• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smackdown vs Raw info

evil ways

A fellow poster at the Uberforums 2 was cool enough to scan the latest PSW magazine and it has a ton of new pics and an in depth article, which I know I probably can't post here.

They talk about gameplay improvements and additions, specifically a more deeper counter system with several new animations and ways to counter.

Create-A-PPV is back along with Create-A-Belt, and now you can create and edit everything about your belts including the straps and details in it, plus wrestlers will wear created belts and I'm assuming you can defend them in exhibition cause it says the more the belt is defended the more prestigious it gets. Both features use trading between memory cards apparently.

Royal Rumbles have changed since now in order to eliminate people over the top rope you have to do it via a specific special move instead of just irish whipping or punching someone repeatedly.

There's now a Heel & Face meter/system where depending on what type of wrestler you choose and how you act, you will be rewarded and allowed to do specific moves and abilities that fit either a Heel or a Face. Sounds like the KOTOR Light & Dark system.

The article mentions Legends and according to THQ they will be big name superstars from WWF/WWE's past, but everything was kept a secret.

Everything sounds great so far but like with every THQ wrestling game, I'll approach it with caution and low expectations, just in case.

Thanks to EC from Uberforums2 for the info and scans.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I'm actually more interested in hearing from Beta testers... has anyone received their disks yet?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Don't forget that you can actually use the belt as a weapon in championship matches. That has always been something that's missing in wrestling games.

PSM said something about being able to trade shoves and chops. For instance, you initiate the move and each player has the opportunity to chop based upon timing. If you get the timing right, the last chop will send the opponent halfway accross the ring.

There was some other stuff mentioned but I don't remember it right now. Either way, I'm pretty excited for this one. THQ usually disappoints but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Also, I'm hoping there's an offline mode in the beta.

Top Bottom