.

SamBishop

Banned
beast786 said:
B
E
Y
O
N
D
!
!

I recommend that everyone in this thread find and listen to BT - Movement in Still Life [UK]. No American release, the import is the only way to go. Then join me, friends. Feel the pump.

SamBishop said:
I recommend that everyone in this thread find and listen to BT - Movement in Still Life [UK]. No American release, the import is the only way to go. Then join me, friends. Feel the pump.

Agreed. Staggeringly brilliant album. But only on import.

SamBishop said:

Sammy boy, you got a lot to learn.

BERNIE.gif

Tideas

Banned
wait, 3 years into this new generation and ppl still want BC?

wtf...seriously?

1) how can you not have played the PS2 game when it was released.

2) there aren't any PS3 games that you want to play?

Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

People want an all-in-one unit? The PS2 had hundreds of worthwhile games? people like to replay games?

Phreak47

George Claw M.D. said:
FYI, if you're talking about the 50% coupon that Amazon was giving for trading-in $50 in value by July 18, know that that coupon is not valid for consoles. So, don't feel pressured to purchase a PS3 by 8/31, based on that coupon's expiration.

Immediately before that offer they had a similar one that involved a $75 off console coupon. That's probably what he has.

JoJo13

Banned
Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

There's a lot of people that:

1) Didn't play the PS2 games when they released

2) Never owned a PS2

or

3) Owned and played many PS2 games, but unfortunately missed out on a few and want to go back, only to find that they are not available on store shelves anymore. ICO is a classic example of such a title that many people would love to play, but the outrageous costs on ebay and whatnot prevent people from playing this classic game.

With PS2 BC as a standard on all consoles, it means PS2 titles appear on the PSN store...and that's something that will benefit ALL PS3 owners, regardless of whether or not they already have a launch PS3 with BC.

Mar

Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

I have a couple of PS2 games I have yet to finish, and there are a couple of PS2 games I'd like to play for the first time (they are still making games for the system for chri'sake). What's hard to understand about that?

jkanownik

Gamecocks625 said:
Looks like it's back to $399 at Amazon

well, I think. It was discounted and then back to the original price.

Mr. Bishop better hire a body guard.

We all know a price drop is coming soon. It's a matter of exactly when and how much. I wouldn't stake my reputation on more than $50 by 8/31 (but I would on at least $50 by 9/30).

Machado

Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

this is where I wonder...do you want dvd playback removed too?, you know ´cause of blu-ray and stuff...

Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

The main draw of BC isn't because you have no other method to play those older games, it's to have one machine play everything, and in this particular case, to also have better output for HDTVs. If BD players weren't compatible with DVD, yeah, you could keep in an old DVD player hooked up. But it's A LOT more convenient and less clutter to have one player that does everything.

Also, virtual memory cards are pretty darn nifty.

dolemite

jkanownik said:
Mr. Bishop better hire a body guard.

We all know a price drop is coming soon. It's a matter of exactly when and how much. I wouldn't stake my reputation on more than $50 by 8/31 (but I would on at least $50 by 9/30).
Why would they discount now if there is a price cut on the way? The only reason to discount is to clear out old stock in preparation for a new SKU. I'm expecting a Slim PS3 at $400 with the remaining Phats at $350 for this holiday.

Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

People also replay games. I still play nes, snes, 64, PS2, mega adrive and master system games.

The less systems i have around the better.

I got a BC PS3 so it isn't so much of an issue. However i am kind of interested in getting a slim and if it had BC that would be even better.

Tideas said:

wtf...seriously?

1) There are still releasing PS2 games right now. And some of them very good, like Persona 4.

2) It's impossible to have finished all the good games of PS2. And, in some kind of games, like JRPG, there are much better games in the past generation than in the current one.

3) Some third party Wii games goes also in PS2. For example, Silent Hill Shattered Memories. All the fun with zero waggle.

4) More games, more options.

plasmasd

Do you think the top and the bottom will both be curved? I took a guess and said yes and make a really crappy 3D model and twirled it around. We know for sure where the NIC, power and serial number will be. I guessed based on the fat model where the AV, HDMI and optical port would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s1-6BElaZU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom