• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time |OT| Sly & the Family’s Tome are Back!

So apparently Sly 4 will have a PSN Mini(?) called: Bentley's Hackpack

Bentley’s Hackpack (PS Vita Cross Buy) – Playable on both the PS3 and PS Vita systems. Featuring three of the retro inspired arcade mini-games from Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Bentley’s Hackpack introduces an additional 20 levels and 100 challenges to each game and adds competitive social leaderboards so you can compete against your friends for top scores. The games also include tons of Sly Cooper loot to collect and cameos from the whole Sly Cooper gang. Bentley’s Hackpack is available as a free-to-play demo, or $2.99 for the complete experience.

Source

It's not DLC, it's...... I have no idea.

Iacobellis

You think GameStop could slip me the preorder bonuses even though I didn't reserve a copy? They have done it before a couple times for my brother.

Sorian

Banned
I loved clue bottles in Sly 1 and 2. They were ton of fun to find and collect.

Then Sly 3 became a barren wasteland of giant open worlds with literally fucking nothing in them.

I hope Sly 4 is better, but I don't have my hopes up very high considering it's not from a reputable developer and Sony doesn't care about the game at all apparently.

Exactly why I'm hyped as hell for it. I don't want a reputable developer, I want one that loves and cares about the franchise as much as I do.

DLC will probably be handled by Santa Monica after Sony close down Sanzaru.

tumblr_ma0bcqh0Rn1qa9kon.gif

jondabomb

Is this supposed to be a midnight release on the psn like Playstation All Stars was or a regular release tomorrow night

Drago

I do wonder how this game will sell overall when all is said and done. A lot of people in the Superbot thread that didn't even know this was coming out tomorrow... considering this is a gaming enthusiast forum, it doesn't fill me with hope. I wonder is SCEE will bother actually advertising it when it comes out there.

I'll be picking this up on Friday either way. Pretty excited for it. I hope the reviews tomorrow are good!

So, realistically, how much does everyone think this game will sell?

Being generous (and due to the fact that there was virtually no marketing and it's coming out on the day of another AAA title) I'm going to be nice and say around 150,000.

Iacobellis

Being generous (and due to the fact that there was virtually no marketing and it's coming out on the day of another AAA title) I'm going to be nice and say around 150,000.

What else comes out tomorrow?

The Lamp

I feel like it's highly dependent on reviews.

Like Ni No Kuni, if it got stellar reviews for some reason, it might generate good word of mouth that will make the first shipment of copies fly off shelves.

If it gets 6-8's out of 10, then yeah probably wouldn't even hit a million in its first month or two.

Because as it stands no one is really "looking out" for this game. I had to remind myself that it was coming out so soon, myself.

Drago

Dead Space 3 and Fire Emblem Awakening

I'm gonna say this sells around 100k-200k in NA when all is said and done, and maybe a bit more in EU. At least 500k lifetime, which all things considered wouldn't be a bad result. Good review scores (8+) are probably very important to this games sales.

Tagg9

80,000 copies in the first month, maybe 125,000 lifetime.

Dead Space 3.

I feel like it's highly dependent on reviews.

Like Ni No Kuni, if it got stellar reviews for some reason, it might generate good word of mouth that will make the first shipment of copies fly off shelves.

If it gets 6-8's out of 10, then yeah probably wouldn't even hit a million in its first month or two.

Because as it stands no one is really "looking out" for this game. I had to remind myself that it was coming out so soon, myself.

1 million is actually on average with the other Sly titles (4.3 across all three of the originals), not to mention they were all relatively on the cheaper side when it came to production values.

The Lamp

Dead Space 3.

1 million is actually on average with the other Sly titles (4.3 across all three of the originals), not to mention they were all relatively on the cheaper side when it came to production values.

Ah. I admit I'm not that acquainted with sales norms or budgets so I honestly just threw a number out there that didn't sound way too off.

Then again if the Sly games aren't that expensive to make then it could turn out good enough for Sanzaru in the end.

It's not like they shoehorned in online multiplayer or anything.

Yawnier

Banned
I would probably buy this game tomorrow had I already finished the second and third games in the series, but they are both backlogged right now.

I take it that we will see reviews up for this game tomorrow?

Drago

I take it that we will see reviews up for this game tomorrow?

IGN's review goes up tomorrow, so it's safe to assume all major reviews will go up tomorrow as well.

do you guys think reviews will mention the $40 price tags in the reviews in a positive way?

I would hope! The price tag is my biggest push towards picking this up around launch, which I imagine is the case for many others as well. The price + Cross Buy makes it an easy purchase (even if I don't yet have a Vita to take advantage of cross buy)

do you guys think reviews will mention the $40 price tags in the reviews in a positive way? I hope they're not gonna mention the game looks cheap or anything like that

Sorian

Banned
for someone who owns both ps3 and vita.

which version should I buy, and retail or DD?

Thanks

You should buy PS3 because that version comes with the vita version anyway. Retail or DD is your choice, usual pros and cons for each.

Edit: And beaten of course :D

dreamfall

Definitely picking up the PS3 version tomorrow, with the intent of playing it on my Vita as my console is in another State!

I am really excited- love the demo (even Murray) and hope the game does decently. I wish Sony was better about marketing the title :/

Iacobellis

Dead Space 3 and Fire Emblem Awakening

I'm gonna say this sells around 100k-200k in NA when all is said and done, and maybe a bit more in EU. At least 500k lifetime, which all things considered wouldn't be a bad result. Good review scores (8+) are probably very important to this games sales.

Sony, always going with great release dates!

boingball

Nice OT.

Would import Sly from the US but unfortunately I have now a Vita, which means I am region-locked to Europe and have to wait to March to get the PS3 version (but I am still busy playing Ni No Kuni anyway). Also I wonder whether the price reduction is also valid for Europe.

Drago

Okay, I'll give you that for Dead Space, but Sony's direct competitor is Nintendo.

Sly 4 and Fire Emblem are completely different games.

However, I do want both, so they're competing for my purchase. Maybe there are more people in my predicament, I don't know. I'm going with Sly though simply because it needs the support way more than FE does, and I love me a good 3D platformer.

Iacobellis

Sly 4 and Fire Emblem are completely different games.

However, I do want both, so they're competing for my purchase. Maybe there are more people in my predicament, I don't know. I'm going with Sly though simply because it needs the support way more than FE does, and I love me a good 3D platformer.

I understand, but then people even see the bundle for FE and it looks more enticing.

slightly of topic- but the Sly cooper trilogy is on sale : $19.99 at Newegg.com

just saved a few bucks instead of getting it tomorrow with Thieves in Time-

Sorian

Banned
Have you played the previous entries? Do they also carry that same vibe

The vibe between the trilogy and what I've seen in the demo is 100% the same.

EDIT: Apparently every question will be answered the exact same way tonight with Drago posting first, then me, then Byronic

Definitely picking up the PS3 version tomorrow, with the intent of playing it on my Vita as my console is in another State!

I am really excited- love the demo (even Murray) and hope the game does decently. I wish Sony was better about marketing the title :/

Do we know if the Vita version is a code or a "disc benefit?" Because for All-Stars, you had to put the disc in your PS3 before you could get the Vita version.

Just a bit of forewarning.

Sorian

Banned
Do we know if the Vita version is a code or a "disc benefit?" Because for All-Stars, you had to put the disc in your PS3 before you could get the Vita version.

Just a bit of forewarning.

Oh good thought, I read earlier in here that it may very well be on the disc.

Top Bottom