• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slovakia ready to receive Syrian refugees – but only if they are non-muslim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how about kids of the refugees? They had no choice into what they were born into and dutifully obey the wishes of their parents in respect to religion. Fuck them too right

OK . . . .

Ctrl+F 'Islam' 184 hits.

How many Muslims have militant groups killed in these countries as opposed to non Muslims ?

Are you telling me the refugees are participating in the war as well ? Do you understand the concept of civil strife when people are oppressed by the governments and how many radical groups are squeezed out separated from those with a legitimate struggle ? Lol

There are other examples but here is one from just last month:
Federal prosecutors say refugee hoped to be terrorist

Here is one from April:
Ohio Man Indicted on Terror Charges
American accused of training with al Qaeda affiliate in Syria, planning attack in U.S

Born in Somalia, came to the US via African refugee camps, became a US citizen...

In Europe (from June):
UN quota refugees had terror links

This is literally a 'the Muslims are coming' post. Would you have been this prejudiced against all black people when the black panthers were active in US ?

Are you telling me the refugees are participating in the war as well ?
No.

How many Muslims have militant groups killed in these countries as opposed to non Muslims ?l
Are you telling me killing Muslims is OK? Herp Derp.

Do you understand the concept of civil strife when people are oppressed by the governments and how many radical groups are squeezed out separated from those with a legitimate struggle ? Lol
Oppressed by the governments? Or they want to take over the governments so they can enforce their religious law on everyone in the country?

You really think ALL those conflicts are just random 'civil strife'? You don't think it is just a little bit odd that one religion seems to be in SO MANY conflicts?

It couldn't possibly be that the prophet of that religion was also a warrior and that the concept of 'holy war' just might have something to do with it?

No . . . just go ahead and deny any and all possible connection. It is just a real weird random coincidence that Islam is connected to so many violent conflicts. It could have just as well been Jainists, right? Sure.

SmokyDave

If you replace muslim with black, and refugee with cat, then Slovakia still have every right to decide who can and cannot reside within their borders.

Ayt

Banned
I don't disagree. But I have the strong suspicion that the bigots in question would quickly find another cultural property for their bullshit excuse.

Dogma is the ultimate opponent. Religion glorifies dogma. At least with other dangerous ideologies, dogma is not backed up as if it is being dictated by god.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ask them? People are generally not ashamed of their faith.

It's discrimination but like I said there are plenty of Muslim countries for Muslim refugees to go to. Christians in the ME don't have those options since they are persecuted for their religion.

Oh so that's how it is. It's about getting a revenge, isn't it? It's alright for those refugees to be refused entry due to religious discrimination because you just have this burning desire for them to suffer the same injustice that other have suffered that in all likelihood has nothing to do with the refugees whatsoever. So you're holding them responsible for what happened in some other part of the world, aren't you? You're holding them hostage to what other people who they don't even know do to other people?

It's just revenge, isn't it? "They fucking deserve it, those Muslim refugees. They're Muslims, they deserve it. They deserve to be fucking prosecuted because in some other land people are also being prosecuted by others who happen to share their religion. They fucking deserve it."

Fucking unbelievable how some of you are acting here in this thread.

No.

Oppressed by the governments? Or they want to take over the governments so they can enforce their religious law on everyone in the country?

You really think ALL those conflicts are just random 'civil strife'? You don't think it is just a little bit odd that one religion seems to be in SO MANY conflicts?

It couldn't possibly be that the prophet of that religion was also a warrior and that the concept of 'holy war' just might have something to do with it?

No . . . just go ahead and denial any and all possible connection. It is just a real weird random coincidence that Islam is connected to so many violent conflicts. It could have just as well been Jainists, right?

Herp Derp? Lol answer the question . Is it true yes or no that the biggest casualties in all these conflicts by and large are Muslims themselves irrespective of sect.

Do you believe the Syrian Revolution began with Isis people? Do you think those gassed by Assad were Isis supporters ? There can't even be a spin in that question. Most of those who suffer are civilians who want a practical revolution and are stuck between the government and militants fire.

Have you thought about the fact that dictatorship and your most beloved pew poll Apendix D itself said by an average of 75% in all these Muslim countries that the people in power suck ? The same group said religious parties would by an average of 25-30% be more helpful. It's a clear disconnect. So yes nearly all are caused by civil strife, look at the economies and happiness index in these countries and they are nowhere near other countries. Unhappiness breeds contempt, contempt breeds irrational behavior, irrational behavior breeds terrorism.

And here we again with the misinformation that the prophet of so and so was a warlord because that's what the blogs have taught me. I have seen that in the course of 2 years you have refused to study the Quran itself so I can only say as long as you are uneducated on a subject and have a confirmation bias you cannot provide a factual statement and this is just one of those cases. You don't even know the definition of the words jihad if you use Glenn Beck's dictionary on Islam.

Tenebrous

And how about kids of the refugees? They had no choice into what they were born into and dutifully obey the wishes of their parents in respect to religion. Fuck them too right

This is why religion (all religion, not just Islam) is just bullshit to me. Reminds me of when Adam Sandler goes to college in... The Waterboy? I don't know. Mama said this, Mama said that. Mama knows fuck all, kid.

Doesn't mean we should deny entry to those that are in dire need of aid, though. The UK is a shithole (paradise compared to Syria, though), but helping out is the right thing to do.

Assigned to go sowmthing, if they had to chose they could have chosen somewhere else too. Are you saying Muslim refugees are more trouble than Christian refugees?

They are not assigned until they get to Europe. The fact there are millions of refugees already in Turkey and ME countries shows they can go wherever they like. I'm not saying all Muslim refugees are more trouble, I'm saying the chances of radicalisation, ghettoization and conflict over different value sets are higher amongst Muslim populations.

Also Christians don't always have the option of settling in Muslim countries due to discrimination and persecution. Even in so called tolerant Turkey Christians are harassed and discriminated against.

The unfortunate reality is that we live in a world of limited resources and those resources are not equitably distributed throughout the world. We absolutely can and should do more to try to correct that, but we cannot overturn physical limitations. The simple fact is that not everyone can live in Europe, just as not everyone can live in NYC. There's only so much space, so much water, so much food, so much housing. Does that mean that there's not space for these war refugees? Of course not, but that doesn't mean there is space for all present and future war refugees that will exist (or other forms of refugees).

The solution to problems of war and poverty cannot be to simply ship everyone to first world countries. We have to help rebuild and stabilize the countries that people are fleeing from so that they don't have to leave in the first place. We have to reduce the over-consumption of resources by the first world and redirect it to the third world. We have to make every country worth living in. If everyone simply leaves a failing society/government, then it simply accelerates the collapse and forces even more people to flee.

Tenebrous

The unfortunate reality is that we live in a world of limited resources and those resources are not equitably distributed throughout the world. We absolutely can and should do more to try to correct that, but we cannot overturn physical limitations. The simple fact is that not everyone can live in Europe, just as not everyone can live in NYC. There's only so much space, so much water, so much food, so much housing. Does that mean that there's not space for these war refugees? Of course not, but that doesn't mean there is space for all present and future war refugees that will exist (or other forms of refugees).

The solution to problems of war and poverty cannot be to simply ship everyone to first world countries. We have to help rebuild and stabilize the countries that people are fleeing from so that they don't have to leave in the first place. We have to reduce the over-consumption of resources by the first world and redirect it to the third world. We have to make every country worth living in. If everyone simply leaves a failing society/government, then it simply accelerates the collapse and forces even more people to flee.

This is definitely the dream. How we get there, I have no idea... But it's the only viable solution in the long term.

They are not assigned until they get to Europe. The fact there are millions of refugees already in Turkey and ME countries shows they can go wherever they like. I'm not saying all Muslim refugees are more trouble, I'm saying the chances of radicalisation, ghettoization and conflict over different value sets are higher amongst Muslim populations.

Also Christians don't always have the option of settling in Muslim countries due to discrimination and persecution. Even in so called tolerant Turkey Christians are harassed and discriminated against.

My cousin once went to a Eastern European country I am not sure exactly which one as a tourist and all Muslim refugees were assigned a ghetto development and all others were assigned places in mid income areas. Ghettos are often a result as how society looks at you as opposed to how you look at society , look at the US as a perfect example of that

Oh so that's how it is. It's about getting a revenge, isn't it? It's alright for those refugees to be refused entry due to religious discrimination because you just have this burning desire for them to suffer the same injustice that other have suffered that in all likelihood has nothing to do with the refugees whatsoever. So you're holding them responsible for what happened in some other part of the world, aren't you? You're holding them hostage to what other people who they don't even know do to other people?

It's just revenge, isn't it? "They fucking deserve it, those Muslim refugees. They're Muslims, they deserve it. They deserve to be fucking prosecuted because in some other land people are also being prosecuted by others who happen to share their religion. They fucking deserve it."

Fucking unbelievable how some of you are acting here in this thread.

No it's not. Your response is frankly bizarre and way off the mark.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No it's not. Your response is frankly bizarre and way off the mark.

No it's not.

If not, then what's your point in mentioning how Christians is persecuted elsewhere? Just some off-handed remark that has no meaning or some joke? Any people with basic level of IQ or an imbecile with half a brain can see your implication that since "Muslims have persecuted Christians elsewhere therefore it is also alright to persecute the Muslims/Refugees since it's only fair."

Ayt

Banned
Remember Slovakia does not have a single mosque in the entire country, a mosque was once proposed in the capital and it was banned my the mayor

This is also the country whose leader said Slovakia is a Christian nation so we won't accept Muslims and mosques
http://enzaferreri.blogspot.com/2015/01/pm-slovakia-is-christian-no-to-muslims.html?m=1

But you guys can carry on saying its a burden on the state and not a religious discrimination issue

So you agree with their logic?

"We could take 800 Muslims but we don't have any mosques in Slovakia so how can Muslims be integrated if they are not going to like it here?"

So you agreeing with their logic?

"We could take 800 Muslims but we don't have any mosques in Slovakia so how can Muslims be integrated if they are not going to like it here?"

"We banned the last mosque proposed"

There are 10,000 Muslims in Slovakia currently, 200 is nothing in comparison

I would give them the benefit, 100 Muslims and 100 Christians, they won't even accept that they wanted only Christians

No it's not.

If not, then what's your point in mentioning how Christians is persecuted elsewhere? Any people with basic level of IQ or an imbecile with half a brain can see your implication that since "Muslims have persecuted Christians elsewhere therefore it is also alright to persecute the Muslims/Refugees."

What is your IQ then?

DeaviL

Banned
My cousin once went to a Eastern European country I am not sure exactly which one as a tourist and all Muslim refugees were assigned a ghetto development and all others were assigned places in mid income areas. Ghettos are often a result as how society looks at you as opposed to how you look at society , look at the US as a perfect example of that

The country is kind of an important aspect here, without it this is just a fairy tale.

No it's not.

If not, then what's your point in mentioning how Christians is persecuted elsewhere? Just some off-handed remark that has no meaning or some joke? Any people with basic level of IQ or an imbecile with half a brain can see your implication that since "Muslims have persecuted Christians elsewhere therefore it is also alright to persecute the Muslims/Refugees."

A parallel, I suppose. People are appalled that Slovakia won't accept Muslim refugees. So the point is brought up, "Some Muslim societies still persecute Christianity". He never mentioned revenge, that was something you came up with on your own.(Unless kenshin has mentioned revenge elsewhere, I dunno)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What is your IQ then?

Whatever my IQ is, at least I am not openly advocating refugees to be persecuted through religious discrimination unlike you.

A parallel, I suppose. People are appalled that Slovakia won't accept Muslim refugees. So the point is brought up, "Some Muslim societies still persecute Christianity". He never mentioned revenge, that was something you came up with on your own.(Unless kenshin has mentioned revenge elsewhere, I dunno)

Yes, and the point would be since "Some muslim societies still persecute Christianity" then it is ok to do the same religious discrimination to these refugees. I don't see how the implication of his post is so difficult to understand; it's clear as day.

Not a shocker in the first place. There are like 0.5% (even less I guess) Muslims living in Slovakia. They don't like em there since it's a very christian country with a strong christian tradition, because of the Ottoman Empire and you won't find a mosque anywhere in that country. East Europe is full of that mindset. All you will hear in these communities are 500 year old stories about the Turks to justify their hatred. As I said, no shocker at all.

A parallel, I suppose. People are appalled that Slovakia won't accept Muslim refugees. So the point is brought up, "Some Muslim societies still persecute Christianity". He never mentioned revenge, that was something you came up with on your own.

It's obvious whataboutism, dude. "Obvious discrimination against Muslims, quick, I need to distract away from the actual discussion."

Ayt

Banned
Not a shocker in the first place. There are like 0.5% (even less I guess) Muslims living in Slovakia. They don't like em there since it's a very christian country with a strong christian tradition, because of the Ottoman Empire and you won't find a mosque anywhere in that country. East Europe is full of that mindset. All you will hear in these communities are 500 year old stories about the Turks to justify their hatred. As I said, no shocker at all.

Given that, I'd say that pragmatically they are making the correct decision.

Muslims are the biggest victims of terrorism and violence in the middle-east. Saying we should only accept Christians as Muslims should just go to other corrupt autocratic police-states from one doesn't make much sense to refugees who are at the end of their options. It is plain discrimination and hatred for a group.

werks

Banned
No.

No . . . just go ahead and deny any and all possible connection. It is just a real weird random coincidence that Islam is connected to so many violent conflicts. It could have just as well been Jainists, right? Sure.

Holy shit, are we really talking about the ME without any discussion of the British and French? You do realize that more muslims live outside the ME than in it.

Disgusting. I feel so bad for these refugees. Having to flee their home to potentially being sent to a country where they will be completely unwelcome.

Some of the responses here are just plain sad.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That's kinda what I was getting at with my previous post about maybe intervening in Syria. Four million people is just an unbelievable number of people, the vast majority of which would probably want nothing more than to just return home and live out their lives in peace.

Maybe the right solution should be to get involved militarily if so many countries are unwilling to take in the refugees. You can't have it both ways. A coalition against ISIS needs to happen because the situation is just not sustainable long term. No clue what is to be done about Assad though.

YaGaMi

This thread is horrifying.

Never knew there were so many people on GAF who despised Muslims.

Damn it people - these are refugees fleeing a war torn situation. Who knows what their beliefs are and it shouldn't matter. It's a fucking humanitarian matter.

Surprised you figured it out now. Sad really.

"By mentioning some other Muslims discriminate against others so it's okay to discriminate against these Muslims!"

Tit for tat. Revenge.

See, you are way off the mark. Where are Christians supposed to go if Muslim countries and their citizens discriminate against Christians? Muslims do not experience religious discrimination in neighbouring Muslim countries. It makes sense to prioritize Syrian Christians in Slovakia.

Muslims are the biggest victims of terrorism and violence in the middle-east. Saying we should only accept Christians as Muslims should just go to other corrupt autocratic police-states from one doesn't make much sense to refugees who are at the end of their options. It is plain discrimination and hatred for a group.
I agree. But then again, for them it's just like the Ottoman Empire invaded their home ground yesterday, forcing people to convert to Islam, taking blood tax and abducting young boys from villages to make them kill their own parents/people. They will never forgive that.

I agree. But then again, for them it's just like the Ottoman Empire invaded their home ground yesterday, forcing people to convert to Islam, taking blood tax and abducting young boys from villages to make them kill their own parents/people. They will never forgive that.

So Muslims should be discriminated against...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom