• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time |OT| Sly & the Family’s Tome are Back!

The Lamp

All I see in this thread so far is blah blah blah new Sly Cooper game blah blah blah $40 blah blah blah includes Vita version.

And that's all I care about so unless it's offensively bad I look forward to playing the hell out of this game in a few days.

krae_man

yes...

Sly fans will love this game, no doubt about it.

Downers for me:
- way way way to many minigames. They get boring fast
- Sly is a better character than the rest, so the rest of the people fell off when you play as them, which you do alot.- My biggest gripe though. Load times they are terrible for a handheld game. Really terrible. +1 minutes sometimes. Bad for a handheld game.
- some graphical hicups.. slowdown and small glitches.
- and yes, the gameplay is oldschool.. maybe a little too oldschool.
- The main game is not hard, it´s actually easy, but there is a lot of challenge hidden in the game, if you like to collect stuff..

But otherwise it´s a fun game. Story is fun and ok. The gameplay is exactly like the old games.

there is other stuff that feels wrong, but reviews will probably cover them soon. (EU embargo is in march..lol )

But if you are a fan pick it up ..

ohh I´m talking about the Vita version here.

I knew that would happen. How hard is it to understand that playing as anyone other then Sly always has and always will suck?

Looks good, and can't beat that price. But something is bothering me here...I remember when that Elysian Tale game came out everyone seemed to be up in arms about how it was a furry game for furries...how come nobody is saying that about the Sly Games?

Both series are great, but im curious about this.

I don't think every game that has animals as the characters is automatically a game for furries...if so, there are a lot of closet furries!

Jb

I don't think every game that has animals as the characters is automatically a game for furries...if so, there are a lot of closet furries!

I also don't think there's a sexualized "naked" female flying fox as a sidekick in this game.

This is the first time that I can remember where Carmelita looks like that and.....animates like that.

Wow, dont google her.
Yeah, the previous in-game character models as well as the cutscenes models were pretty tame and didn't accentuate her breasts as much. Wonder why Sanzaru decided to make her "sexier".

I played the demo the other day and liked it for a while. Then I was reminded on why I gave up this series on the PS2. I don't like playing as anyone but Sly. Murray especially. I don't even like the other characters.

Wish they would just stick with playable Sly and reboot the franchise or something.

I played the demo the other day and liked it for a while. Then I was reminded on why I gave up this series on the PS2. I don't like playing as anyone but Sly. Murray especially. I don't even like the other characters.

Wish they would just stick with playable Sly and reboot the franchise or something.
Well at least you can take solice in the fact that you can play as Sly's ancestors too.

TripOpt55

I was hoping Sly's ancestors would be kind of be a nice compromise between adding new playable characters, but still feeling like Sly. I guess it still depends on how often we will be using non-Cooper characters. I do enjoy Bentley and the odd Carmelita section won't bother me much. Murray isn't very fun, but I'm sure there will be quite a bit of time playing as him.

VanWinkle

I thought the Murray part in the demo was a little meh but could have been because it was such a bland intro section. I actually liked Bentley's section the most, surprisingly.

TripOpt55

The Murray is awesome :(

I like the character a lot. He's really funny, but don't find him very fun to play as. I think that he doesn't have the movement capabilities of his buddies hurts him the most. I can take his sections in small doses though.

Carl

I like the character a lot. He's really funny, but don't find him very fun to play as. I think that he doesn't have the movement capabilities of his buddies hurts him the most. I can take his sections in small doses though.

I quite liked his sections in Sly 2. I agree that his movement capabilities are a little annoying, but i still enjoyed playing as him.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

This.

Sucker Punch+Open world+ Sly only.

Ridley327

Why are people still asking for Sucker Punch to take the series back? I was under the impression that most of the old Sly team was gone by now, so all you'd be getting is a colorful open world game with MASH X TO CLIMB BUILDING "platforming."

And that's ignoring that they're the ones responsible for turning them into mini-game fests in the first place.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why are people still asking for Sucker Punch to take the series back? I was under the impression that most of the old Sly team was gone by now, so all you'd be getting is a colorful open world game with MASH X TO CLIMB BUILDING "platforming."

And that's ignoring that they're the ones responsible for turning them into mini-game fests in the first place.

The focus on minigames was a product of the times. That's what was actually popular back then. People were clamoring for them, and Sucker Punch received very positive feedback from reviewers and the like specifically regarding the minigames. People wanted that variety.

It's easy to forget the trends of the times, and how that affected the games being developed then.

TripOpt55

The focus on minigames was a product of the times. That's what was actually popular back then. People were clamoring for them, and Sucker Punch received very positive feedback from reviewers and the like specifically regarding the minigames. People wanted that variety.

It's easy to forget the trends of the times, and how that affected the games being developed then.

Is this true? I didn't follow gaming as closely then, but I never got the idea that people liked the additional playable characters they added in 2 and them getting away from Sly as much as they did. So I was always kind of baffled that they added 7 more characters to use in 3 who weren't even fleshed out like Bentley and Murray.

I know that personally when I played this series back then, I thought Sly 3 was a sequel that just took the new style of series developed in 2 and ran in the completely wrong direction with it. I guess this would have put me in the minority back then the way you put it.

Camjo-Z

I actually hope they work on Jak 4 next.

I doubt it but I can dream :)

I'll have to see how Sly turns out, but if the demo was any indication then Jak would be in good hands at Sanzaru. Better hands than he would have been in at Naughty Dog, in any case - did you see their concepts for Jak 4?

Early examples of Daxter’s transformation were more extreme. We saw an orange, goggled, ferret-like animal with expressionless eyes perched upon Jak’s shoulder. Several additional sketches highlighted Daxter’s beastly qualities, in accordance with the attempt to reboot the series with slightly more realism. Daxter’s expressive facial expressions and big eyes returned in other pieces of concept art, but the non-cartoony look still made the critter difficult to recognize.

*shudder*

Derrick01

Banned
This.

Sucker Punch+Open world+ Sly only.

Sucker Punch did create Sly 2 and 3 you know. Both open world (kinda) and both horrible. I don't know when annoying friends and minigames became the gameplay pillar that needs to be in every Sly game but it doesn't seem like a trend that's going to stop as long as this franchise stays alive.

It's like the Sonic games all over again.

As long as this game makes playing as Murray and Bentley somewhat tolerable, I can live. I'll just treat them as little breaks from the awesomeness of the game that is playing as Sly. At least it still looks great!

Grisby

DL the vita demo. Gonna play it later tonight. Downloaded really freaking fast too. One of the fastest DL's I've had on the PSN store.

Also, grabbed the demo for Sonic All star Racing because...well, just becuase.

Top Bottom