• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

They've talked about Ao getting a remodel or swap or something. Nu Wa is pretty much confirmed though. Well, Nu Wa getting reworked. Ao is getting Sun Wukong / Hun Batz treatment. His skill set given to another god, and Ao getting new abilities.

Oh! I didn't realize the Ao rework was going to be that extreme. Interested to see what they do.

errm ... what you mean by Sun Wukong / Hun Batz treatment.
Hun Batz used to be Sun Wu Kong.

1tOtqdo.png

They reworked the model and abilities a bit (mostly visually) and turned him in to Hun Batz and then later reintroduced Sun with a brand new model/kit.

Phades

cool down ymir frost breath every 6 seconds for hard cc and glacial strike for stupid damage and a slow every 4 seconds and if you get blink you can pretty much destroy anyone there is no escape from the destruction that is ymir

To "avoid" Ymir's freeze though, if you hug him and move to his sides while he does his freeze, it won't hit. Having a good mobile character is needed though. Rama's roll doesn't seem to get affected by it either for whatever reason, but mercury's dash (#3) does.

Ymir can also be interupted out of it as well with faster hitting skills (he bo [up spout #3]/aphrodite [kiss]/ Artemis [pig] comes to mind mostly with this).

I really hate when people feel the need to use voice commands in triplicate. If someone isn't going to retreat the first time you tell them too, they sure as fuck aren't going to do it the third. It annoys the fuck out of me and everyone I play with. All it does is make you seem like an asshole.
Typically by the time they are even using those VGS commands it is far too late anyhow and fairly pointless to use. The concept of spamming it like they didn't hear the first one is pretty silly since, it is too late anyhow.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ao is getting the wukong make over they are changing ao to kukulkan and making ao into a different god i think china didnt like how smite depicted ao

edit: you can 3 a rama he gets frozen mid air also you can block abilities with your wall its fun to wait for a hebo to try and ult then you pop your wall up infront of yourself and make him waste it its also pretty hard to juke a ymir if hes really good with blink

I bought the god pack, but as i was testing out some of the other gods in Arena, I realize how much I hate most of the assassin classes and apparently the only class I can play in Arena is Neith.

Phades

edit: you can 3 a rama he gets frozen mid air also you can block abilities with your wall its fun to wait for a hebo to try and ult then you pop your wall up infront of yourself and make him waste it its also pretty hard to juke a ymir if hes really good with blink

I've never seen it connect on rama during the roll. It is similar to watching neith backflip out of a kraken and not get touched. I have seen it hit rama before he starts the roll and it looks like he is stuck in the initial animation part, but the skill didn't get "used" in the process. Smite server latency "stuff" is suspect for that, pings be damned.

I bought the god pack, but as i was testing out some of the other gods in Arena, I realize how much I hate most of the assassin classes and apparently the only class I can play in Arena is Neith.

Arena is its own strange duck really. Someone has to initiate and disrupt. Failing that, all the squishy classes like assasins and mages (especially melee types) just get melted. Hell even guardians get melted there depending on how the team is built.

errm ... what you mean by Sun Wukong / Hun Batz treatment.

and if they are going to change Ao model I hope it looks good, else I am gonna be disappointed on the change since I been playing him a lot. as for changes of skills I am not sure.
What Hun Batz is now, is what Sun Wukong used to be. They remade Sun wukong, and added a different god to take his old style. They are rumured to be doing the same with the noodle. Now we will have two noodles...

CELEBRATION!

Strazyplus

What Hun Batz is now, is what Sun Wukong used to be. They remade Sun wukong, and added a different god to take his old style. They are rumured to be doing the same with the noodle. Now we will have two noodles...

CELEBRATION!

New noodle, won't be noodly, but with legs and stuff. Hopefully not humanoid like some were speculating.

at least they will keep the old noodle playable. and I would be mad if it was some human with a scale texture and some eeyore kind of tail.

Can't wait to see something.

Phades

I don't mind other than the fact that there are plenty of human looking gods already encompassing a few different idealizations of people. It is more of a saturation kind of thing, not that another one could look good. I was guessing that was the point of the alternate skins, so that they could do other "fun" things with the existing gods/kits and not feel the need to be constrained to one form or another.

That said, I'm more interested in how he will play and if he will be worth the time to use. Currently, we are observing a mild power creep, followed by some backward scaling (read nerf). I'm not a fan of hype release to incite purchases followed by scale backs, but meh whatever it is better than huge power creeps or general obsceletion and overal mudflation (though I've never seen true mudflation ever).

Anilusion

I picked up the all hero pack and played a game with some flying dragon. I think his name was Au Kuang or something. I went mid and was against 2 players, but my spells were so strong they couldn't really do anything. Ended up killing them a few times. This guy's ultimate seems stupid strong if you manage to hit people with it. We managed to get a few teamfights in corridors in the jungle and my ult simply wrecked all of them. Super fun! :D

Anilusion

Ares in arena is so much fun as well. It feels like every time I use my ult it's like 2-3 guaranteed kills.

bV2UoCv.png

Is there any website similar to Dotabuff for this game?

OsirisBlack

Banned
Is there a gaf clan for this game? If so invite me im just about always on and play a pretty vicious Osiris/Than/Ares and Nu Wa.... guess I should mention my name is the same as it is here Osirisblack.

Strazyplus

Is there a gaf clan for this game? If so invite me im just about always on and play a pretty vicious Osiris/Than/Ares and Nu Wa.... guess I should mention my name is the same as it is here Osirisblack.

There is but I cannot invite you, a admin will post on here letting you know they have invited you.

Edit: Rygar is already on it.

[VEW]: CELEBRATION!

Anilusion

Anybody want to queue together in like 30-40 minutes? I'm pretty new to the game, I'm only level 11, but I'd love to play anyway!

My in game name is An1Lusion, add me! I am in the clan as well.

Strazyplus

Anybody want to queue together in like 30-40 minutes? I'm pretty new to the game, I'm only level 11, but I'd love to play anyway!

My in game name is An1Lusion, add me! I am in the clan as well.

I will join you!

Quote for Curse VOIP

Heres the Curse Voice link!

gogosox82

Was wondering if I could get an invite to the gaf clan. IGN is gogosox83. Also is there a good website for builds and whatnot? The one linked in the op doesn't seem very active.

Phades

I fought Rygar the other day, I was Rama and he was Ymir. He definitely froze me mid roll. I just instantly stopped half way through it.

Was your skill up and available to be used when you thawed out?

Just curious since I've seen Rama roll through the entire arc width at its widest or length of the freeze as it fired and not a damn thing happened.

Hey guys.

Sorry for being so distant, I've been stupidly busy lately. Rygar and Strazy are gonna have inviting powers so ask them for an invite if im not available (just ask them lol).

As for our tag, it's going back to smGAF or SMGAF or whatever we decide (if you have ideas TELL ME) once that 7 days runs out. I didn't want NGAF I just accidentally changed it.

Hey guys.

Sorry for being so distant, I've been stupidly busy lately. Rygar and Strazy are gonna have inviting powers so ask them for an invite if im not available (just ask them lol).

As for our tag, it's going back to smGAF or SMGAF or whatever we decide (if you have ideas TELL ME) once that 7 days runs out. I didn't want NGAF I just accidentally changed it.

If you can't get GAF, or Believe, just go with SMGAF.

drotahorror

Was your skill up and available to be used when you thawed out?

Just curious since I've seen Rama roll through the entire arc width at its widest or length of the freeze as it fired and not a damn thing happened.

Nope, I remember specifically that it was on CD. I know what you're talking about though. Where it seems the skill went off but due to lag the other person's skill CC'd you and yours didnt actually go off. Like you only heard the sound and seen the start of the animation.

Phades

Nope, I remember specifically that it was on CD. I know what you're talking about though. Where it seems the skill went off but due to lag the other person's skill CC'd you and yours didnt actually go off. Like you only heard the sound and seen the start of the animation.

I've seen the full animation complete on the damn thing, but nope he bo spout or whatever stopping it entirely.

mkenyon

Banned
Well, I am always at a disadvantage with WASD because I find it extremely uncomfortable and it's a terrible control scheme and it should feel bad. I meant at a disadvantage with a controller though, like if I was playing PvP in a game that needed precise aiming.
You mean anything that isn't FPS at least.

Cause, a joystick is objectively slower and worse for most FPSs.

In regards to the Razer product, the OrbWeaver, I use one and love it. It has cherry switches, which is a huge plus. I don't think the joystick is as good though, as it is basically a D-Pad, rather than a joystick.

Took me a solid two weeks to get used to it, but I love it now. The spacebar as a mouse switch is the best.

Strazyplus

giphy.gif

... to invite people to the SmiteGAF group in Smite.
Just post in this thread I, Rygar 8 Bit, or BeekleMatter will gladly send you a invite. (don't pm)
We did a bit of team up today and we did some pub-stomping and boy was it fun!

Gotta do it again sometime specially when I have more time on my hands to stick around longer!

You mean anything that isn't FPS at least.

Cause, a joystick is objectively slower and worse for most FPSs.

In regards to the Razer product, the OrbWeaver, I use one and love it. It has cherry switches, which is a huge plus. I don't think the joystick is as good though, as it is basically a D-Pad, rather than a joystick.

Took me a solid two weeks to get used to it, but I love it now. The spacebar as a mouse switch is the best.
Eh. I find WASD super awkward. Even for FPS. Technically a Dpad would be a better solution than either that or the joystick though. Especially one with a micro switch. If I could bolt my fightpad's Dpad on to my G13, i'd have the greatest thing ever.

Anilusion

Yeah, the games were awesome! I'd love to play some more tomorrow.

And apparently I have played 34 games of smite today, have leveled from level 10 to level 13, and gotten mastery 1 on 3 heroes. God damn.

U2NUMB

I am just now dipping my toe into Smite... always intimidating trying to dive into a MOBA when you are late to the party. I like the variety of game types and plan on spending time getting the basics down... then I will look to see if there is an opening in the Gaf clan as all my friends are LoL players.

One thing that always intimidates me is the harsh communities of these games for those new to it.

Is there a good site to help learn builds and roles for Smite?

Strazyplus

I am just now dipping my toe into Smite... always intimidating trying to dive into a MOBA when you are late to the party. I like the variety of game types and plan on spending time getting the basics down... then I will look to see if there is an opening in the Gaf clan as all my friends are LoL players.

One thing that always intimidates me is the harsh communities of these games for those new to it.

Is there a good site to help learn builds and roles for Smite?

Whats your IGN and I will send you a invite!

Top Bottom