• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Indignate

Yea I had 10 bucks in credit so it just made even more sense... :)

Also.. for some reason I could not find it in their in game store :/

Yeah, it's only on their website now.

Which is really weird. I guess they don't want to advertise it as much anymore.

Which actually isn't that weird, just shady.

K.Sabot

Is Geb's ult effective as an initiation spell?

I've been running into bead users with all the other great AoE stuns and I'm miffed.

I just want a blink echo slam.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Is Geb's ult effective as an initiation spell?

I've been running into bead users with all the other great AoE stuns and I'm miffed.

I just want a blink echo slam.

yeah use it mostly for taking a giant chunk of health off the enemy team when you come in

Dat Zeus recolor art!

b6QIpvO.jpg

[VEA]

FireSol

I dont understand ppl who feed enemy team for a few minutes in a raw and then trying to surrender even if team winning the game

Strazyplus

I dont understand ppl who feed enemy team for a few minutes in a raw and then trying to surrender even if team winning the game

They do it, and its super annoying. think its related to smurfing their account.
Idontknowwhatiamtalkingabout

Herc mini-head zombie
Ymir nuclear winter
Ullr Survivor
the new Nu wa recolor skin
Zeus Thunderhead

Lots of skins in one go, with together the treasure chest (and boosters from the past patch) is clear they are trying to monetize the game harder.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

He Bo

Scroll of the Yellow River

No longer able to jump over part of the scroll.

Janus

General

Base health increased from 380 to 400.

Portal

Cooldown reduced from 15s to 12s.

Kumbhakarna

Sleepy

Remaining hits indicator now properly updates if he reaches a level that increases the number of hits to down him while he’s napping.
Fixed a bug where the passive was not providing an extra required hit at level 20.
Fixed a bug where Kumbhakarna could be healed while sleeping.

Mighty Yawn

Fixed a bug where the radius was too large while he was downed.

Neith

General

Ms. Diagnosis targeters have been updated (For realsies)

Rama

General

Fixed an issue with his ability targeters starting out faint and loading in over a short time.

Astral Strike

Slow now stacks up to 3 times, changed from 20/25/30/35/40 to 10% at all ranks.
Now costs 25 mana per shot.

Serqet

Ambush

Jump distance increased from 55ft to 65ft.
Time before Serqet can leap after activation decreased from 0.3s to 0s.

Last Breath

The 1s grab on this ability is no longer affected by diminishing returns, or CC Reduction.

Sun Wukong

Master’s Will

Cooldown decreased from 12 to 10s.
Mana cost reduced from 60/70/80/90/100 to 50 at all ranks.

Thanatos

Hovering Death

Changed “pounce” to “dive” in his tooltip. Boom.

Vamana

General

Divine Protector skin now has a proper CC Immunity glow.

Xbalanque

Poison Darts

Fixed German futbol skin showing black futbols when Particle Detail was below max.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LMAb5mdroxI9Kuw6mmxE-vhPImxq7iGti1hRDaq3Cg0/pub

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Thought there'd more balance changes. Kind of underwhelming! The Rama nerfs are good though.

Ullr skin is pretty genius. The Ymir one is pretty cool though that ult blast should be a better nuclear explosion and his wall should be a blast door. The sound effects are great though.

Phades

New wa got some weird changes with her kit in regard to the ultimate. It just seems out of place. The rest of it seems rather cool though, but saying "oh hai i see everyone, and oh by the way you all are snared, just lost ~600hp and have reduced healing for a while now and I just healed 300+ hp" just seems off for a freebe skill that auto hits.

Thought there'd more balance changes. Kind of underwhelming! The Rama nerfs are good though.

Rama is going to be mana starved early and it will be mostly irrellevant later. It also makes his passive redundant as he will be more mana constrained instead of supply constrained.

Indignate

New wa got some weird changes with her kit in regard to the ultimate. It just seems out of place. The rest of it seems rather cool though, but saying "oh hai i see everyone, and oh by the way you all are snared, just lost ~600hp and have reduced healing for a while now and I just healed 300+ hp" just seems off for a freebe skill that auto hits.

Her ult doesn't do any of these things you just said besides give vision.

mkenyon

Banned
I heard about this game a while ago, but have never played it. Does anyone know if this game is better than LoL or Dota2 ???
With how much you hate indies, I'd steer clear.

*cackle*

It's great. I generally have more enjoyment playing it than Dota 2, at least the core game and how the fights work out. But I'm an FPS gamer at my core.

However, the matchmaking is abysmal. I'd imagine it's due to a smaller playerbase than Dota or LoL.

I hate, HATE Ymir's new skin. It is lazy, and as someone who has spent time around/in reactors, the green glow pisses me off. That shit always pisses me off.

Aaron

Any recommendation for which god to use for someone just starting?

Just did a practice conquest with Thor
I'd pick a god for each role. Probably the easiest are Sun Wukong for warrior, Geb for Guardian, Au Kuang for mage, and Neith for hunter. Thor is probably the easiest of the assassins, since all of these gods have built in escape skills.

drotahorror

On the PTS I had 5.9k gems. Bought 29 treasure boxes. Ended up with 9, 400-600gem skins. No purps though. Wanted that derpules. A skin or two was also holiday specials. Got the father xmas Bacchus and something else I think.

All in all, I think the treasure boxes are cool and are worth the gems. But, it would be very expensive if you wanted to get the Nuclear Winter Ymir or Derpules. Or be very lucky.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
theres not much i dont have pretty much have every voice pack think only missing 2 and almost all the paid skins i shouldnt have to put much more in to get the rest i need hopefully

OsirisBlack

Banned
Just a quick observation from the public test server. Nu Wa is excessively powerful if you can nail her combos and her mysterious fog is very very dangerous now. The initial damage + Gem of Iso is pretty nasty.

Getting two items to raise health makes her Clay warriors very difficult to kill at higher levels as they now get a boost from your max hp.

In lane her 1 or 3 will completely clear a wave free when maxed out..... pretty serious lane clear. Her 1 is better in my opinion as it does heavy damage and controls a ton of space.

Her passive is good but kind of weird as you pretty much must clear waves with her 1 or 3 as to not waster the CC from the passive.

Her most dangerous combo can be done anywhere Passive root, Mist, Clay let them do a bit of damage then hit them both with her 3. That will kill pretty much anything.

Nu Wa's Ult is garbage until late game then you need certain items to make it scary. Soul Reaver, Rod of T and Gem of Isolation all help it out tremendously.

Edited to add:

Going to actually run some numbers on it today but it seems like Zeus got a stealth buff. His aa seems to be much quicker on the new model actually going to check this now.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
just tried it on the pts 6k gems worth and got nucular winter ymir, ullr survivors skin, quetzacotal ward and saci ward (even tho i think this is supposed to be south america only)

Liberty4all

Banned
Ironically I purchased both kali and guan convention skins yesterday. I regret greatly not reading the patch notes.

I'm not a fan of them locking gods behind a random generator although I assume its going to make them lots of money.

I also felt legacy gods like the convention skins should have been left out of the treasures, however its probably my bitterness talking.

On the bright side this makes Winter Olympian Athena the rarest god in the game. Her, the soccer xbal skins, poolseiden and the team solomid apollo skin are confirmed that they will not be offered in the treasure chests. The Apollo skin is still available until the end of August I think.

Anilusion

How do you get the PTS to work? I downloaded the launcher but it just says "Smite Public Test is waiting for download" and nothing happens.

I hate, HATE Ymir's new skin. It is lazy, and as someone who has spent time around/in reactors, the green glow pisses me off. That shit always pisses me off.

I like the ability effects and sounds but I do agree that basically just making him green is a little lazy. Then again, it's not like it's a 600 gem skin.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
wonder if theyll do big head herc after this make his head so big it drags on the ground behind him

edit: could even have him ult and throw his head

I'm watching some of this evening's matches of Fat Chunks and damn, the meta is really fixed because people just can't look outside the box in Ranked/high level. The moment you do it, there are actually a good amount of variations. Two examples done today:

Duo lane without ADC, but with Ra and Ymir. And even more, it was support Ra and mage Ymir lol. And it worked perfectly, the clear of both is good, the damage is very decent, the heal serves better in the duo lane than in solo, the freeze goes well with Ra's Ult, the heal goes well with Ymir and he has problem escaping so sometimes it's better to stay and fight.

In the next game it was Hades alone in duo lane (!), and you really don't see that in Smite, people going 1vs2 as part of a plan. But Hades can do it, he is tanky, can escape, a good clear and a heal. And in exchange, they have a semi-duo jungle strategy with Merc/Baka that totally owned the enemy jungler and got control of the enemy jungle, while having Rama in the solo lane owning an Aphro better than other solo laners with a more potent poke.

Xyber

I'm watching some of this evening's matches of Fat Chunks and damn, the meta is really fixed because people just can't look outside the box in Ranked/high level. The moment you do it, there are actually a good amount of variations. Two examples done today:

Duo lane without ADC, but with Ra and Ymir. And even more, it was support Ra and mage Ymir lol. And it worked perfectly, the clear of both is good, the damage is very decent, the heal serves better in the duo lane than in solo, the freeze goes well with Ra's Ult, the heal goes well with Ymir and he has problem escaping so sometimes it's better to stay and fight.

In the next game it was Hades alone in duo lane (!), and you really don't see that in Smite, people going 1vs2 as part of a plan. But Hades can do it, he is tanky, can escape, a good clear and a heal. And in exchange, they have a semi-duo jungle strategy with Merc/Baka that totally owned the enemy jungler and got control of the enemy jungle, while having Rama in the solo lane owning an Aphro better than other solo laners with a more potent poke.

Fuck the meta is our motto when me and some friends do 5-man pre-made. What about 4 magical, where 3 of them are tanky as fuck? Most of us didn't bother with purification against Ares, because we didn't even need it. I solo killed Ares with Ymir without a single damage item, he was really bad...

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=82324218

We got lucky that the team we played against was pretty bad there, but it was so much fun. :D

U2NUMB

Curious as to why in the loading screen some players have their stats above their character. Why is that? (noob question sorry)

gogosox82

Curious as to why in the loading screen some players have their stats above their character. Why is that? (noob question sorry)

I think that's from the legendary skin. I think you can buy it or earn it through playing the God a lot (no idea how much you have to play the god to unlock it)

alazz

Yeah, expanding on what gogosox82 said, you need Mastery (gained by playing god--hover over the god's icon in the Gods list and it'll display your current mastery of it) to buy the Gold skin, and it'll display your stats regardless of what skin you're using. They're like 15K favor, I think.

If you're not going to buy the God unlock pack, you're probably better off saving your favor for buying new gods.

Top Bottom